Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tinpot_fox

The dentist conundrum

The dentist conundrum  

43 members have voted

1. 1. When is your next dentist appointment?

• Monday 1/1/24 3:15pm
    • Monday 22/1/24 8:15pm
    • Saturday 27/1/24 3:15pm
    • None of the above
  2. 2. When was your last dentist appointment?

• Saturday 23/12/23 3:15pm
    • Wednesday 13/12/23 8:15pm
    • Saturday 9/12/23 3:15pm
    • None of the above

1 hour ago, NAKC20 said:

My next dental appointment is at 2:30. And why are all dentists miserable so-and-so's that always look down in the mouth?

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Is it a Chinese dentist? lol

The old ones are the best ones.

I'm surprised @Izzy hasn't jumped on this one.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Wait to see how this one plays out...

wait until the applause at the end.

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Is it a Chinese dentist? lol

What? You start one but have to go and collect another one 10 minutes before the first one is finished?

9 hours ago, bovril said:

Is it safe?

The amount of people voting with their feet to get to one in good time, would make it appear both safe and popular.

8 hours ago, Parafox said:

The old ones are the best ones.

I'm surprised @Izzy hasn't jumped on this one.

Last in, first out?

1 hour ago, Libertine said:

Home fixtures. That’s all I got. :D

I don’t know what you mean, I just rang up the local dentist, all innocent like, asked which appointments were available and this the answer I got. Not my fault at all…

Last year, an elderly relative of mine had to go to A&E after a disastrous visit to the dentist. Due to having TMJ dysfunction (clicky jaw joint), she was unable to close her mouth after opening it wide. The dentist tried to force it closed, clearly knowing nothing about how to deal with such situations. With all that training they're supposed to go through, surely the dentist should have known better.

28 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Am quite surprised that there's a lack of NHS dentists available in the country.

From Quora:

‘NHS dentists’ is a bit of a misnomer. All dentists can do (and most do) NHS work. But the problem at the moment is that most dentists are refusing to take on new NHS patients, and only take on new private patients. And the reason for that is simple: the pay for doing NHS work is terrible. Doing NHS work costs them money. Fortunately for them most dental work is routine, so most people don’t complain too much about not getting their annual check up and cleaning in the same way they complain if they cannot see their GP.

And thus the practice of dentistry slowly becomes privatised by stealth and omission. At least we haven’t yet gotten to the stage where dentists actively purge NHS patients from their patient lists.

• Like 3