Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

The “No, this is the management structure diagram of the club” debate is probably my favourite thing on Foxestalk since “No, this is how you apply for a job with the NHS”.

I think it’s brilliant we have so many knowledgeable and passionate members on the forum. The rest of us are so lucky. 

18 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Here's Rudkin valuing a horse in one of his other side hustles for Top.

Screenshot_20240206_051051_Facebook.jpg

I imagine it went much the same for the Foxes. He sits Islam Slimani down, softly strokes his forehead, before turning to Claudio and dryly stating '30 million'.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

You see, it's shit like this that makes me think what's the point. Do you even bother to read the posts? I've said god knows how many times, that Rudkin is clearly going to take a portion of the blame. I've said numerous times in the last two pages, I think he's culpable for appointing a poor head of recruitment (a huge problem as most of the others stem from it). I've said times over the years, I believe there has, at times, been a serious lack of forwarding planning, amongst numerous other things. 

Just because I don't join in with the sad little bandwagon of trying to put the blame at one man's feet, doesn't mean I like him, or that he's good at his job. 

So on your analysis of his contributions, would you as Owner of LCFC continue to employ him, or would you look to find someone new?   Just interested after looking through the points you make - wrong appointment in the recruitment Dept./. Lack of forward planning etc.  

46 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

So on your analysis of his contributions, would you as Owner of LCFC continue to employ him, or would you look to find someone new?   Just interested after looking through the points you make - wrong appointment in the recruitment Dept./. Lack of forward planning etc.  

you’re slinging a dead horse mate. Of course someone on here would have to be close to rudkin, it’s evident this individual has some sort of connection.

Theres no logical explanation for why anyone would look at the state of our affairs and find a way to take the blame away from the ‘Director of football’. The position that everyone in the game deems the most important role at a club. 

Others are culpable but if you removed rudkin from his role things would improve drastically. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

you’re slinging a dead horse mate. Of course someone on here would have to be close to rudkin, it’s evident this individual has some sort of connection.

Theres no logical explanation for why anyone would look at the state of our affairs and find a way to take the blame away from the ‘Director of football’. The position that everyone in the game deems the most important role at a club. 

Others are culpable but if you removed rudkin from his role things would improve drastically. 

I know you are right. I will stick my neck back in.  To be fair I would also defend a very close relative in this same situation.

9 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Can we please request Babble-on to guest on BSLB, as there are likely many on FT that are doubtless interested into the reasons for his continued support of Rudkin.  I think this would raise listening numbers by a large chunk.

To understand how a DoF is not in any way responsible for football matters at our Club is a mystery to many.  So any explanation would by eye-opening.

8 hours ago, 1972 Fox said:

I think it's fair to say that @Babylon does not like to admit that he could be wrong and it's quite clear that he always likes to have the last word in any debate/argument.

He is entrenched with his opinions in defending Rudkin and it's doubtful that he will concede any ground.

to be fair to Babylon, he’s always been someone to look at something subjectively and you shouldn’t mistake his lack of condemnation as agreeing to someone or something. 

26 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Pretty sure that's contestable. Some would say the CEO, Board and Chairman are more important/influential...

• Like 1

Everyone's lost any attempt at nuance.

Is Rudkin highly influential at the club? Yes

Are there other people at the club who are above him in the hierarchy? Yes

It's possible to think that Rudkin has been highly influential across a period where the club has made a lot of successes and failures but that also there are other people high in the club's hierarchy that are perhaps equally to blame/influential...

Saying all that doesn't mean you think Rudkin is totally blameless or the best thing since sliced bread

• Like 2

No one ever wins these disputes

425727831_705105818445352_76977999360753

On April 6, 1893, the longest boxing fight in history took place. The match lasted 110 rounds! It was between Andy Bowen and Jack Burke and ended up being a draw...

Will this one go on longer?

• Like 1

For any football finance geeks like myself, if you are interested in FFP and the business side of the game then I can whole heartedly recommend listening to the price of football podcast, it is released twice a week and covers all aspects of football finance and right across the football spectrum. 

The latest episode is an interesting one as it focuses on the possible revision of the current FFP rules. 

@Ric Flair @BSLBPod - would be great to have a Leicester City FFP special on the pod at some point, if you could get Kieran McGuire on as a guest he is very knowledgable around this subject and monitors all clubs so has a good understanding of each clubs current accounting position, compliance and challenges. 

On 06/02/2024 at 04:39, Sly said:

Nope:

List of our finishes when they “apparently” broke the rules. 

2009/10 - Championship - 5th

2010/11 - Championship - 10th

2011/12 - Championship - 9th

2012/13 - Championship - 6th

2013/14 - Championship - 1st

2014/15 - Premier League - 14th

2015/16 - Premier League - 1st

2016/17 - Premier League - 12th

2017/18 - Premier League - 9th

In reality, it’s hardly made a massive impact on us! 

During that time, we played them

FA Cup - Twice, drawing and then losing the replay.

League Cup - Twice, losing both (one on penalties)

League - Eight times, Won two, Drawn one, lost five. 

6 years later and its still nowhere, wow.

On 06/02/2024 at 14:57, Pliskin said:

I think we’re probably going to have to sell KDH in the summer, providing he continues to play like he is. We will need to significantly invest in the squad, and I can’t see how else we can do it without selling a key asset? 

Usually when promoted clubs sell their best player it doesnt end well.  Selling KDH only works when we have someone waiting in the wings that does what he does.  Otherwise we have to replace him with a new signing (crap shoot) and spend it on others.

We will probably have a little money to spend, it just needs to be spread over cheap signings.  Better to have five 3 million players than one 15 million signings.

I think goals conceded is largely down to strategy and formation vs personnel, unless the personnel are really bad.  Goal scoring tends to be affected by talent more, so forward players with quality are most important if want a good season in my view.

Sensei, Huth players with dodgy injury records that have ability for cheap, are the sort of deals we going to have to do, alongside bringing in youth.

This squad on paper in my opinion is capable of surviving in the EPL (with small amount of reinforcements), it needs the right mindset and the right type of management.

In short I would rather we keep KDH and not spend much than sell KDH and spend more.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 06/02/2024 at 20:17, Babylon said:

Our previous scouts said pretty clearly that the value of the player is decided further down the chain and passed upwards. 

Walsh even said in his role of head of recruitment he was the one generally setting up the a large percentage of the deals with the other club.

Do you actually think someone hands him the name of a player they want and he just randomly bids whatever he personally thinks they are worth? It’s utterly nonsensical.

Of course he’s involved in the process, but this notion that he’s the one making totally unqualified decisions is frankly just stupid. He’s not paid huge fees for Maddison and Fofana (considering their history) on a whim. He’s done so as those who’ve been tracking them are utterly convinced they will be worth the money. He doesn’t get the credit for them, just like he shouldn’t for bad players who ended up failing and not being worth it. 

What he should get blamed for is installing those people in the first place. It took 5 minutes to know Rodgers pick for head of recruitment was likely to be a rubbish one given his record.

This I can agree with you on.

There is no way a DoF has complete free reign of finances.   He isnt the owner of the club and he isnt the CEO.

If the wages are overspent, then thats on someone else who's job it is to manage the financial state of the club.  I think perhaps the DoF can be criticised for individual player contracts but not the overall size of the wage bill.

Whenever running of a football club is made public (by ex owners, documentaries, managers, players, current owners), the consistency is owners or ceo's tend to be involved in player, manager dealings in some kind of capacity, some owners are very hands on, others may be a light touch but usually have some kind of involvement.

I think given his job title he has to have some blame of course with all the issues going on in player trading, but I dont think its sole blame.

Sven e.g. revealed he had direct conversations with both Top and his father in regards to footballing strategy, Pearson the same, Enzo was employed for his type of football at the owner's preference, Vichai got personally involved in Mahrez contract renewal.  These are things that are known in public, there is probably lots more, of course including other clubs talking about dealing with Whelan on transfers.

12 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

manage the financial state

Andrew Neville
Football Operations Director 

Kevin Davies
Finance Director

8 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

@Ric Flair @BSLBPod - would be great to have a Leicester City FFP special on the pod at some point, if you could get Kieran McGuire on as a guest he is very knowledgable around this subject and monitors all clubs so has a good understanding of each clubs current accounting position, compliance and challenges. 

They did about this time last year. He was confident that LCFC could manage FFP because the talent on the books in event of a fire sale would lead to compliance. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

They did about this time last year. He was confident that LCFC could manage FFP because the talent on the books in event of a fire sale would lead to compliance. 

Would be interesting to get his take on where we are now and how that may or may not impact next season 

On 08/02/2024 at 09:01, Claudio Fannieri said:

For any football finance geeks like myself, if you are interested in FFP and the business side of the game then I can whole heartedly recommend listening to the price of football podcast, it is released twice a week and covers all aspects of football finance and right across the football spectrum. 

The latest episode is an interesting one as it focuses on the possible revision of the current FFP rules. 

We had Kieran on last year - worth a listen if you've not heard it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BSLBPod said:

We had Kieran on last year - worth a listen if you've not heard it.

I did listen to that episode, it was more in relation to potential change in FFP and also if he has a view of what our FFP position is currently looking like and whether we do have a need to cash in on a player or two before the end of June 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I did listen to that episode, it was more in relation to potential change in FFP and also if he has a view of what our FFP position is currently looking like and whether we do have a need to cash in on a player or two before the end of June 

Might see if we can when the latest accounts come out.

• Thanks 1

On 07/02/2024 at 10:02, coolhandfox said:

It needs to be pretty soon, as I'm sure they will appeal the verdict.

It will get messy if it's not sorted in the season; same with Everton. 

You can't have a situation where they get deducted points and get relegated because of it, and then appeal and not get relegated. 

I've heard they wont get the points deduction THIS season, it will be next like the toffees

jammy twisting b@stards