Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Danny Ward - OUT

17 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Pub league north division?

They’ve got Joe Hart haven’t they at Celtic!? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I thought he recommended the club sign him before he came from Celtic. Either way its better he's gone.

No arguments there!

• Like 1

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/cardiff-city-set-for-transfer-battle-with-sheffield-united-for-leicester-city-goalkeeper-danny-ward/

Cardiff City set for transfer battle with Sheffield United for Leicester City player

Danny Ward has not been in Leicester's first-team squad this season, and he could be about to get the chance to go and play football once more Leicester City's rebuild following their relegation from the Premier League has seen a number of experienced players fall by the wayside at the King Power Stadium - ones who are either getting limited minutes or are not being seen at all.

And when the Foxes landed Danish goalkeeper Mads Hermansen from Brondby in the summer, the writing was somewhat on the wall for Danny Ward's future at the East Midlands outfit.

Hermansen was immediately installed as first-choice by Maresca, and that relegated the experienced Ward to joint third-choice with Daniel Iversen, with even the untested Jakub Stolarczyk ahead of them in the pecking order.

Ward played 26 times in the Premier League for Leicester last season and was the favoured choice of Brendan Rodgers in-between the sticks, but not long before the Northern Irishman was sacked as manager last year, Ward was dropped for Iversen and he has never regained his place in the starting 11.

The 30-year-old has not made a single appearance in any competition so far in 2023-24, and he still has a year-and-a-half left to run on the contract extension that he signed in 2021 - the Wales international though could be set for a lifeline with two clubs interested in signing him.

Cardiff City want Ward but face Sheffield United competition 

The Sun's Alan Nixon has reported via his Patreon account that Ward is wanted by two clubs in the January transfer window, and one of those is Cardiff City.

The Bluebirds are keen to loan Ward in for the second half of the season and bring him back to his home country, with regular first-team football potentially going some way for the ex-Liverpool man to secure his spot in the Wales starting 11 at EURO 2024 if they make it.

Cardiff boss Erol Bulut already added a loan goalkeeper in the summer in the form of Arsenal's Runar Alex Runarsson, but the Icelandic stopper has disappointed and he could be sent back to the Emirates Stadium if City can land a replacement.

The favourites to sign Ward though are top flight strugglers Sheffield United, with Chris Wilder looking to replace Wes Foderingham at Bramall Lane.

Nixon claims that the Blades have already contacted Leicester about a deal for Ward, and they are keen to either sell their out of favour stopper or loan him out with an obligation to buy.

If Premier League football is on the table for Ward - even for a few months - then he's likely going to take it.

Wes Foderingham hasn't been impressive this season for United and it's no real surprise that Wilder is looking at other options, and whilst Ward will be a bit rusty having not played in 2023-24 yet, he's still got plenty of experience.

Cardiff will probably be hoping that Sheffield United's interest cools, but they do perhaps need an improvement on Runarsson, who has failed to impress the fans in the Welsh capital since his arrival.

The Bluebirds' recruitment team must have some alternative options on their mind if Ward does head to Bramall Lane, but they should be making a big push for his services at the same time.

• Haha 2

After everything he did in our shirt whilst number 1 that contributed to our relegation, you just know he will go to Sheffield United, pull off a string of worldy performances and keep them in the division. 

I had ward too of my list to get rid of last season followed by amartay and then Bertrand. I’ve had to take my foot out of my mouth regarding lurch who was also on that list. Yes WARD HAS TO GO. Just gift him to Sheffield with a no returns label! 🙏🏽

12 hours ago, Sly said:

SO WE NOW HAVE A TRANSFER BATTLE, FOR THE GREAT DANNY WARD!

However will we cope without him? 

I love a transfer “battle” . Some prefer a “ race  to sign” but it’s a “battle” for me every time 

Just playing devils advocate a bit. As bad as ward was last season I can’t help feel that he was chucked under the bus by Rodgers. Out injured all pre-season it should have been Iverson who started the season in goal, but Ward was fit before the first game and straight in having played no pre-season matches and barely any the previous season, he wasn’t ready and as a result had a bad start resulting in his confidence plummeting. 

He’d not let us down in the past with his cup appearances, is he good enough for our first team? No. But I’m sure he’ll go somewhere and perform better than he did for us last season.

9 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Just playing devils advocate a bit. As bad as ward was last season I can’t help feel that he was chucked under the bus by Rodgers. Out injured all pre-season it should have been Iverson who started the season in goal, but Ward was fit before the first game and straight in having played no pre-season matches and barely any the previous season, he wasn’t ready and as a result had a bad start resulting in his confidence plummeting. 

He’d not let us down in the past with his cup appearances, is he good enough for our first team? No. But I’m sure he’ll go somewhere and perform better than he did for us last season.

I’d be inclined to agree had he not been complete and utter dog shit after the World Cup also.

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’d be inclined to agree had he not been complete and utter dog shit after the World Cup also.

True but everything had turned to shit by then. He shouldn’t have started the season and when he did he should have been dropped after the first round of games.

20 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

True but everything had turned to shit by then. He shouldn’t have started the season and when he did he should have been dropped after the first round of games.

Agreed, on his part it was nothing personal against the club. He was clearly trying his best and it was apparent to everyone, including Rodgers, that he wasn’t up to it. Which brings me back to my original point, I’m not convinced he does well elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Agreed, on his part it was nothing personal against the club. He was clearly trying his best and it was apparent to everyone, including Rodgers, that he wasn’t up to it. Which brings me back to my original point, I’m not convinced he does well elsewhere.

Maybe, maybe not, but my point was that i don’t necessarily feel he is as bad as he was for us last season. Circumstances and a bad manager didn’t help him. 

16 hours ago, Sly said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/cardiff-city-set-for-transfer-battle-with-sheffield-united-for-leicester-city-goalkeeper-danny-ward/

Cardiff City set for transfer battle with Sheffield United for Leicester City player

Danny Ward has not been in Leicester's first-team squad this season, and he could be about to get the chance to go and play football once more Leicester City's rebuild following their relegation from the Premier League has seen a number of experienced players fall by the wayside at the King Power Stadium - ones who are either getting limited minutes or are not being seen at all.

And when the Foxes landed Danish goalkeeper Mads Hermansen from Brondby in the summer, the writing was somewhat on the wall for Danny Ward's future at the East Midlands outfit.

Hermansen was immediately installed as first-choice by Maresca, and that relegated the experienced Ward to joint third-choice with Daniel Iversen, with even the untested Jakub Stolarczyk ahead of them in the pecking order.

Ward played 26 times in the Premier League for Leicester last season and was the favoured choice of Brendan Rodgers in-between the sticks, but not long before the Northern Irishman was sacked as manager last year, Ward was dropped for Iversen and he has never regained his place in the starting 11.

The 30-year-old has not made a single appearance in any competition so far in 2023-24, and he still has a year-and-a-half left to run on the contract extension that he signed in 2021 - the Wales international though could be set for a lifeline with two clubs interested in signing him.

Cardiff City want Ward but face Sheffield United competition 

The Sun's Alan Nixon has reported via his Patreon account that Ward is wanted by two clubs in the January transfer window, and one of those is Cardiff City.

The Bluebirds are keen to loan Ward in for the second half of the season and bring him back to his home country, with regular first-team football potentially going some way for the ex-Liverpool man to secure his spot in the Wales starting 11 at EURO 2024 if they make it.

Cardiff boss Erol Bulut already added a loan goalkeeper in the summer in the form of Arsenal's Runar Alex Runarsson, but the Icelandic stopper has disappointed and he could be sent back to the Emirates Stadium if City can land a replacement.

The favourites to sign Ward though are top flight strugglers Sheffield United, with Chris Wilder looking to replace Wes Foderingham at Bramall Lane.

Nixon claims that the Blades have already contacted Leicester about a deal for Ward, and they are keen to either sell their out of favour stopper or loan him out with an obligation to buy.

If Premier League football is on the table for Ward - even for a few months - then he's likely going to take it.

Wes Foderingham hasn't been impressive this season for United and it's no real surprise that Wilder is looking at other options, and whilst Ward will be a bit rusty having not played in 2023-24 yet, he's still got plenty of experience.

Cardiff will probably be hoping that Sheffield United's interest cools, but they do perhaps need an improvement on Runarsson, who has failed to impress the fans in the Welsh capital since his arrival.

The Bluebirds' recruitment team must have some alternative options on their mind if Ward does head to Bramall Lane, but they should be making a big push for his services at the same time.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba