Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

57 minutes ago, Shane said:

do any of the scouts on foxestalk have a list of box to box midfielders we could sign to compete with mcateer/kdh/ndidi? think these workhorses are crucial to our playstyle.

alves/akgun can provide an alternative option in midfield.

Seko Fofana is the ultimate box to box midfielder for an ambitious PL club. His Saudi club are trying to move him on, he'd be incredible, ticks all the boxes and very experienced.

Adem Zorgane from Charleroi is another one who's impressed me (more so last season than this season) but has the required attributes for the role.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

You're clearly an expert with inside knowledge. Enzo seems to rate Mcateer, he must be wrong then. Albrighton definitely not being offered another year and Akgun not being bought. Can you tell us the names of the couple of Premiership ready wingers you've got lined up, what you're paying for them and their wages? Just happy it's FFP compliant. 

Can see Akgun getting bought just not to play RW. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shane said:

do any of the scouts on foxestalk have a list of box to box midfielders we could sign to compete with mcateer/kdh/ndidi? think these workhorses are crucial to our playstyle.

Been really impressed with Neil El Aynaoui of Lens lately.

Also a Wasserman client and we love dealing with them lol 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Hes not got a year left though.

He's under contract till 2027 with an option for a further year . No way does he go that cheap. £12-15 minimum I would say If and that's if they are prepared to sell. 

I was referring to Tommy rather than Callum. From what I've seen online, Tommy's contract is up in 2025 (unless he's renewed and I can't see that anywhere) and Callum's in 2027 :thumbup:

Also, even with only a year and a bit left, I would think £4m-£5m for Tommy would be a bit mad, as I said in my previous post. But it is what I heard somewhere, however accurate or outlandish it may be.

Edited by ALC Fox

45 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I was referring to Tommy rather than Callum. From what I've seen online, Tommy's contract is up in 2025 (unless he's renewed and I can't see that anywhere) and Callum's in 2027 :thumbup:

Also, even with only a year and a bit left, I would think £4m-£5m for Tommy would be a bit mad, as I said in my previous post. But it is what I heard somewhere, however accurate or outlandish it may be.

My bad I didn't realise you ment Tommy. 

If I remember right Wolves have an option to buy for £4m so doubt we would get him S Wolves will almost certainly snap him up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Seko Fofana is the ultimate box to box midfielder for an ambitious PL club. His Saudi club are trying to move him on, he'd be incredible, ticks all the boxes and very experienced.

Adem Zorgane from Charleroi is another one who's impressed me (more so last season than this season) but has the required attributes for the role.

Another fofana back at the club Rick?

the thought gives me shivers lol

we’ve only just got rid of the ghost of the last one!

19 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

You're clearly an expert with inside knowledge. Enzo seems to rate Mcateer, he must be wrong then. Albrighton definitely not being offered another year and Akgun not being bought. Can you tell us the names of the couple of Premiership ready wingers you've got lined up, what you're paying for them and their wages? Just happy it's FFP compliant. 

Alright smart arse... 

Mcateer played as an 8 last time out, and has been poor on the wing since his injury. Do you really think he's ready to be a premier league winger? 

Akgun has played mostly as an 8 also. 

I'll happily make a bet with you that Marc doesn't get a new contract.

Forums are for opinions mate, Where's the claim that I'm in the know? If you think our current wide options are prem ready , good for you. I don't think we've got the cover. No need to get arsey 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ronnup said:

Alright smart arse... 

Mcateer played as an 8 last time out, and has been poor on the wing since his injury. Do you really think he's ready to be a premier league winger? 

Akgun has played mostly as an 8 also. 

I'll happily make a bet with you that Marc doesn't get a new contract.

Forums are for opinions mate, Where's the claim that I'm in the know? If you think our current wide options are prem ready , good for you. I don't think we've got the cover. No need to get arsey 

I think you'll find that it was yourself that started with the insults if you care to track back!

By calling someone 'Bonkers' whether or not you agree with their opinion is being 'arsey' as you put it and suggests a 'know it all tone'.

22 hours ago, Shane said:

Lewis Ferguson from Bologna is my shout.

26 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Worrying times if we go up and can’t spend that! 

It's more that if he doesnt work out we cant sell him. Most of our 20 mil+ purchases have been failures that we've been lumbered with. At least with 10 mil players you can offload them easier as midtable Pl, Serie A, Bundesliga, La liga clubs etc can afford them.

55 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

It's more that if he doesnt work out we cant sell him. Most of our 20 mil+ purchases have been failures that we've been lumbered with. At least with 10 mil players you can offload them easier as midtable Pl, Serie A, Bundesliga, La liga clubs etc can afford them.

Agreed, it would be risky. Rodgers spent awfully bad tho so hopefully if enzo does get the backing I’m sure he will pick the right players for our club. 

We need to go back to the buy low and sell high strategy - especially with new profitability rules.

can see us going for £10-£15m players with room to improve and sell on. Bargains out there outside of the UK as we would have had multiple opportunities to scout within the championship. 

• Like 1

On 07/02/2024 at 01:01, volpeazzurro said:

I think you'll find that it was yourself that started with the insults if you care to track back!

By calling someone 'Bonkers' whether or not you agree with their opinion is being 'arsey' as you put it and suggests a 'know it all tone'.

I despair...

13 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Will cost far more than we'll be paying.

You may be right, they'd likely want 20+, and with Zirkzee and Calafiori (I'd love him at Leicester as a Doyle style LCB) likely leaving, they won't need to sell