Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It kills the momentum because 9/10 it doesnt work 

It was earlier in the season. I remember loads of opportunities coming as a result. It also kills momentum if your winger is always cutting inside and putting crosses in to nobody because they haven’t got another option. 

As I say, it works when implemented correctly and when there are options arriving in the box.

Signing Fatawu for 17 million is an easy decision.  We will more than make our money back on him and then some more. 

it was our old business model and we will return to it now.

Edited by MPH

He's way to erratic for us to be paying 17m for, but if we're promoted, it's no longer a choice. Funny how he spent 80mins, over and under hitting passes/crosses, and Akgun comes along and puts one right on Mavs head. He really needs a full pre season with Enzo and the coaches and then maybe we'll see the best of him.

Edited by sm1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

It was earlier in the season. I remember loads of opportunities coming as a result. It also kills momentum if your winger is always cutting inside and putting crosses in to nobody because they haven’t got another option. 

As I say, it works when implemented correctly and when there are options arriving in the box.

It did work earlier on in the season but hasn’t for ages now. He needs to shoot more too, seems reluctant to do that 

He's an enigma. He's capable of some fantastic moments which get you off your seat, he's lightning quick and he can go past defenders like there not there. On the other hand he can have games like today. Over hitting passes, crosses, bizzare shots. Today he way off it and should have been subbed sooner. But he's definitely a weapon and if we go up and we pay the 17m then I won't be unhappy. It's a lot of money for a club in FFP trouble like us though, I will say that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

He's an enigma. He's capable of some fantastic moments which get you off your seat, he's lightning quick and he can go past defenders like there not there. On the other hand he can have games like today. Over hitting passes, crosses, bizzare shots. Today he way off it and should have been subbed sooner. But he's definitely a weapon and if we go up and we pay the 17m then I won't be unhappy. It's a lot of money for a club in FFP trouble like us though, I will say that.

Its not really, 5 year contact its only 3.4m each season on the accounts.

14 minutes ago, sm1 said:

He's way to erratic for us to be paying 17m for, but if we're promoted, it's no longer a choice. Funny how he spent 80mins, over and under hitting passes/crosses, and Akgun comes along and puts one right on Mavs head. He really needs a full pre season with Enzo and the coaches and then maybe we'll see the best of him.

He didn't play well but he was following Enzo's orders by playing these passes to Ndidi. Even if these passes were successful Ndidi is absolutely useless in decision making at these positions on the right side of the box. Ndidi is better when he's inside the box seeking for the final pass for a header or shot like McTominay did a lot of times this season. 

24 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It did work earlier on in the season but hasn’t for ages now. He needs to shoot more too, seems reluctant to do that 

Oh yes I agree there. Although Ndidi was out for a while and those we had in his place weren’t really making that run/option.

I agree also about him shooting. This is my point really, mix it up. You don’t want him cutting in and shooting everything time, or cutting in and crossing. Same as even if the number 8 is making the run to the byline every time, you don’t want him to always play that ball either. Mix it up and a healthy unpredictability is what we need.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MPH said:

Signing Fatawu for 17 million is an easy decision.  We will more than make our money back on him and then some more. 

Let's hope so because at moment he isn't close to being worth 17 million. Amazes me how we managed to agree a fee so high on a player who has hardly played prior to this season. Sporting must love us.

44 minutes ago, sm1 said:

The championship record for big chances created was 23 in a whole season.....

Screenshot_20240406_200212_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, MPH said:

Unfortunately we won’t be spending £17m on anyone. 

2 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

FFP, We’re in the brown stuff!!

Well, we will have to sell players for sure. But this 17 mil will be amortised across probably a 5 year contract and there is an obligation if promoted anyway. Go up, im pretty confident we get this bloke no matter what.

44 minutes ago, adam said:

Let's hope so because at moment he isn't close to being worth 17 million. Amazes me how we managed to agree a fee so high on a player who has hardly played prior to this season. Sporting must love us.

Where were you when he was playing out of his skin, scoring wonder goals and earning rave reviews?

37 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Unfortunately we won’t be spending £17m on anyone. 

yes we will. Especially as an investment like this. This is exactly the type of signing we like to get involved in.

• Like 2

He was actually better than Mavididi until he was taken off. I think it’s great he works so hard out of possession too, take note Mavididi. Abdul is 19, if we go up then 14 million is a good investment because we will be able to sell him for double soon.

I like him. He can be exciting enough to get you out of your seat, works hard defensively and you can tell he loves being here. Often doubled up on which creates more space inside. His shooting is more suited to gaelic football at present but he can work on that 

• Like 2