Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

23/24 Injuries Thread

50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The amount of times our players carry on playing and are then injured is astonishing. Didn't Ndidi carry on vs Cardiff and then now out for 3 months?

Adrenaline can carry you through a hell of an amount of pain 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The amount of times our players carry on playing and are then injured is astonishing. Didn't Ndidi carry on vs Cardiff and then now out for 3 months?

Doyle did earlier in the season as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Really don't fancy Yunus, Casadei, and Praet against a mobile Ipswich side with an aggressive press. 

We got overrun a bit in midfield at Portman Road when both Ndidi and KDH were hooked.

We got overrun in midfield by a then desperate Sheff Wed team before Wilf and KDH came on! I would not fancy our chances against anyone with Casadei and Yunus together as 8s. Praet will be injured so isn't worth considering. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

We got overrun in midfield by a then desperate Sheff Wed team before Wilf and KDH came on! I would not fancy our chances against anyone with Casadei and Yunus together as 8s. Praet will be injured so isn't worth considering. 

Beat Huddersfield 4-1 with those two as the 8s

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And Millwall, although we were very open 1st half and 2 nil was fortuitous.

I do think the openness was much more on I think a very rusty / new defence (and they were very much targetting Doyle) and at least we did see some good forward play involving Casadei and Yunus against Millwall

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I do think the openness was much more on I think a very rusty / new defence (and they were very much targetting Doyle) and at least we did see some good forward play involving Casadei and Yunus against Millwall

I don't mind us having to win a few games 4-2 until we get the squad back fit. I'd like us to edge a 9 goal thriller at Elland Road next month too.

• Haha 2

On 18/01/2024 at 21:20, Sunbury Fox said:

After which sheffield equalised.  Not the strongest argument you've made there.

23 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Their equaliser came from a punt into the box badly handled by our defence. Nothing to do with Wilf or KDH who had successfully gained control of midfield once they come on. 

But we still dropped points after their introduction - you can't say they improved the team if we went from a winning position to a draw, regardless of whether they specifically contributed to the goal.  If they made the difference you're suggesting then surely we should have gone on to win 2 or 3 nil or at least controlled the game adequately to hold on for 1-0?

Just not a very good example of how their influence improves us (which it generally does)

• Haha 1

Saw Praet at a soft play today leaving by ambulance.

Did his hammy climbing up the 'slide of doom'.

I asked him how long he'd be out for...  he said he'd already done both ankles on the 'spinning ladybird' so anywhere between 2 to 3 years or end of contact, which ever came sooner....

Edited by Collymore
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Collymore said:

Saw Praet at a soft play today leaving by ambulance.

Did his hammy climbing up the 'slide of doom'.

I asked him how long he'd be out for...  he said he'd already done both ankles on the 'spinning ladybird' so anywhere between 2 to 3 years or end of contact, which ever came sooner....

I am sure you realise how boring such posts are becoming ?

• Haha 1