Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

12 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Any updates on outgoings or positions we are looking to improve mate?

I reckon it’s CB, Winger and Striker. 

The striker one is interesting. We’ve only been linked to Piroe but it’s increasingly likely we’re going to need a striker with one or two leaving. Could see a real left field option here. I highly doubt given the signings we’ve made so far that we’d go after someone else from the championship. 

The Chelsea situation is one worth monitoring, if they get a 9 in then Broja is quickly 3rd choice again. Personally think he’s good enough for a prem loan but you never know! 

CB is probably THB or don’t bother 

Winger will be the lad from Sporting.

• Like 2

After Kasey's brace, Wanya's goal last week and Mavidivi's winner at Huddersfield, I'm a lot more sanguine about our wide options now. We do need an option on the left, for sure, but McAteer could easily be that guy. But with Akgun and potentially the lad from Sporting, we're starting to look stacked in those areas of the pitch.

Performance-wise, yeah we can definitely pick holes. But Wanya and Kasey particularly, they're getting valuable experience at a good level and making game-changing contributions. That can only bode well for us as a club, whether they can force their way in as permanent fixtures in the squad or if it comes to offloading them to keen buyers.

• Like 3

Very happy with this. If we sign Issahaku on top, I'd be well pleased to let Marcal get out on loan to develop - Mavidi/Albrighton and Akgun/Issahaku with McAteer pushing the wings and midfield positions is really strong depth for me. If not, happy to keep Marcal and McAteer pushing Akgun for his spot. Great to see the depth finally evening out across the squad. Excited to see how he does.

13 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Sod it, repeating my joke in here since no one will see it in transfer talk.

Saw the unveiling video, thought we were announcing Steve Blackman

Swapping the clappers for kendo sticks

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CastagnesLasagnes said:

Was this ever reported? Seems to be a lower fee if we dont go up? that seems to state it would also be an option rather than mandatory?

SPECIAL | Yunus Akgun option details

• If he plays 25 games and Leicester City makes it to the Premier League, the 10 million euro mandatory purchase requirement will be met.

• Leicester City cannot qualify for the Premier League and wants to take on Yunus; He can complete the transfer for 8 million euros.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Amanda said:

Hello, i'm a Galatasaray supporter who also watched Leicester games for the last 2 years. For anyone asking why GS accepted such a loan, it is because we have a deal with the banks, half of GS income this year is taken by them. So not only Yunus but also a bigger player like Zaniolo was sold with similar options. 

Yunus was a promising young winger, he played good at Adana before returning to GS. His weakness is his decision making and i don't think he is quick enough to play at Premiere League but he probably will be ok for championship. He would be more successful at Italy or Spain where the game is slower. He became 4th option after Tete, Ziyech and another Turkish player so that is why GS is selling him. 

Weakness decision making and Tete a player that didn't make an Impact here last season is ahead of him. This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

• Like 1