Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Were we ever more than three points behind first place with the same number of games played ? 
did we only lose top spot on the basis that the soton game was postponed??

I don't think we were ever not top, had all games been played simultaneously...

• Thanks 1

On 28/04/2024 at 21:07, Finn Claw II said:

If cheating means signing Soumane for £17m,  Preat for £15m,  Daka for £23m etc etc then guilty as charged.

Overspending on bad players is just bad financial management rather than cheating.

If anything it’s like playing a easy game on extreme!

29 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Spurs managed to bottle an FA Cup semi final in the season that Wembley was their home ground. Absolute masters of the art.

Forgot about that lol.

They were afforded privileges other clubs can only dream of - the income of 80-90k fans attending matches in the league and Europe for TWO SEASONS. And still achieved **** all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Spurs are the type of club who could get relegated and finish 2nd. Missing out on both the title and the promotion playoff celebration win at wembley.

They sort of did ... ok admittedly before playoffs came in.

They were relegated in 1976-77.    In 1977-78 they finished 3rd behind Bolton Wanderers and Southampton, and only just scraped promotion above Brighton on goal difference.

25 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

Feels like every time you see a Leeds fan talk about the lead we almost bottled. the number goes up, I've seen it as high as 20 points.

That only if you include the part of the season that they think should be included. Season only started late August or some sh1te. 

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

That only if you include the part of the season that they think should be included. Season only started late August or some sh1te. 

lol 

Yes, saw a leeds fan complaining the other day that we haven’t been top of the form charts since game 9 lol  

I reckon they must of been using one and two game form guides at times. 

Thing is it’s the 46 game form that counts at the end of the season. (48 when they get knocked out the play offs:fc:

It wouldn’t surprise me to see them using the play off matches to claim they had more points than us lol 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

lol 

Yes, saw a leeds fan complaining the other day that we haven’t been top of the form charts since game 9 lol  

I reckon they must of been using one and two game form guides at times. 

Thing is it’s the 46 game form that counts at the end of the season. (48 when they get knocked out the play offs:fc:

It wouldn’t surprise me to see them using the play off matches to claim they had more points than us lol 

Thing is, they've not been on form in the last 10 games either

image.png.41a88005f1bf9f6a566021b17386c453.png

So I presume that we are only allowed to use a 25 game run when they were awesome?

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

lol

Yet twice they’ve bottled the opportunity to take over us and we could still finish 10 points above them lol 

Yep, and when it was the 17 behind they had two games in hand so if we did finish 10 points above them they’d have only really made up one point in the second half of the season.

Imagine if we did finish 10 points above them and the EFL bring in a 10 point deduction and we still go up on goal difference.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Had no idea Ferrari was a supporter. Ruined my day, that. 

Aside from Lineker, who - I don't care what you say - is amazing for the club, we must have some of the worst "celebrity" supporters. 

Having been a Leicester City fan for 50 plus years, I've supported Gary Lineker since 1978. And while I question his interpretation of history, I support him now. The BBC has gone nuts. #motd NF

Guest leatherhead32
22 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Having Roy Cropper as a celebrity fan is nothing to be ashamed of

its how he rolls:)sorry.   was his wife haley a fan and then became a forest fan or was she a ram then a fox?:unsure:

23 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Spurs are the type of club who could get relegated and finish 2nd. Missing out on both the title and the promotion playoff celebration win at wembley.

Yep, couldn’t even adorn their ground with “Playoff Champions” like Forest have. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Had no idea Ferrari was a supporter. Ruined my day, that. 

Aside from Lineker, who - I don't care what you say - is amazing for the club, we must have some of the worst "celebrity" supporters. 

Bin Laden was an Arsenal fan allegedly.

Didn't Adolf visit Liverpool at some point?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Bin Laden was an Arsenal fan allegedly.

Didn't Adolf visit Liverpool at some point?

Hiter's half brother moved to Liverpool before WW2, his nephew emigrated to the states and fought for them in WW2

Edited by Jimmy

5 hours ago, Nobbyburton said:

Feels like every time you see a Leeds fan talk about the lead we almost bottled. the number goes up, I've seen it as high as 20 points.

Aficionados of the same Ministry of Truth as Dele Alli, Eric Dier etc.