Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Danny Ward - OUT

Please don’t misunderstand me, I’m not saying Ward was anything other than a total flop for us… but still… I can only assume some of you either didn’t live through the Pleat years, or have forgotten about how truly awful it was. Ward isn’t anywhere near the worst player to play for us…

• Like 1

On 08/01/2024 at 04:11, Vlad the Fox said:

Just playing devils advocate a bit. As bad as ward was last season I can’t help feel that he was chucked under the bus by Rodgers. Out injured all pre-season it should have been Iverson who started the season in goal, but Ward was fit before the first game and straight in having played no pre-season matches and barely any the previous season, he wasn’t ready and as a result had a bad start resulting in his confidence plummeting. 

He’d not let us down in the past with his cup appearances, is he good enough for our first team? No. But I’m sure he’ll go somewhere and perform better than he did for us last season.

I think most people put the blame at Rogers' door. 

I don't hate Ward, he's just a limited keeper as everyone apart from Rogers could see.

• Like 1

Danny Ward had the worst shot stopper stats in the EPL last season by some way. Letting twice as many goal bound shots fly past him than the best keepers in the league. Ward, personally was worth the equivalent of 7 own goals to the opponents last season by his unrivalled  inability to stop a ball.

So, Sheffield United must have a really bad GK today if they see Ward as an upgrade.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Adrien Silva must be on a par with Ward, for the worst monetary signing?

Agree . He has to be the worst . Even Slimani got the odd goal and we recouped some of what we were conned out of by way of a fee 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Danny Ward had the worst shot stopper stats in the EPL last season by some way. Letting twice as many goal bound shots fly past him than the best keepers in the league. Ward, personally was worth the equivalent of 7 own goals to the opponents last season by his unrivalled  inability to stop a ball.

So, Sheffield United must have a really bad GK today if they see Ward as an upgrade.

Asked roughly that question of my Blades supporting mate and got this answer: 'Danny Ward is definitely better than Wes Foderingham, and Wes is one of our best players!'

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Asked roughly that question of my Blades supporting mate and got this answer: 'Danny Ward is definitely better than Wes Foderingham, and Wes is one of our best players!'

This isn't the general thoughts all all Sheffield United fans though. A lot don't want Ward.

53 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Nice star jumps ( like the asthmatic kid who gets picked last and gets stuck in goal just to get him out from under everyone’s feet) 

2 hours ago, Bazly said:

My brother in law is a blades fan, he has actually watched Ward play and is absolutely fuming if there's any truth to this. Ward is a one-man relegation machine.

9 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

"Sheffield United are considering signing Danny Ward and Kasper Schmeichel to improve their goalkeeping options."

LMFAO!! Tough choice that.

8 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Sorry to see him go.  The first ‘false’ keeper ever. Rodgers -  a tactical genius.

This comment from a Saints fan last season, accurately reflects how the opposition perceived us.

24D0A850-A016-4F76-B90B-B13BBDB6B900.thumb.jpeg.1ffd56050005490a0ffe05b63f8755d3.jpeg

Weird thing is that seeing the upturn in Ndidi and Vestergaard this season I no longer believe any of our players were truly that bad. The way Maresca has come in and transformed them and others it would have been interesting to see him Ward turn into prime Buffon away from the tutorings of Rodgers.

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

My favourite is the jumping up out the way of the ball away vs Bournemouth

He didn't even jump out of the way of their first goal that game. If you saw this you'd say dead cert to save but no, it ended up in the net for the Bournemouth equaliser. Pure class.

LCWard.jpg.9fffdda4ec7bd6a52764d4b8587a32cb.jpg

I remember after 2 games last season posters saying we'd be relegated with Ward on goal for the season. Point is it doesn't take long to realise he's crap.

Edited by Tuna