Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ronnup

10 year gap, who wins ?

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

6 of these played a massive part in us winning the premier league. It’s comfortably 13/14. 

They weren’t the same players in 13-14 though, Vardy scored 17 (off the top of my head) that year.

That 442 wouldn’t be able to cope with our current midfield and style of play. Plus Konchesky and De Laet couldn’t cope with the wingers now 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

I thought that man for man 13/14 was far superior.  Then I made a combined XI and was surprised to see that only   Schmeichel,  Morgan and Mahrez made the cut.

Opinions and all that but im not sure what you’re smoking if Drinkwater and 13/14 Vardy don’t make the combined XI, they were our best 2 players that season.

Winks, Ndidi and KDH have all been great, but Drinkwater is 100% the first name in that combined midfield, he had the most passes in the Championship that season and we completely played through him. He won our POTY by a mile for a reason - because he was the best player in the championship that year. 

Also I’d definitely have Dyer over Mavidi for sure and i felt much safer with Konchesky than I do Justin.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Opinions and all that but im not sure what you’re smoking if Drinkwater and 13/14 Vardy don’t make the combined XI, they were our best 2 players that season.

Also I’d definitely have Dyer over Mavidi for sure and i felt much safer with Konchesky than I do Justin.

Of course I'd pick Vardy but he is in both teams so the point is moot.

I think I;d take Winks over Drinky.

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Of course I'd pick Vardy but he is in both teams so the point is moot.

I think I;d take Winks over Drinky.

Think people are forgetting just how good Drinkwater was that season, he was hands down the best player in the division, had by far and away the most passes and touches iirc of any player in the division and completely ran games for us.

He was definitely better than even Winks, although Winks has been great. It’s not an either/or though, there’s 2-3 midfield spots.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

For me:

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Morgan

Faes

Konchesky

Winks

Drinkwater

Dewsbury-Hall

Dyer

Vardy (in his 13-14 form)

Mahrez

Or

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Morgan

Faes

Konchesky

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Winks

Dyer

13-14 Vardy

Nugent 

That’s 7-4 or 8-3 to 13/14 depending if you’re using the 13/14 or 23/24 formation

Edited by Sampson

Mahrez wasn't here at this point, and King over James is weird. Stick Matty in for King in the starting line-up and I reckon 13-14 probably win a one off game. Not so sure with a central midfield of Drinky/King.

2013/14 for me. Hard to compare with different formations etc, one striker not two now for example, so you can only really look generally at positions.

The only obvious ones from this year that get into 2013/14 for me, are Ricardo and Winks. I liked De Laet but Ricardo is so far superior and Winks is above this level.

Others are a matter of opinion. I’d take Dyer, Mahrez and Knockaert over our current wing options. Dyer was a superior Mavididi for me.

As someone says above, without looking, I’d have said Liam Moore played most alongside Wes. They were great that season so I’m not sure I’d swap out Liam for this seasons options but I understand many will. 

Nugent was great. Again he would either be a victim of our current formation or be the central forward but apart from Vardy who is in both years, he is far better than our other options now.

I like a left footed left back so probably keeping Konchesky to be fair but he was very good that year.

Central midfield not easy as some good options there. Drinkwater and Winks for sure. For that balance again, I might have KDH and Drinkwater either side of Winks but harsh on Ndidi.

4 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Perhaps a more challenging question is which playing style  would you prefer to watch? 13/14 all day long for me. 

Agreed. Dyer scared defences shitless, Knockaert/Mahrez was their magic feet. Nugent and Vardy clinical. The full back also got forward a lot. 

We put up some big wins that season where we put teams to the sword which we haven’t done (yet) this season.