Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

Pace, a HUGE leap on him, defensively he is sometimes like having a second right back, dribbling ability to go on the inside and outside and is adding goals and assists in his first proper season!

he could become the complete winger, easy to say after that performance but the evidence is there. If he works on making the cutting in from the right hand side a strength he’ll be frightening 

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Too little money for what we are seeing, that is the reality.
and wanting this player to do what Geny is doing, is a crime, you know...

Yes, there is drama because you will receive very little for the quality the player has... and Sporting is the one who loses

It must be admitted that Fatawu was poorly used. Sporting was buying Tabata, Arthur, Rochinha and others and letting out a pearl like this, well...

Another thing only with a player other than Geny on the right. As can be seen in the third goal (of the team), he is perfect at receiving the ball wide on the line/side, making the diagonal from the right inside and shooting. He is not a player to play with his back or receive in interior areas in tight spaces and have to play with just a few touches.

Check out the assistance too. When he receives the ball, he is always the player who is furthest to the right of the entire attack.

This Fatawu business is on par with Palhinha and Raphinha. My goodness, how is it possible to send this kid away??? That 2nd goal looked like Saka... we're all going to eat a big bucket of shit when Leicester sells him for 80 million to a Chelsea team...

The Demiral of recent years… Nothing to say, poorly managed and poorly used. Everything else is fait-divers.

Fatawu wasn't worth what they were going to pay for it a year ago, if it's been here you don't know if it was valued this way. You know better than anyone that football is the moment and the circumstance.

Was it a crime? It's very similar to what he's doing in England, it occupies practically the same spaces. He would have more defensive responsibilities, but it wouldn't be a problem.

That's not quite true, the potential was all there. Everything. Sporting should have made a deal safeguarding what is happening, either with a buyback clause or with a % of the pass to be negotiated later. So, it's like watching the notes fly.

The same thing that Coventry, Lecce, the Danes who sold us Diomande, City who sold us Porro, etc. can do... it doesn't always get right.

With Geny, Edwards and Trincao, Sporting is more in need of right-handed openers on the left flank than left-handed ones on the right.

Of course, Fatawu could be here instead of one of them, but no one would pay for Geny what they are going to pay for Fatawu, nor are Trincao and Edwards bad players... that's part of it.

It's depressing to see the influence of this player on Leichester... And knowing that he was offered for 17m, having only 50% of the pass...

Business reminiscences of Sporting in the past…

Obviously Leicester will keep him and obviously he will have a great career in English football, here the 50% will be known shortly but I don't know if there was interest on the other side when he came here to already have that percentage guarantee.

Ever since I saw the way he destroyed Ajax in the YL (ok, Ajax wasn't a great player) it was more than obvious that he was a player already well above others of his same age, I think it's absurd that people are making bullshit comparisons with other players.

But I maintain that in addition to Amorim's responsibilities, the businessman made outrageous demands and wanted to get into England, Amorim only gave him the pretext.

Makes up for the other times that we got ripped off by Sporting.

I just wish that he would stop the backflips. Thought for a while afterwards that he'd injured himself. Enzo needs a word in his shell like.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Out Foxed said:

i could be misremembering but i'm pretty sure he skied a good chance before the finish

He did. I text my Saints supporting mate that if he could shoot he’d be Mahrez 2. He then scored a hattrick :ph34r: 

• Sad 1

On 24/04/2024 at 20:30, KFS said:

He did. I text my Saints supporting mate that if he could shoot he’d be Mahrez 2. He then scored a hattrick :ph34r: 

Thought knockart was better than mahrez for first season or so. He still has plenty of time to reach that level. Definitely has the potential

The problem is, if he performs well next season (hopefully in The Prem), he will probably get snapped up, especially if we come straight back down. 

Hopefully I'm wrong, as he is a breath of fresh air. 

We definitely have an obligation to buy that can't be broken, right? 

Can't wait to get a season or two out of him before he safeguards our future investment plans with an £80m move

Edited by Nalis

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

We definitely have an obligation to buy that can't be broken, right? 

Can't wait to get a season or two out of him before he safeguards our future investment plans with an £80m move

Probably pay 16m and sell him a day later for 35 to pay off a debt 🤣