Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

That obviously an impressive stat but it seems that more of those should’ve been converted. Is it a him thing or others? 

Bit of both, I'd expect that a good chunk of those are the cut in and in swinging crosses towards Mavididi who isn't a target man, and the reverse pass to Ndidi who isn't a goalscorer

Been overall excellent given lack of experience and age. Conversions from shooting will improve with time, he tends to lash shots wildly, but overall an exciting player. Hope we sign him up!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RGFox said:

Been overall excellent given lack of experience and age. Conversions from shooting will improve with time, he tends to lash shots wildly, but overall an exciting player. Hope we sign him up!

Came to say this.

He needs to work on his shooting, too much power and leaning back for me.

Still young and fixable 👍

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Lionator said:

That obviously an impressive stat but it seems that more of those should’ve been converted. Is it a him thing or others? 

It's not far off par, in the Championship about 40-45% of big chances are scored on average. So maybe an assist or two more would be fairer, but it's within the right ballpark.

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s so coachable and still produces a decent output, I’m convinced himself and mavididi just need a striker with better hold up play and they’ll look even better 

Hopefully Cannon gets more time with them next season because he can certainly do that.

Jamie had so much free space in the box yesterday it was untrue. One of them was going to find him eventually.

• Like 1

He’s seven years younger than Mavididi I believe. I think Stephy is banging his head on his own ceiling- ability wise but Abdul is only 19 and has shown glimpses that suggest he could be playing in a top league for the rest of his career.

43 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Will end up being sold for a big fee in a few years

Only just turned 20 and one of the best wingers in the Championship this season

Yep - I suspect lots of clubs will be looking at that 'chances created' stat and favouring him over other targets. His ceiling is very high.

He was ranked in the 2023 NXGN top youth players in the world. You can see why.

He’s been good all season. 

Tonight he went to another level. 

Well played Abdul Fatawu. :appl:

• Like 1