Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League 2023/24

20 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Nobody has heard anything re Tieleman's mental health but wouldn't surprise me if he plays this card soon as his career is going down the pan.

You never hear anything on 'mental health' when things are going well.

That’s a real dick statement. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Genuinely think this competition is the best thing to happen to football in years. 

Finally a tournament that is just about letting fans from smaller teams get to experience wild away days, whilst also having a fair crack at winning something without you the usual money clubs dominating. 

It’s great that a team like west ham got to win it. 

• Like 3

On 06/10/2023 at 10:35, Sir Steve Howard said:

Tielemans having delusions of grandeur is about as close to fact as you can come.

Already come out in the press booting off about lack of playing time at Villa, despite the fact when he does get a game he's been playing absolute sh1te.

Nobody has heard anything re Tieleman's mental health but wouldn't surprise me if he plays this card soon as his career is going down the pan.

You never hear anything on 'mental health' when things are going well.

I’d imagine things ‘going well’ have a substantial impact on maintaining a positive mental state… and vice versa. 

Villa quietly cruising thru the competition. Dick Emery is a smooth operator - he’ll get them to the final where I hope villa lose just so there fans don’t get one up on us.

im still vexxed we completely flopped against Roma in the final! What a chance that was to add a European trophy to the cabinet.something we don’t have.

oh well…. :mellow: maybe under Enzo now.

Unpopular opinion but I think this is just a shit third tier European tournament that shouldn’t be around. As a club competing in the Europa league and winning it gaining qualification to the champions league should imo be enough. West Ham claiming to be unbeaten in Europe for 17 games is bollox because of winning this. 

33 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Unpopular opinion but I think this is just a shit third tier European tournament that shouldn’t be around. As a club competing in the Europa league and winning it gaining qualification to the champions league should imo be enough. West Ham claiming to be unbeaten in Europe for 17 games is bollox because of winning this. 

For clubs in the "shit third tier European tournament" its brilliant. 

Most countries take it seriously and its great away days. 

The conference league is fantastic for clubs that play in domestic leagues who dont benefit from foreign sugar daddies and inflated tv money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

For clubs in the "shit third tier European tournament" its brilliant. 

Most countries take it seriously and its great away days. 

The conference league is fantastic for clubs that play in domestic leagues who dont benefit from foreign sugar daddies and inflated tv money. 

I just find it difficult to find it any sort of achievement by finishing mid table and getting into a tournament and winning it when it didn’t exist 2/3 seasons ago. Especially in this country. 

• Like 1