Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: West Brom 1-2 Leicester City - Vote Now

West Brom 1-2 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.3

Total Average Rating

155 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall 7.4
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Kelechi Iheanacho 4.8
  4. Manager Confidence 95% +4%

Season: 2023/24
Voting Starts: 02/12/23
Voting Ends: 07/12/23

1. Mads Hermansen
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Wout Faes
  4. Jannik Vestergaard
  5. James Justin
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Harry Winks
  8. Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall
  9. Kasey McAteer
  10. Kelechi Iheanacho
  11. Stephy Mavididi
  12. Abdul Fatawu (sub)
  13. Cesare Casadei (sub)

I though Faes was outstanding again today, almost too good for this level of football. Vestergaard was solid too. The midfield controlled the game Winks, KDH and Ndidi is a phenomenal midfield at this level.

Only downside was Iheanacho for me, just seriously doesn’t look interested or like he wants to get involved at the minute. Has a really good chance at the end of the first half, other than that he was non existent.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I though Faes was outstanding again today, almost too good for this level of football. Vestergaard was solid too. The midfield controlled the game Winks, KDH and Ndidi is a phenomenal midfield at this level.

Only downside was Iheanacho for me, just seriously doesn’t look interested or like he wants to get involved at the minute. Has a really good chance at the end of the first half, other than that he was non existent.

And yet Iheanacho played a key role in the winning goal. That’s the enigma of Nacho. Looked off the pace at times, missed a good chance…And yet that good chance came from an outstanding turn that I don’t think Vardy could’ve done and as I say, his movement and pass to KDH was inch perfect and was absolutely key to the winner. 

• Like 3

He used to be my favourite player - when he was a dynamic thrusting overlapping right back - but Ricardo had one of his worst games today. I gave him a 3. Passing it backwards became so ingrained that he even did so (kind of) for their goal!

8 minutes ago, Hammo said:

He used to be my favourite player - when he was a dynamic thrusting overlapping right back - but Ricardo had one of his worst games today. I gave him a 3. Passing it backwards became so ingrained that he even did so (kind of) for their goal!

Tbf West Brom were targeting Ricardo. It was obviously part of their game plan. He seemed to be man marked every time he was central despite West Brom not fully utilising a man to man system. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Well you should be well-chuffed that he’ll miss the Plymouth game.

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I don't thin that's his problem. I think he's trying to play to instructions but falling between the Attacking role and dropping back to support and create which he done really well several times today. The best leading to the Goal.

The first half chance he should have played in NDiddi on his right instead of shooting.

It seems very strange watching your leading striker dropping back to help out and create, But that's how Enzo wants him to play and I understand that drive for total football. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, you gave Vestergaard and Ndidi a 5 today??? Wow, why? 

You know what, I regretted the Vesty rating, he should have got a 7 from me, but I was a bit peeved he didn’t punt the clearance which led to their long throw and equaliser, further down the pitch.

Other than the assist for KDH, I genuinely didn’t thin Wilf was that good today! Maybe I should have drank more!

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Top of the league yet 94% manager confidence? Wonder what those 6% are aiming for and who else they think could achieve it that's gagging to come here?

I think some people are of the opinion that our squad is so good that they could manage it themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hermansen 4 So fed up of him passing out from the back to opposition players or to a LCFC player who is marked and ends up being dispossessed. It’s most games now 

JJ 8 Really strong in the tackle, got forward well too. Would like to see him getting forward even more - it’s a big strength of his 

Faes 6 Didn’t think it was his best game 

Vestergaard 7 I get really frustrated with the Vestergaard roll his boot over the ball, walk a bit with the ball, pass it sideways or backwards at a snails pace. However, great in the air and played a big part in the winner

Ricardo 6 Always seemed to have a swarm of WBA players around him whenever he got the ball which stifled him a bit

McAteer 5 Not bad, but didn’t offer anything of note 

Ndidi 8 Seemed to find pockets of space really well today. Lovely assist for the KDH goal. We are so much better when he’s in the side 

Winks 9 MOTM even before the lung busting run and last minute winner. He loves us and I love him 

KDH 8 Thought he was fantastic again. Loses a mark for the crap corners he took 

Mavidivi 7 Wouldn’t have subbed him off. I thought he was a threat and had a good game

Iheanacho 6 First touch was largely awful but the control and pass for the winner shouldn’t be underestimated. He’s a really clever footballer at times. Still think he’s a better option than Vardy but I’d love to see what Cannon is like soon

Casadei did well when he came off- he’s so good in the air.