Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3653491/leicester-city-confirm-loan-signing-of-yunus-akgn?lang=en

Leicester City Confirm Loan Signing Of Yunus Akgün

Leicester City Football Club is pleased to confirm the signing of winger Yunus Akgün from Turkish Süper Lig side Galatasaray on a season-long loan, subject to league and international clearance.

- Leicester City sign Yunus Akgün from Galatasaray
- Turkish international joins on a season-long loan deal
- The winger has five caps for his national side

The 23-year-old Turkish international’s arrival adds further strength to Enzo Maresca’s squad as they look to build on a promising start to the 2023/24 Sky Bet Championship season.

A product of Galatasaray’s academy, Akgün arrives with a reputation as an exciting winger, with his 25 appearances for his parent club last season helping them to secure the Turkish top-flight title.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Akgün said: “I’m very proud to be here. I’m so excited to get on that pitch and meet with the supporters. When I arrived, the way I was greeted by the Club and the staff here, they were all friendly and I’m so happy that I made the right decision.  

“All players, especially from Turkey, their dream would be to play abroad in Europe and this is my first experience. I’m going to do my best to do well for the Club and hope to have a great season ahead.” 

Born in Küçükçekmece, Akgün came through the ranks of Galatasaray’s youth system before eventually making his senior debut for the club in the 2018 Turkish Super Cup against Akhisarspor.

His Süper Lig bow followed in a 6-0 win over Alanyaspor in August 2018 before netting his first domestic goal for The Lions against Goztepe in July 2020.

A loan move to Adana Demirspor in 2020/21 further helped his development as a player. He featured 28 times in the campaign, with his performances helping the club achieve promotion to Turkey’s top tier.

He returned on loan to Adana at the beginning of the 2021/22 campaign. He played 34 Süper Lig games, scoring on eight occasions and providing 11 assists and continued to progress with Galatasaray last term – making 25 appearances as they claimed a 23rd league title.

Internationally, Akgün has represented Turkey at various youth levels, and has earned five caps for the senior national team, with his debut coming against Faroe Islands in June 2022.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Poor thread title.

Too slow on this one @StanSP, 9pm on a Saturday has caught you out.

I've been waiting for 'Leicester is Akgüns new ev'

A big thanks to Google translate :ph34r:

My work here for the year was done with the expert Casadei title. 

• Haha 3