Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, lcfc67 said:

Must admit when I heard him say "something special is going to happen to me after this game" I wondered if it meant he will sign permanently ?

Perhaps lost in translation

Possible, but he repeated that later referencing that this would be his first major trophy so I think he's talking about winning the title.

• Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

If we go up, its an obligation is it not?

Obligation or not it depends where we find ourselves. A transfer ban might prevent it. We won’t have a tone of money to lash around as it is, likely very little. 

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I'm not sure that this confidence is helping or hindering the team. Do they genuinely think that they've won it already? That's a dangerous avenue to stalk, isn't it?

Better than saying "Yeah we're fvcked but I dont care as ill be in Lisbon next year rather than this shithole"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Obligation or not it depends where we find ourselves. A transfer ban might prevent it. We won’t have a tone of money to lash around as it is, likely very little. 

Surely his deal wouldn't be included in the ban as the terms were agreed before? It'd be really harsh if not!

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Would the precedent set by Leeds for Augustin not apply, exceptional circumstances don't override the contractual obligations. So we'd have to sign him but might not be able to register him

Just now, The Doctor said:

Would the precedent set by Leeds for Augustin not apply, exceptional circumstances don't override the contractual obligations. So we'd have to sign him but might not be able to register him

It’s possible. Complicated 

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

More ifs than an excel spreadsheet. All we know is there is an obligation to buy and roughly what the fee is, which when amortised over what the deal might be is pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things.  I would say that if we go up its very likely we sign him. If we stay down, not a chance.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Better than saying "Yeah we're fvcked but I dont care as ill be in Lisbon next year rather than this shithole"

Well yes, I suppose. It's also better than if he had killed a puppy, too. Better than if he had made a sexist comment or racist joke, as well.

It doesn't have to be one or the other, though, does it? And you don't need him to say the above in order to question the mentality of the team. I think that, given recent performances and the erosion of effort, saying 'this is my first trophy' when we're currently sat in 2nd position might meet a lot of criteria for excessively hubristic. 

Won't read too much into it after Mavs was giving it "I love proving doubters wrong" before we whimpered to loss last week lol

it sounds a lot like the same mindset exists as did when Maddison did his little tweet last season. "We're playing well, we'll be fine"

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Couldn’t care less if he signed permanently or not. So overrated by the fanbase, yes he’s exciting and has pace. Young lad but some fans act like this is prime Mahrez. I find him so frustrating to watch 

Bloody hell. 

Fans say you should play and bring through younger players and when you do you beat them with the 'prime Mahrez' stick. There is only one Mahrez, and Fatawu might or might not get near him. But surely you can see the potential is there?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

For the all the promise, probably ending this season with less goal contributions than 13/14 Lloyd Dyer is disappointing. Guess he has time to improve but if we go up his improvement will need to be drastic.

Actually being in the prem might suit his game more... defenses don't sit so deep, he'll have more space to knock it past a defender and run. That's if they are not on him like a rash, which can happen.. he might have to come a bit deeper to get the ball.. Plus, you practically have to be Ronaldo or Messi to be double marked in the prem..

40 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Couldn’t care less if he signed permanently or not. So overrated by the fanbase, yes he’s exciting and has pace. Young lad but some fans act like this is prime Mahrez. I find him so frustrating to watch 

who exactly were you hoping to sign, considering the predicament we were/ are  in?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I do find it frustrating that he does the same thing every single time and has so little variation but yeah he's young. If he's still playing like this in a couple of years though he will amount to very little