Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

Are people really slating Fats?  I thought he was one of the better players in the pitch today. Did some brilliant work. If it wasn’t for the fact Ndidi was dead on his feet some of his passes might have led to something sooner. 

• Like 3

If he spent as much time practicing his shoot as he does with his Hair Styles he'd be a fantastic winger.

Seriously,  He work rate is phenomenal though. And his chasing back to help out in defense is first rate.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Are people really slating Fats?  I thought he was one of the better players in the pitch today. Did some brilliant work. If it wasn’t for the fact Ndidi was dead on his feet some of his passes might have led to something sooner. 

Wilf was dead on his feet because of the passes 😂

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, MPH said:

Where were you when he was playing out of his skin, scoring wonder goals and earning rave reviews?

When was that? November?

• Like 1

Had a brick in his left boot 2nd half, cannot get the weight of pass right for love nor money. 

With the right coaching and buy in from his part he is set to become a top player but he's a long way to go.

His defensive work is exemplary though, which makes him such an important team player as the creative stuff is ticking over as well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, adam said:

When was that? November?

how about most of the season?

( as quoted above). He’s streets ahead of most wingers in this league.. and he’s only just turned 20..

A7D2F372-8EC3-40E4-AA05-4D935A06EAD6.png

Edited by MPH

Just now, Clever Fox said:

Yes I thought he might have been carrying an injury, Or else it was a hangover from the International Travelling.

he’s got to start thinking like a number 10 again lol

• Like 1

Yep, ndidi looked like he couldn't catch a cold when chasing two of those through balls. 

I wouldn't mind seeing mavididi in ndidis position and yunus on the left. I think mavi could be a gun in there. 

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Mavi KDH Yunus

Vardy

13 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Yep, ndidi looked like he couldn't catch a cold when chasing two of those through balls. 

I wouldn't mind seeing mavididi in ndidis position and yunus on the left. I think mavi could be a gun in there. 

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Mavi KDH Yunus

Vardy

Yes he looked terrible slow but the passes were so pathetic, A Schoolboy would pass it better.

Mav could certainly play the Wilf role especially against thight defences where his quick footwork would cause defenders problems.

We did try Yunus on the left and he was pretty much lost and hopeless there. But I don't see why we don't swap the wingers during games.

Fats would get a real chance to go outside on his left and Mav would be equally as good on the right.

I love the lad but he is developing a bit of a habit of having a poor second half. I thought Birmingham doubled up on him a lot today so he rarely had a chance to take a defender on, and his passing was poor. 

I think you have to accept rough spells with a young exciting player though.

Looked injured in the first half, was holding his left thigh for a while. 

thought he struggled but Brum stuck two defender on him in the second half, one to block the shot on his left and one to stop him driving to the byline

1 hour ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Looked injured in the first half, was holding his left thigh for a while. 

thought he struggled but Brum stuck two defender on him in the second half, one to block the shot on his left and one to stop him driving to the byline

yeah, a lot of people seem to have missed that you have to try through balls a lot more when you have two people marking you.

massive compliment though, isn’t it..

• Like 3

19 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Wilf looks very unfit, he made those passes look bad

Yes, Ndidi looks unfit given he's not played for months but those thru-balls were massively over hit, almost like clearances

Fats constantly cutting-in is our biggest source of possession turnover

Cutting-in wingers without overlapping fullbacks is odd tactic IMO (moreso when you don't mix it up). When you cut-in, you have the opposition fullback, winger, DM & CB all to beat

It’s great he’s come back into some serious form, the last 2 games and his cameo today he’s been back to his best after some flat, ineffective performances. He’ll undoubtedly start on Friday so here’s hoping he continues his recent resurgence! Was a real threat tonight 👏🏻