Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Your personal goals and aspirations for 2024

Not specifically resolutions, but what do you hope to achieve in 2024? What are your goals? Could be anything - financial, health, career, whatever...

For me, it's to finally move to a bigger house after being in the same place now for over 20 years. 

(and to maintain a single figure golf handicap :))

• Like 1

I just looked at same thread, 2023. I didn't have a good one resolution wise. Got two (the easiest ones) of the five ticked off. 

Thanks to @Nalis for leaving us some fanny, I really got to actually talk to birds (without actually trying to pull) and bin off dates via dating apps. And yeah, I know I know, calling em birds is part of the reason I'm single blah blah 

To take a couple of gambles this year. I sway from periods of being ultra risk averse to taking calculated risks in life. Last year was far too risk averse. 

43 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I just looked at same thread, 2023. I didn't have a good one resolution wise. Got two (the easiest ones) of the five ticked off. 

Thanks to @Nalis for leaving us some fanny, I really got to actually talk to birds (without actually trying to pull) and bin off dates via dating apps. And yeah, I know I know, calling em birds is part of the reason I'm single blah blah 

To take a couple of gambles this year. I sway from periods of being ultra risk averse to taking calculated risks in life. Last year was far too risk averse. 

No problem mate, happy to help my fellow Foxestalkers

• Haha 1

Continue on my workout goals. Been consistent over the last 5 months and seeing results and feel extremely motivated to want to work out. In my mid 40s now so my goals arent to be huge but rather lookin decent and "feeling" good. My main driver is to have better heart and mind health so working more on diet in 2024 will be key to that journey as well.

I hope you all have a blessed journey in 2024!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Get healthier, i managed to quit smoking just before Christmas and so far so good (although i am vaping.) No more wheezing at night and not being so out of breath running up the stairs, which is crazy since its not even been 2 weeks.

7 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Quit smoking, drink less, learn to drive, start saving some money.

not to all do from the first think you set yourself up for failure but over the year, already booked driving lessons, will start vaping and actively try to drink less and be generally healthier.

Giving up smoking was one of the best things I've ever done. Genuinely didn't think I'd be able to do it after almost 30 years of smoking, but I absolutely pissed it.

I got a vape from B&M for about 6 quid, you don't need to spend a fortune, then slowly reduced nicotine strength. 

I was off the vape in less than 3 months too.

I do sometimes just think 'I'd love a cigarette, or even a vape right now', but then realise it's been so long, I don't need it, I'd just be letting myself down and it passes in a matter of moments.

Good luck to both of you :thumbup:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Giving up smoking was one of the best things I've ever done. Genuinely didn't think I'd be able to do it after almost 30 years of smoking, but I absolutely pissed it.

I got a vape from B&M for about 6 quid, you don't need to spend a fortune, then slowly reduced nicotine strength. 

I was off the vape in less than 3 months too.

I do sometimes just think 'I'd love a cigarette, or even a vape right now', but then realise it's been so long, I don't need it, I'd just be letting myself down and it passes in a matter of moments.

Good luck to both of you :thumbup:

I did quit smoking for about 5 years then due to poor mental health and bad decisions started again, quit about 3 years ago and vaped until maybe August, and my plan was, I felt I’d never been so addicted to cigarettes as I was vaping, I was non stop, so i started smoking with a view to giving up vaping and eventually smoking, turns out that wasn’t a great plan, who’d have thought! So back to vaping and reduce the strength over the next few months then hopefully be off the nicotine completely.

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Writing, graduating, losing more weight, getting myself back and quite simply... just. having. fun. 

That sounds like a great plan! Having fun is the key while doing what ever you want to pursue. Enjoy life!

To all on Foxestalk, a very happy New year, I look forward to more entertainment in 2024 from Foxestalk.co.uk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get my knees fixed and try to get a bit fitter. Try to progress with learning to play the guitar to the point where it feels cool rather than sad.

PS

For all those using vapes, be careful. I found it was very easy to get to the point where I’d be having a few puffs every few mins. I switched from smoking to vapes around 2012 and finally gave up vaping in 2013 when I seemed to be getting a chronic cough. The cough has never gone though.