Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

15 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Better for us.

But I think they will.

Probably will be. Well it’s probably ok for us either way. Luton are making a strong go of it (yesterday aside) but if they stay up, reek of a second season syndrome side (and not the second season syndrome where you win the league 5000/1)! So the league would be weaker in that respect. But you cannot deny it would help us having Forest and/or Everton starting on -points next season.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

Taking away Forest’s argument about Brennan Johnson which I think is a red herring, is Forest’s breach the same as Everton ie worthy of a 10 point deduction?

It'll be interesting to see if any breach is the same punishment or just how much you push it. If so then standard -10. I don't think they should lower Everton's on appeal or no one will ever take the -10 seriously when they get it, or we'll have relegation fights not knowing the real outcome until some blokes in a room have decided a punishment. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

It'll be interesting to see if any breach is the same punishment or just how much you push it. If so then standard -10. I don't think they should lower Everton's on appeal or no one will ever take the -10 seriously when they get it, or we'll have relegation fights not knowing the real outcome until some blokes in a room have decided a punishment. 

Unless it is fast tracked, if Everton and Forest lose points and appeal then it will go beyond the end of the season so we’ll still have a relegation fight awaiting decisions regardless of whether appeals should be successful. Maybe points deductions will be given for next season to stop it getting messy but this doesn’t seem right.

How much skullduggery are the prem willing to get up to? Can they announce the points deduction like a few days before the official allocation of division placement  based on promotion and relegation thus denying them the chance to appeal?

I know it won’t happen. But that would be fantastic!

23 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

Taking away Forest’s argument about Brennan Johnson which I think is a red herring, is Forest’s breach the same as Everton ie worthy of a 10 point deduction?

Telling you now Florist will get away with it. Their lawyers are already stalling it that much that here is no way it will be deducted this season.  Sneaky tactics. And their fans will create another piss taking chant mocking it.

They will probably get away with a points deduction full stop and the Premier league will never deduct more points from Everton this season also.

Edited by Trent Steel

On 14/02/2024 at 08:54, urban.spaceman said:

Carragher suggesting the appeal result announcement is being delayed till after Everton's home game on Monday to avoid a reaction to the Premier League.

This suggests a negative result of the appeal for Everton..

I really hope Forest do get punished, because the Johnson argument is complete nonsense…. Everyone is in the same boat, so why should they be given preferential treatment? 

Luckily, I think Forest will **** themselves…. There’s no real long term plan at the club other than needlessly spending money (mostly on crap) with no sale on fees, so in a season or two they will end up in a worse position than we did, with worse players…… so eventually their ridiculous spending will do their legs. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I really hope Forest do get punished, because the Johnson argument is complete nonsense…. Everyone is in the same boat, so why should they be given preferential treatment? 

Luckily, I think Forest will **** themselves…. There’s no real long term plan at the club other than needlessly spending money (mostly on crap) with no sale on fees, so in a season or two they will end up in a worse position than we did, with worse players…… so eventually their ridiculous spending will do their legs. 

They are QPR under Tony F and ‘Arry

20 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

I hope so but will believe it when I see it.... if it is true then i dont think it will be until next season

Win win for us either way. 

Either they get relegated this year and it's hilarious waving at them on the way past as we take their spot or they have a significant points deduction next year when we're in the Prem. 

I guess only issue with it being this year is the risk that they still survive. Especially if Everton get another deduction. 

So tbh I might really lean on the side of its better if they DO get it next season, unless Everton get away with it which I doubt. 

Sticking this in here because it's vaguely FFP related:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68361025

Club with the most expensively assembled squad of all time, who gets 100 million per season just from Adidas, who tried to destroy the entirety of English football with their super league shenanigans and got off Scot free, would like the taxpayer to pay for a new stadium to further increase their ill gotten gains. Scumbags. Real financial fair play would be stopping these pricks from spending anything, that club is a malign presence that corrupts everything in top flight football. Can we have a new stadium expansion on the taxpayer to compete with them? Of course fecking not.

• Like 1