Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Danny Ward - OUT

4 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Looking forward to watching him make the goal look twice as big and turning his head away from the ball again! 

Ward didn't quite understand that giving attackers 'the eyes' doesn't work if you are a goalie.

From what I can recall of the Cardiff keeper, he looked perfectly average. Which is waaaay above Ward's level. 

I've reconciled myself to it. He'll be here til the end of his contract and will be consigned as the most expensive keeper in history; 12.5m, around 11m wages and around 125m in lost revenues. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Foxtalk nightmare 🙀:

”Hero Danny Ward helps keep Sheffield United in the Premier League with completely unexpected superb performances and, as part of the initial deal will transfer on the 1st July 2024 for an undisclosed fee believed to be £1.25p and a bag of boiled sweets”

56 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Foxtalk nightmare 🙀:

”Hero Danny Ward helps keep Sheffield United in the Premier League with completely unexpected superb performances and, as part of the initial deal will transfer on the 1st July 2024 for an undisclosed fee believed to be £1.25p and a bag of boiled sweets”

Shocking waste of boiled sweets 

and I don't even like boiled sweets . . . 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

This is actually a bigger scandal than the f’kin Post Office! 

IMG_2434.jpeg

you’re more upset about him earning half of what Bertrand was earning?

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

you’re more upset about him earning half of what Bertrand was earning?

At least Bertrand has gone.  We’ve also invested more in wages on Ward when you consider the length of his two contracts 

(This is a thread about Ward, but Alex Smithies's contract is equally scandalous if true) 

Edited by Jobyfox

43 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I wonder who it was that scouted him back then?  I doubt we can hang that one on Puel.

Yes, it was under the Puel regime. In fairness he’d done okay at Huddlesfield 12 months prior.

That summer, for money we signed Maddison, Evans, Ricardo, Ward, Ghezzel, Benkovic and Soyuncu. 

We shipped out Musa, Mahrez, Gordon, Ulloa. 

Overall I’d say that was a successful transfer window. We overpaid for Ward but every transfer is a risk.

Transfer fee / wages he’s cost us around 4.2m for the 5 years he’s been here, £21m-ish.

Bertrand cost us around £10.4m as it was only a 2 year contract (thankfully).

10 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

The lob over his head, at Chelsea, is one of my personal favourites.

Man Utd away was particularly bad, he showed Rashford the whole goal and then jumped over the ball for another. 

genuinely one of if not the worst player I’ve seen for us in my lifetime.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mod hero said:

genuinely one of if not the worst player I’ve seen for us in my lifetime.

I think if you factor in the transfer fee and wages etc 100 per cent the worst player we have ever deemed it necessary to pay money for 

Edited by Bob Weasel Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I think if you factor in the transfer fee and wages etc 100 per cent the worst player we have ever deemed it necessary to pay money for 

Don’t know the history but have we paid the most ever for a back up keeper? Can’t remember any other teams paying £12M or more.

• Like 1