Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LFox99

Moderation of this Forum

It doesn’t even have to be about politics. I lost count of the amount of times I was banned for having negative views on Brendan Rodgers a couple of years ago, up and until probably February this year. 

I’m still on a 10 post a day limit even now 

Unsure whether Mark feels silly or not for it, given what the bloke did to this club. But the moderation is OTT in other topics to politics that ARE directly related to a LCFC forum.

I’ll add I had many messages from other members stating the same has happened to them too regarding their stance on our manager at the time.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I was a moderator of the Leicester section on an all teams football forum when I was a teenager and so naturally people would post on oppositon pages before and after matches. I cant remember if it was the 0-5 or draw against 9 men against Bolton but because I was pissed off with the result I blatantly edited their reasonable / banter posts labelling it as abuse (I didnt have the power to delete or ban) purely out of petulance.

Cue just about every Bolton fan on the Internet at the time flooding the Leicester board with crap. Ended up as the one of biggest boards outside Man Utd and Liverpool for about a week. 

What a complete shit I was lol

This right here is the sort of person that usually wants to be a mod. lol

This is what the poor admins have got support. 

4 hours ago, LFox99 said:

I was wondering whether, at some point, we'll get some "official" word from the admins and moderators on here regarding what is and what isn't allowed to be discussed in regards to the situation in the middle east and events connected to it. 

We had a Israel/Palestine thread that got locked multiple times, during which period loads of comments were deleted before it was re-opened, now we've got Hamza and his antics on social media being discussed only for a thread about that to disappear and his player thread being locked as well. 

A tiny bit of transparency regarding the issue would be great because from my POV and probably others' as well it doesn't help the discourse 

Mark has stated Chatshitgetbanged

What I don't understand is...

I've said some controversial stuff on here, I've had the occasional post deleted and a couple of threads too.

But I've never been banned, not even a single warning point.

What am i doing wrong?

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm a raging nerd and have been a bit of a forum addict most of my life. 

When I was in my mid and late teens, a friend and I set up a "zero moderation" message board for an online game we played and it's community. It got pretty big within the context of what was a fairly niche game and then it got notorious af. It was drama central. 

People just cannot behave themselves. We let everything go and we got flamed to hell any time we dared lock or delete anything because it was completely against the wild west attitude of the board. It was, in hindsight, one of the most unhealthy and toxic spaces I've ever seen on the internet, it was carnage lol

Left to their own devices, the anonymity of the internet turns almost everyone in to a complete cvnt eventually. It's lord of the flies with even less consequences.

I'm genuinely bored of hearing people trying to convince Mark every couple of weeks to allow conversations about this or that particularly hot topic. Because invariably he does because as much as a lot of you like to stereotype him as some sort of authoritarian ego tripping fascist, he's actually the opposite. Mark is a ridiculously sweet and helpful human being who just wants you all to enjoy this place without getting him sued for posting libelous or offensive shit or having the limited advertising revenue pulled because of the amount of abuse on here. 

And every single time he goes "oh alright then, talk about it but just keep it in this space and keep it civil" eventually someone whips their dick out and pisses all over everyone. And then you'll get "oh but Mark most of us were just chatting and being reasonable don't let one or two ruin it sadfaceemoji" like it's the admins that are the arseholes.

Take it from someone that used to moderate this place (lol I know right), it's fvcking exhausting. You're not paid for this shit and all you get all day is just spammed with constant DMs from people who take the internet too seriously (and jesus god you realise just how many of them there are, I promise you you don't understand until you do it) coming snitching to you crying because someone disagreed with them. Until your inbox is full. 

And so to make it worse, the only people left that want to actually be mods are exactly the sort of people that shouldn't be allowed to be. Nobody with a brain wants to try and police you ungrateful, unruly lot. 

So honestly, I don't think you're owed any more transparency. Frankly, I find it pretty obvious why stuff gets deleted and locked. 90% of the time you know exactly why before you go running off to Suggestions & Help to passive aggressively ask. 

Go on... what game / forum?

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I've said some controversial stuff on here, I've had the occasional post deleted and a couple of threads too.

What am i doing wrong?

I once got banned for calling GingerFox a coppernob but that’s it…

• Haha 1

I'm as disappointed as the next guy when a discussion about some issue, be it politics or anything else gets closed down, and sometimes I'll agree with that decision and sometimes I won't.

I don't moan about it though because ultimately I would feel like that lad I saw kicking off once because they wouldn't let him into the Highcross shopping centre without a top on. You get so used to going into and using a space that you take that freedom for granted, and only occasionally are reminded that there are rules associated with it, and as you don't make those rules as that space isn't yours, you just have to accept them

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm as disappointed as the next guy when a discussion about some issue, be it politics or anything else gets closed down, and sometimes I'll agree with that decision and sometimes I won't.

I don't moan about it though because ultimately I would feel like that lad I saw kicking off once because they wouldn't let him into the Highcross shopping centre without a top on. You get so used to going into and using a space that you take that freedom for granted, and only occasionally are reminded that there are rules associated with it, and as you don't make those rules as that space isn't yours, you just have to accept them

Nobody is going to stop me posting while in the nude

12 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

What am i doing wrong?

MODS- HAVE HIM!!!!

20 hours ago, Daggers said:

You have their political allegiances confused. Dogs > cats.

its quite evident that dog = right as they are subservient little attention seekers, who, if let off their chain can destroy the joint.
As opposed to cats = left as they are independent thinkers who stick to their own opinions 

just kidding... actually cats are clearly rw as they will happily burn your house to the ground rather than listen to common sense lol  Meanwhile dogs are lw who will run around jumping and dancing while the house burns lol  

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

I don't even get why people like arguing over politics online, nobody ever changes their mind. 

Because we can't do it in person. I have a theory that the hyper-toxicity of Anglosphere online discourse is partially due to the fact people in our culture try very hard to avoid conflict in person, and will often avoid controversial topics. Twitter at al are relief valves. 

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Because we can't do it in person. I have a theory that the hyper-toxicity of Anglosphere online discourse is partially due to the fact people in our culture try very hard to avoid conflict in person, and will often avoid controversial topics. Twitter at al are relief valves. 

My own experience with folks from the UK attests to this too. Or when there is conflict, it goes from 0 to 100 in a second and ends in a punchup rather than a debate.

20 minutes ago, bovril said:

The septics disprove your theory though don't they. 

They're massive gob shites on and offline. 

23 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I don't even get why people like arguing over politics online, nobody ever changes their mind. 

I don’t think people enjoy it, other than trolls. It’s more that people let go far more online than they do in person and then other people feel they can’t let that opinion go unchallenged.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The septics disprove your theory though don't they. 

They're massive gob shites on and offline. 

I think it’s true that the worst people have a captive audience online, or at least people who wade in and see their past comment as if it’s fresh and react to it that way. Everything’s fresh and sharp.

We can’t really handle social media well as a species. It may be unpopular to say but I do wonder whether some of the more autocratic countries in the world have a point in locking it down more, albeit for more nefarious reasons.