Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I tell you what's embarrassing. Arsenal levels of over-celebration when beating us,  declaring yourselves the best team in the league and finishing 3rd, saying the start of the season doesn't count because you signed our wingers about two days after we signed ours. 

Perhaps next time you'll have some humility when you win a single game, because clearly all you managed to do was turn around our "bottle job" by adding some motivation to the players. 

Yeah exactly, they’ve created their current horrendous situation themselves, throughout the season. Some clubs just can’t help themselves.  

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I tell you what's embarrassing. Arsenal levels of over-celebration when beating us,  declaring yourselves the best team in the league and finishing 3rd, saying the start of the season doesn't count because you signed our wingers about two days after we signed ours. 

Perhaps next time you'll have some humility when you win a single game, because clearly all you managed to do was turn around our "bottle job" by adding some motivation to the players. 

Them leeds fans cannot take it they are rattled 

• Like 1

Funny that they keep banging on about us 'almost' bottling a 17 point lead. 

Well...we simply...didn't? 

We won the title. We might finish above 3rd place, by 4-10 points? 

Also, had all games been played simultaneously we were never not top of the table in the final few months of the season, so...?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Only reason we had that lead in the first place was because they took 4 points from 15 in December where as we took 13 points from 15 which added on to their crap start

They just had their wobble before we did

It isn’t bottling it just “balanced out” both clubs having a poor period

Difference is they ended up shitting the bed when it really mattered and we didn’t!

I really hope we win and they lose on Saturday, so just like with Spurs, we finish 10+ points clear of the gobby lot who say they are coming for us and end up finishing 3rd

It's absolutely ridiculous this is getting an airing. I've been as critical as anyone but you really can't knock a side that's got nigh on 100 points. They've been saying all year its only our start that's been better than them.

I'd say normally our celebrations have been OTT but they've been more embarrassing than Spurs were.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Where is @Pub breath by the way?

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I assume trying to find a form table that shows Leeds are still better

5 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

image.thumb.png.f9791a450497c3e30507dbd3ba251ac9.png

In all seriousness though, if anyone's bottled it - it's Leeds - they did the double over us and Ipswich and very likely to finish behind both of us! 

Since they beat us 3-1 they've actually taken 2 points more than us, but they've had hugely costly inconsistency at key moments.

• Beat Ipswich 4-0 in Dec, then follow it up with defeats vs Preston and West Brom
  • Beat us 3-1, then draw with Huddersfield
  • 3 losses and only 1 win out of the previous 5 games right at the crunch and failing to capitalise on our double loss to Millwall and Plymouth
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

In all seriousness though, if anyone's bottled it - it's Leeds - they did the double over us and Ipswich and very likely to finish behind both of us! 

Since they beat us 3-1 they've actually taken 2 points more than us, but they've had hugely costly inconsistency at key moments.

• Beat Ipswich 4-0 in Dec, then follow it up with defeats vs Preston and West Brom
  • Beat us 3-1, then draw with Huddersfield
  • 3 losses and only 1 win out of the previous 5 games right at the crunch and failing to capitalise on our double loss to Millwall and Plymouth

I thought they were 6 points behind then are now 7 points behind so is that right?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I thought they were 6 points behind then are now 7 points behind so is that right?

image.png.2e84478364f0197f346bc458a67109d8.png

I was including the Leeds game - I've got 21 points for them, 19 for us

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Fairly put

I’m not sure why so many get wired by a tweet from some Leeds fan nonentity who is not representative of the club or fan base as a whole. Leeds are like pretty much any club, including us, in that they have their blinkered fans who engage in troll like behaviour but also more reasonable ones who take a more rational view of things 

Yep all fanbases have a mix, but for me certain clubs have a higher cretin ratio and Leeds are one of them...

13 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Just because we don't like Leeds United, it doesn't mean we have to rewrite history.

In the early 70's, they were the best/biggest team, and everyone wanted to beat them.

In terms of not winning enough, in fairness ... they did have some "bad luck".

Late in the 1970-71 season, there was a bad offside call that cost them v west brom, and which almost certainly cost them the title.

In 1971-72 they were forced to play their title decider away to wolves, just 2 days after the Cup Final.  Suffice to say, they lost 2-1.

They lost the 1973 Cup Final, hoorah, thanks to probably the best ever cup final double save by the Sunderland goalie Montgomery.

And in the 1975-75 European Cup final, they were deprived by some seriously dodgy refereeing.

I'm not bothered about Leeds one iota btw, just let's not reinvent history.

Better than the Kasper save??

the response of the players and club with leeds related stuff tells me that things went on that Friday evening that we don’t know about 

Players wouldn't usually keep going down the same road, day after day. It would surely be deemed unprofessional if there wasn’t more motivation than Rutter’s post match interview and Leeds playing their usual post match songs 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

In the early 70's, they were the best/biggest/Dirtiest team, and everyone wanted to beat them.

You missed out dirtiest.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the response of the players and club with leeds related stuff tells me that things went on that Friday evening that we don’t know about 

Players wouldn't usually keep going down the same road, day after day. It would surely be deemed unprofessional if there wasn’t more motivation than Rutter’s post match interview and Leeds playing their usual post match songs 

They got played off the pitch I think was the issue. They got the 3 points but were humbled in every other way.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, kenny said:

They got played off the pitch I think was the issue. They got the 3 points but were humbled in every other way.

That happens 

you lose games where you’ve dominated 

I just think that the response of the club since last Friday indicates that Leeds players did stuff post match which really got under our skin. Otherwise it’s way over the top imo

its fine for fans to do this but players and the club would usually be more professional 

Edited by st albans fox

on Leeds, I find it quite ironic they did the same thing to Thomas Frank and Brentford the year they went up from the championship, or do they forget about that?

they can give it but boy they dont like to take it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That happens 

you lose games where you’ve dominated 

I just think that the response of the club since last Friday indicates that Leeds players did stuff post match which really got under our skin. Otherwise it’s way over the top imo

its fine for fans to do this but players and the club would usually be more professional 

I think the media response to Leeds has perhaps got under own skin. Its clear we have dominated the league yet Leeds have received more plaudits throughout.

Lets keep laughing at them.

They can laugh at us next year when we start with -6 points.

• Like 1