Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

Moved onto 18 goal involvements - Same as Mavididi. Great to have a couple of dangerous wide players.

It’s a shame so many teams have sat back against us this season as he really thrives in those expansive games doesn’t he…his output would be even better!

• Like 4

On 19/04/2024 at 10:11, Bourbon Fox said:

Interesting interview on the When You're Smiling podcast.

Obviously some scripted answers, lots of 'the players are focused on getting the job done' but also a couple of noteworthy comments:

'I'm looking forward to the next game because something special is going to happen to me after this game... with the team that we have and how we play, it's not because we played bad, we just need some luck.

The way I'm speaking now is from the team, the atmosphere in the team because of how things are going in training and the team believes that we will get the job done.

It's a special thing because this will be my first trophy, and it will be a special thing for me... I'm feeling so excited already towards these games because the team is ready, we've put so much in.

As I'm speaking to you now everyone's ready and we're just waiting for the day. We've prepared already and it's going to be a good game.

The older players are the best to play with. With the older players that we have, they help us a lot. With the pressure they know how to speak to us and tell us what we need to do... they always make our work easier because they know it already. Most of the time they speak to you in the dugout, they tell you mistakes you've made and things you should have done and it makes it easier so it's good to play with them. 

We are going to be strong, stronger than when we played them before. 

It's amazing for us to now make everything positive to get what belongs to us, because we've worked so hard this season. For us it's just to win the games and get promoted.

So far my season has been good but it can get better, with 4 games to go this is the time to do more. I still need to improve, gradually everything is coming along. I want to stay here [with the older players and manager, at Leicester] but for now let's just focus on this season and see what happens.

I wish tomorrow was Saturday because we're ready, and we're ready to give our all.'

Well he did tell us he was going to get better and win a trophy...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's got such big Knockaert energy. 

Nail on the head. He's more Knocky than Mahrez in character. You can't help but love him.

Bless him, he looks so unsure of himself in interviews too! Only 19 though, so not surprising really.

Edited by CloudFox

29 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Moved onto 18 goal involvements - Same as Mavididi. Great to have a couple of dangerous wide players.

It’s a shame so many teams have sat back against us this season as he really thrives in those expansive games doesn’t he…his output would be even better!

I still don’t think we’ve seen a game yet with both of them at full tilt and on fire! Would be bloody unbelievable if we could get them both terrorising a back line at the same time. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Langston said:

Going to start using "eat a big bucket of shit" day to day

Can someone please check if Big Nige knows any Portuguese, and whether he was glued to his phone mid-match

:pearson:

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Revenge is a dish best served cold. 

you mean like we got revenge on them for sending us slimani by  tying them into a deal for Fatawu?  :D

24 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I still don’t think we’ve seen a game yet with both of them at full tilt and on fire! Would be bloody unbelievable if we could get them both terrorising a back line at the same time. 

Mavididi had one of his better performances today I thought. Maybe not at his absolute best but he had a classy assist and that one run where he took on 3 to 4 Southampton players and came out with the ball.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MPH said:

you mean like we got revenge on them for sending us slimani by  tying them into a deal for Fatawu?  :D

And for the Adrian Silva **** up 

• Like 3

I just love this lad, and love how he plays the game. Not only does he have those magic moments in him, he also has this incredible desire to work in every situation. He's never gone hiding when it's been tough. Top player.

Mavididi and Abdul have been a real treat to watch this season.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 2