Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Enzo needs to be careful - the dangerous spiral

58 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Well I don't expect to him to, I'm just using the forum to help organise my thoughts and get other opinions. 

Why are you addressing him in second person?

Edited by Nod.E
Second person not third
  • Haha 1

I didn’t enjoy watching the game last night.  Early in the season, the drift was that as players learnt his style, performances would get better.  We were poor against a side who went I to the game with 6 points.

Hopefully, he will find a way of reinvigorating things.

We will know in five games…..West Brom, Plymouth, Millwall, Birmingham Rotherham…..10-12 points reasonable expectation, I think we’ll get them. Absolutely teed up for the second half of the season.

The panic from a 1-1 away draw with Sheffield Wednesday is incredible….a point away from home, three taken away in the last minute, with a weakened team…..Sir Alex used to say, that could be the point that wins you the league……it might be.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

He has to be flexible tactically with the system rather than relying on changing personnel and expecting something different. Don’t be stubborn. 

I seem to remember his first interview he said that he would be flexible and have to play different systems throughout the season. There have been some small tweaks and there have been occasions where the keeper has gone long but we haven't really changed much really.

if there's ever a time to try something new, fresh and exciting it's now. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Rubbish. Watch and analyse the game properly and stop writing headlines like that which you know makes fans pile on with negativity. Play like that and we’ll be absolutely fine. Created numerous brilliant chances and win comfortably on another day

We were awful though and lucky we didn't lose. They missed loads of gilt edged chances. It's not just that one game, something hasn't seemed right for a while.

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I seem to remember his first interview he said that he would be flexible and have to play different systems throughout the season. There have been some small tweaks and there have been occasions where the keeper has gone long but we haven't really changed much really.

if there's ever a time to try something new, fresh and exciting it's now. 

Agree. The games we’ve lost this season I think playing 2 up front for the last 10-15 mins would of made a difference. Something as basic as that in this division can be the difference between gaining a few points and not getting any. 

• Like 1

I think the reason why Rodgers lasted so long was that he did often manage to throw in an exceptional performance when we had played particularly poorly and he needed it. These got fewer and fewer until he had totally lost the plot of course...

The football we played under Rodgers when he first came in was arguably some of the best we've ever played and it was high bench mark to set going forward.

The thing that worries me about Maresca is that we've never actually seen any mind blowing performances or football. Yes, we've picked up points but he's not actually stamped his authority. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh I don't know.

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

I keep thinking about it and can't help coming back to the same conclusion that teams have worked us out. Burnley walked the league with the system so alot of teams now have experience on how to play this system. Knowing what you're facing is surely easier to prepare against. To play this system we need to be on it 100% 100% of the time, and we've not been there for several weeks imo, he needs something to spark that hunger again.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

We will know in five games…..West Brom, Plymouth, Millwall, Birmingham Rotherham…..10-12 points reasonable expectation, I think we’ll get them. Absolutely teed up for the second half of the season.

The panic from a 1-1 away draw with Sheffield Wednesday is incredible….a point away from home, three taken away in the last minute, with a weakened team…..Sir Alex used to say, that could be the point that wins you the league……it might be.

It’s not the point that’s the issue, which is the point people are missing….. it was the performance, against the worst team in the division…… it was rancid. 

Perhaps a proper hiding might make Enzo rethink, which is probably coming against West Brom, I just hope for this clubs sake he gets it right going forward.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s not the point that’s the issue, which is the point people are missing….. it was the performance, against the worst team in the division…… it was rancid. 

Perhaps a proper hiding might make Enzo rethink, which is probably coming against West Brom, I just hope for this clubs sake he gets it right going forward.

Everyone’s favourite Leeds dropped points to the 2nd worst team in the division last week, and these guys at home earlier in the season.

its these type of results this pi55 hole of a division throws at you. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Depends what you really mean by this, in practice? 

He’s managed a complete reversal of mentality, taken over the debacle of last season, and completely inverted the way we work defensively (never mind adding actually recognisable patterns of play to us - totally absent under Rodgers for 2 years before departure). All in the context of huge player turnover and a short/bad preseason.  

if that’s not stamping his authority, I don’t know what is. 

Yeah fair points you make there. Maybe I'm wanting everything instantly and there's a lot he's built already that deserves a lot of praise. 

It'll be interesting to see how he navigates a rocky patch with his fan/media and player relations/interactions though.  He's not really been tested much yet. 

Edited by Collymore