Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They were a big club in the 70s, but to think every single club's fans will look for Leeds now when the fixtures come out, is a special delusion of its own.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

Ahhh no. Is that rotter at Leicester fan??

Yes, he regularly refers to the fact. Keeps us in the spotlight I suppose.

What he got wrong in the clip is that the shirt he is wearing is last year's rather than "I've even got the latest shirt" - so questionable credentials for a fan.

2 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

They were a big club in the 70s, but to think every single club's fans will look for Leeds now when the fixtures come out, is a special delusion of its own.

You know, they weren't really a big club. The Revie Years (1961-74) were their years of greatest success, but although they won the league and the FA Cup, they were runners up or beaten finalists many more times. From their Wikipedia entry, "In his 13 years in charge, Revie guided Leeds to two Football League First Division titles, one FA Cup, one League Cup, two Inter-Cities Fairs Cups, one Football League Second Division title and one Charity Shield. He also guided them to three more FA Cup Finals, two more FA Cup Semi-finals, one more Inter-Cities Fairs Cup Final and one Inter-Cities Fairs Cup Semi-final, one European Cup Winners' Cup Final and one European Cup Semi-final. The team also finished second in the Football League First Division five times, third once and fourth twice. They were a nearly club, even during the Revie years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I’ve never looked for the Leeds fixture ever. To be honest if we had them say Boxing Day or New Years Day it would be a disappointment. Loads of noise from them but they’ve largely been irrelevant for 20 years plus. 

Course you haven’t. None of us have. They’re irrelevant 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MattFox said:

They were averaging 23k before Bielsa turned up in a bigger stadium than us

Their core support isn’t that big in the grand scheme of things.

Villa, Everton, Newcastle etc are probably slightly ahead of them

The massive away support culture is what makes them stand out 

Wouldn't say their atmosphere is that good either.

Other than the last 10 minutes at their place it was dire. Every time I've been there the same. 

Singing WACCOE to try and save face. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Leeds play on being a “big club” yet I’m sure have only won one more major trophy than us, and the same number top flight titles as their smaller neighbours Huddersfield.

People call Forest out for living in the past but Leeds do exactly the same. Sing about a trophy they never even won, which is more embarrassing than anything else.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Leeds play on being a “big club” yet I’m sure have only won one more major trophy than us, and the same number top flight titles as their smaller neighbours Huddersfield.

People call Forest out for living in the past but Leeds do exactly the same. Sing about a trophy they never even won, which is more embarrassing than anything else.

Yeah they are a absolute joke 

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Course you haven’t. None of us have. They’re irrelevant 

Tbf I have but only because working in Leeds it's my local one and I need to work out where I need an afternoon off to go out pre match. But I don't think that qualifies them as being a big game

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We have 5 major honours and they have 5 (not counting the inter fairs)

Although they have 3 titles and two cups and we have 4 cups and 1 title

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Leeds fans have achieved the impossible and made Forest fans sound humble, well-balanced and capable of taking banter on the chin. They deserve a trophy for that alone.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

Yes, he regularly refers to the fact. Keeps us in the spotlight I suppose.

What he got wrong in the clip is that the shirt he is wearing is last year's rather than "I've even got the latest shirt" - so questionable credentials for a fan.

Having the latest shirt is plastic behaviour though.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

You know, they weren't really a big club. The Revie Years (1961-74) were their years of greatest success, but although they won the league and the FA Cup, they were runners up or beaten finalists many more times. From their Wikipedia entry, "In his 13 years in charge, Revie guided Leeds to two Football League First Division titles, one FA Cup, one League Cup, two Inter-Cities Fairs Cups, one Football League Second Division title and one Charity Shield. He also guided them to three more FA Cup Finals, two more FA Cup Semi-finals, one more Inter-Cities Fairs Cup Final and one Inter-Cities Fairs Cup Semi-final, one European Cup Winners' Cup Final and one European Cup Semi-final. The team also finished second in the Football League First Division five times, third once and fourth twice. They were a nearly club, even during the Revie years.

I think it is fair to say Leeds won or challenged closely for major honours in the Revie years and won the League again in 1992.  Of course most of their fans under 40 will not remember. We can be proud of our own achievements particularly in the last ten years.

I’ve spent the day getting more and more provocative on social media comment sections baiting Leeds fans out. They are genuinely deluded, like actually need help lol