Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

9 hours ago, blockheadder said:

Give him 3 games and we can confidently make a judgement.

We actually have 25 games to make our mind up. If the club still wants him after that then he'll be worth the £8m or £10m option. Nice long audition. Good deal. 

9 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

He will be 4th Turk playing for the Foxes fantastic.

Ok, about him. He is absolutely what we need for attacking right winger. Yes he has similarities with Under but he is younger, more fierce and helps his defence more.

The only reason he is available now because Galatasaray assembled a smashing team transferring Ziyech, Veratti,Icardi and probably Ramos (soon) for the CL and no space available for him.

If he will be used correctly by the coach, he'll do a fantastic job for LCFC.

Veratti? I'm not so sure about that.

12 hours ago, Amanda said:

Hello, i'm a Galatasaray supporter who also watched Leicester games for the last 2 years. For anyone asking why GS accepted such a loan, it is because we have a deal with the banks, half of GS income this year is taken by them. So not only Yunus but also a bigger player like Zaniolo was sold with similar options. 

Yunus was a promising young winger, he played good at Adana before returning to GS. His weakness is his decision making and i don't think he is quick enough to play at Premiere League but he probably will be ok for championship. He would be more successful at Italy or Spain where the game is slower. He became 4th option after Tete, Ziyech and another Turkish player so that is why GS is selling him. 

I cant imagine choosing to watch Leicester play over the last 2 years without being a fan. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Ok, about him. He is absolutely what we need for attacking right winger. Yes he has similarities with Under but he is younger, more fierce and helps his defence more.

The only reason he is available now because Galatasaray assembled a smashing team transferring Ziyech, Veratti,Icardi and probably Ramos (soon) for the CL and no space available for him.

In fairness, Under was 23 when he joined on loan and Akgun is 23 now so same age at the time joining us. 

Good to hear positive comments though from someone who clearly knows Turkish players 👍

1 hour ago, kiwiturk said:

Why are there so many comments on his Instagram complaining that he never made a leaving announcement. It seems as though they’re not happy and some people are quite glad he’s leaving. 

2 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Took me a moment to get all four.

That'll be a niche quiz question in ten years.

Yunus Akgün's Manager Necdet Ergezen: "Leicester City club has a purchase option of 8 million euros after making the decision regarding Yunus Akgün until a certain date.

The obligation to buy part comes into play if Leicester City makes it to the Premier League and the player plays 25 matches (no minute limit, first 11). The price to be paid at that time is 9 million euros.

3 hours ago, Bob Farley said:

Why are there so many comments on his Instagram complaining that he never made a leaving announcement. It seems as though they’re not happy and some people are quite glad he’s leaving. 

If you follow both Foxes and Galatasaray social media, this news was out about a week ago.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Although I'd have a guess Inler is probably as Turkish as Izzet 

I mean both of Inler's parents were Turkish and Izzet had one Turkish grandparent, but it's not really up to us as to "how Turkish" someone of dual nationality is, feel that's a bit of an outdated idea of nationality. It depends a lot on how their family and how they were brought up.

Kasper Schmeichel had a Polish grandfather as well (Peter Schmeichel's dad) for example so qualified for Poland, but Peter Schmeichel said his dad moved to Denmark as a kid and never went back to Poland so he didn't feel any affinity for Poland compared to Denmark, so I imagine Kasper was the same.

• Like 1