Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LFox99

Moderation of this Forum

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

its quite evident that dog = right as they are subservient little attention seekers, who, if let off their chain can destroy the joint.
As opposed to cats = left as they are independent thinkers who stick to their own opinions 

just kidding... actually cats are clearly rw as they will happily burn your house to the ground rather than listen to common sense lol  Meanwhile dogs are lw who will run around jumping and dancing while the house burns lol  

Dogs would call 999, cats would pop to the 24hr to buy more petrol. It’s insane to insinuate that cats are anything other than complete shits. 

Wasps > malarial mosquitos > cats

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I don't even get why people like arguing over politics online, nobody ever changes their mind. 

More so, you don't want them to change their mind. People start believing some dude on an online football forum talking about social inequality or the rights and wrongs of Brexit...next step they're believing vaccines aren't real on an online Taylor Swift forum. Don't believe anything you read on social media.

Otherwise, this thread has been an entertaining read!!

7 hours ago, Daggers said:

Dogs would call 999, cats would pop to the 24hr to buy more petrol. It’s insane to insinuate that cats are anything other than complete shits. 

Wasps > malarial mosquitos > cats

Cats are complete shits hence why they're 💯 acab

15 hours ago, bovril said:

Because we can't do it in person. I have a theory that the hyper-toxicity of Anglosphere online discourse is partially due to the fact people in our culture try very hard to avoid conflict in person, and will often avoid controversial topics. Twitter at al are relief valves. 

Are foreign languages speaker less toxic? You’ll know more than I do but anecdotally I’ve seen some venomous non-English tweets on Twitter 

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

Are foreign languages speaker less toxic? You’ll know more than I do but anecdotally I’ve seen some venomous non-English tweets on Twitter 

Tbh I have no idea I'm just doing the 'why are Anglophones like this?' thing without actually having any evidence they are.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Turkish and Serbian social media in particular is... something else 

Many years ago I was playing Guild Wars (an MMORPG for those who don't know, I'm sure Finners does (nerd!)) and found myself in a team with Bosnians who found out that other members of the team were Serbians.

What happened there after, with me trying to be Henry Kissinger, well.... Vitriol x infinity.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Many years ago I was playing Guild Wars (an MMORPG for those who don't know, I'm sure Finners does (nerd!)) and found myself in a team with Bosnians who found out that other members of the team were Serbians.

What happened there after, with me trying to be Henry Kissinger, well.... Vitriol x infinity.

1tcg.gif

I'm realising I'm rather better behaved, relatively speaking, than those who would whinge and moan and WUM.

One thing - those that got banned/restricted for being anti-BR.... I highly doubt it was the viewpoint that did it, more likely the somewhat direct and repetitive nature of the posts.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm realising I'm rather better behaved, relatively speaking, than those who would whinge and moan and WUM.

One thing - those that got banned/restricted for being anti-BR.... I highly doubt it was the viewpoint that did it, more likely the somewhat direct and repetitive nature of the posts.

Your biggest problem, by far, is you just can't stop making comments ranging from what you seem to think are "subtle" passive aggressive digs to just outright moaning about moderation and the running of this site. 

Like, the smart thing for you to do would just be to swerve this thread entirely and keep your head down. 

@Daggers spoke earlier in the thread about the subconscious vicious cycle where some people just kinda get stuck in your line of sight when you're a mod, like their behavior has historically been annoying so you end up on a higher alert just looking out for their transgressions and end up picking on them more than other people out of an unaware bias.

You've had so many pointless moans about how unfairly you're treated that it's just going to be self perpetuating. But you've got such a massive persecution complex and no apparent self awareness so you literally don't seem to be able to stop yourself doing it. 

You're not as bad as TPH but I'd say you are comfortably the second worst person on FT for just needlessly drawing attention to yourself from the mods and Mark. 

If you just shut the fvck up about them, ignored them, got on with just posting like a normal human being you'd be fine. Your average contribution is great, you're obviously a smart enough guy with some interesting opinions but you just go completely off the rails in to weirdsville over such basic forum drama that it's just easy to ignore. 

Like that shit with Wymsey reporting you. Could have just laughed or tutted and shrugged it off. You turned it into a bigger saga than anything George Lucas could ever write. Own worst enemy man. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Your biggest problem, by far, is you just can't stop making comments ranging from what you seem to think are "subtle" passive aggressive digs to just outright moaning about moderation and the running of this site. 

Like, the smart thing for you to do would just be to swerve this thread entirely and keep your head down. 

@Daggers spoke earlier in the thread about the subconscious vicious cycle where some people just kinda get stuck in your line of sight when you're a mod, like their behavior has historically been annoying so you end up on a higher alert just looking out for their transgressions and end up picking on them more than other people out of an unaware bias.

You've had so many pointless moans about how unfairly you're treated that it's just going to be self perpetuating. But you've got such a massive persecution complex and no apparent self awareness so you literally don't seem to be able to stop yourself doing it. 

You're not as bad as TPH but I'd say you are comfortably the second worst person on FT for just needlessly drawing attention to yourself from the mods and Mark. 

If you just shut the fvck up about them, ignored them, got on with just posting like a normal human being you'd be fine. Your average contribution is great, you're obviously a smart enough guy with some interesting opinions but you just go completely off the rails in to weirdsville over such basic forum drama that it's just easy to ignore. 

Like that shit with Wymsey reporting you. Could have just laughed or tutted and shrugged it off. You turned it into a bigger saga than anything George Lucas could ever write. Own worst enemy man.

I'm not going to attack you back, but this is both unwarranted and inaccurate. Nor am I going to lecture you on how or the frequency with which you post. I suggest you leave me to sort out my own life and you do the same. 

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I was going to start a Not Been Banned Yet thread for the good guys and gals (and others) of this forum but then realised that I might get banned for doing so :)

Do it!

DO IT!

DO IT!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not going to attack you back, but this is both unwarranted and inaccurate. Nor am I going to lecture you on how or the frequency with which you post. I suggest you leave me to sort out my own life and you do the same. 

Wifh all respect, can't help but think that this response is a bit patronising - no?

Edited by Wymsey

6 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Wifh all respect, can't help but think that this response is a bit patronising - no?

Quite a reasonable and measured response to a frankly unpleasant attack on a fellow poster tbh.

I’ve got no beef with you Peaky but in the context of the level of your complaints about how this forum is moderated your earlier post in a different thread did strike me as being somewhat ironic 

On 01/11/2023 at 20:19, HighPeakFox said:

People getting triggered by social media. No different to people getting triggered by TV programmes back in the day. 

Don't like it? Turn it off or look elsewhere. 

• Like 1