Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I do find it frustrating that he does the same thing every single time and has so little variation but yeah he's young. If he's still playing like this in a couple of years though he will amount to very little 

So weird that he's only just turned 20 yet he seems to have got worse as the season's gone on. A noticeable decline after the red against Coventry. As though he been told he can't make any more mistakes or just playing with loads of fear. He was mixing it up earlier in the season and there were signs of something seriously special. Hope he can rediscover that spark

• Like 2

He's saying all the right things and is showing all the right passion/ determination  you'd expect from someone who wants to crack on and  improve.

It's no guarantee, of course..

He'll also benefit from having better players in the middle of the park who can thread a few more balls through.. I love that Ndidi has made every effort to do what's been asked of him , but we all know he's not an attacking midfielder, and does not possess the passing ability to genuinely be one...

KDH likely to go, ndidi also.. we need to replace both with some good passing ability.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

He's saying all the right things and is showing all the right passion/ determination  you'd expect from someone who wants to crack on and  improve.

It's no guarantee, of course..

He'll also benefit from having better players in the middle of the park who can thread a few more balls through..

KDH likely to go, ndidi also.. we need to replace both with some good passing ability.

Problem with KDH is the ball has to fall to him perfectly and he has to be pointing in the right direction to get the ball anywhere near Fatawu. 

Could you imagine Madders feeding him with the outside of the foot defence splitting passes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

For the all the promise, probably ending this season with less goal contributions than 13/14 Lloyd Dyer is disappointing. Guess he has time to improve but if we go up his improvement will need to be drastic.

I would go off big chances created rather, our finishing has been abysmal.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Problem with KDH is the ball has to fall to him perfectly and he has to be pointing in the right direction to get the ball anywhere near Fatawu. 

Could you imagine Madders feeding him with the outside of the foot defence splitting passes. 

:wub:

I honestly think Enzo has done the best he can with Ndidi and KDH.. two players who perhaps don't possess the technical ability to play the system Enzo actually wants to play.

You cant even blame enzo for sticking to his gameplan.. He made it very clear to our owners how he was going to play before they brought him in and was led to believe there was going to be more movement in the transfer market to allow him to do so..

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Bloody hell. 

Fans say you should play and bring through younger players and when you do you beat them with the 'prime Mahrez' stick. There is only one Mahrez, and Fatawu might or might not get near him. But surely you can see the potential is there?

I’m saying that’s what fans seem to hype him up to. I’m not expecting him to be Mahrez or anything close to that. Yes he has potential but for 17 million I wouldn’t be fussed either way. He’s a good player and can be exciting but is he that good? 

29 minutes ago, MPH said:

who exactly were you hoping to sign, considering the predicament we were/ are  in?

I’m not saying he’s bad but I think he’s massively overhyped by our fans. He’s a decent championship winger but 17 million? No chance. 

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I’m not saying he’s bad but I think he’s massively overhyped by our fans. He’s a decent championship winger but 17 million? No chance. 

That is how much good Championship wingers cost these days, especially when he is statistically the most creative player in the league

Players like Clarke, Philogene, etc. would all probably cost £20m+ and I don't think any of them are much if any better whilst also being 2/3 years older

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Get some midfielders who know how to pass to a winger instead of wilfred chuffin Ndidi and you might  see him play a bit more to his strengths.. You have to factor in his age and potential to that price... and  more importantly, if he does continue to progress, we can sell him for tripple that in 2-3 years..

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

Get some midfielders who know how to pass to a winger instead of wilfred chuffin Ndidi and you might  see him play a bit more to his strengths.. You have to factor in his age and potential to that price... and  more importantly, if he does continue to progress, we can sell him for tripple that in 2-3 years..

Before he entered the exit lounge, Ndid and Abdul built up quite a decent partnership. Now, Wilf can barely be arsed to run after one of this passes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

I'm not sure that this confidence is helping or hindering the team. Do they genuinely think that they've won it already? That's a dangerous avenue to stalk, isn't it?

Yeah I found it very interesting. I guess one man's complacency is another man's visualising success. On balance it's refreshing to me, hearing a player be very upfront about his intentions and ability.

4 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Bloody hell. 

Fans say you should play and bring through younger players and when you do you beat them with the 'prime Mahrez' stick. There is only one Mahrez, and Fatawu might or might not get near him. But surely you can see the potential is there?

You're falling into the trap of thinking it's the same people 

If you can find anyone who champions developing young players who doesn't think we should sign Fatawu then fair play. Otherwise you're probably treating different fans opinions as one collective opinion. 

3 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Yeah I found it very interesting. I guess one man's complacency is another man's visualising success. On balance it's refreshing to me, hearing a player be very upfront about his intentions and ability.

Drink in that refreshing confidence :D

image.png.cb6a860c95c84f97dd4459aeb9cf29c2.png

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

All that £17m figure tells me is that we probably got a fair price for Barnes

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Quality assist. Needs to do more of that! 

Needs to actually be given the ball up the pitch and not completely isolated. It was about the only time we did that and he produced such quality. Streets ahead of Mavididi

• Like 3

Just now, dmayne7 said:

Needs to actually be given the ball up the pitch and not completely isolated. It was about the only time we did that and he produced such quality. Streets ahead of Mavididi

Midfielders don’t have it in them to make the quality passes to wingers when they’re in good positions, they’d rather pass it back to a centreback to attempt 

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

Midfielders don’t have it in them to make the quality passes to wingers when they’re in good positions, they’d rather pass it back to a centreback to attempt 

That refusal of a pass from Ndidi in the first half sums to up. I thought the grand national was last week?!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Seems to have a lot more confidence and resilience even when things don't seem to go his way.