Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Champions League Thread 2023/2024

Lens were great. Reminded me of Ranieri / Shakespeare Leicester. Exciting counters, a couple of good goals (I could watch the first one a thousand times and not get bored) and bodies flying everywhere to block shots. 

Flash backs to peak Kasper and Wes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Lens were great. Reminded me of Ranieri / Shakespeare Leicester. Exciting counters, a couple of good goals (I could watch the first one a thousand times and not get bored) and bodies flying everywhere to block shots. 

Flash backs to peak Kasper and Wes.

Do you think they'll get another full season out of Haise or do you think someone will come sniffing? Some record he has there!

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean tbf have you seen their league position this year? lol

Yes lol but putting it down to the usual post champions league qualification slump!  

Won their last two (unbeaten in 4 in all comps) so get the feeling they're picking up.

I know it might be his first time on Soccer Special but Pardew doesn't do well in terms of describing what's happening lol 

That goal/no goal had no description, just an open-jawed Pardew with his hands on his head while it all unfolded lol 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

3-0 Newcastle.

Are they that good, or PSG that bad tonight?

PSG are extremely poor and they're also exactly the sort of side Newcastle were always gonna trouble. 

Newcastle work hard, PSG are the laziest side ever. They're exactly the sort of team we could have done with facing in 16/17 instead of Atleti who were basically a better version of us. 

The media will go overboard but I don't see that result surprising. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

PSG are extremely poor and they're also exactly the sort of side Newcastle were always gonna trouble. 

Newcastle work hard, PSG are the laziest side ever. They're exactly the sort of team we could have done with facing in 16/17 instead of Atleti who were basically a better version of us. 

The media will go overboard but I don't see that result surprising. 

No surprise they're currently sitting 5th in Ligue 1. The French league though is quite strong this season. Lens is just above the relegation zone.