Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Danny Ward - OUT

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

No-one would be stupid enough to buy this bloke, except us.

Genuinley wonder when he leaves on a free next summer what level he gets a team at. Could see him going to Wrexham in League 1 by that time, can't see even a bottom end Champ team going for him on a free. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Genuinley wonder when he leaves on a free next summer what level he gets a team at. Could see him going to Wrexham in League 1 by that time, can't see even a bottom end Champ team going for him on a free. 

If anyone in Prem or Champ were interested, they'd have moved for him by now.

His disaster show last season has to have put huge numbers off 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I thought similar about Ward's potential next club being Wrexham. A few reasons it makes sense for them over any other club imo:

1) Their current #1 - Okonkwo - is on loan from Arsenal. They don't have a goalkeeper permanently on their books who is good enough for top end League 2 or higher. Howard is 37 years old and out of contract in the summer, Lainton is a sick note and out of contract in the summer, and their other goalkeeper is young and has never played in English football before. They'll need to do something there very soon.

2) Since their takeover they have made a big push to bring international football back to North Wales at the Racecourse, and put it 'on the map' for football a bit more. Signing a Welsh international would be a coup that continues that push. The Welsh international connection is the only reason I had any sort of optimism about the Cardiff rumours.

3) Ward is a Wrexham boy and was in their academy as a youth player before Liverpool. A return home might appeal.

4) Wrexham - if promoted to League 1 - have one of the more likely budgets to better bridge the financial gap between Ward's current contract versus what he'll be on when his time at Leicester is up. I agree with you that I don't see a Championship side or above taking him as a #1. Unless a bigger club picks him up as #3 for home grown GK cover, then I think he'll drop down to League 1. Wrexham standout as one of the sides who might take a punt.

Feels like pipe dream stuff he voluntarily wants to go this summer and we can find a taker.

• Like 2

On 22/01/2024 at 18:15, LCCFox96 said:

I thought similar about Ward's potential next club being Wrexham. A few reasons it makes sense for them over any other club imo:

1) Their current #1 - Okonkwo - is on loan from Arsenal. They don't have a goalkeeper permanently on their books who is good enough for top end League 2 or higher. Howard is 37 years old and out of contract in the summer, Lainton is a sick note and out of contract in the summer, and their other goalkeeper is young and has never played in English football before. They'll need to do something there very soon.

2) Since their takeover they have made a big push to bring international football back to North Wales at the Racecourse, and put it 'on the map' for football a bit more. Signing a Welsh international would be a coup that continues that push. The Welsh international connection is the only reason I had any sort of optimism about the Cardiff rumours.

3) Ward is a Wrexham boy and was in their academy as a youth player before Liverpool. A return home might appeal.

4) Wrexham - if promoted to League 1 - have one of the more likely budgets to better bridge the financial gap between Ward's current contract versus what he'll be on when his time at Leicester is up. I agree with you that I don't see a Championship side or above taking him as a #1. Unless a bigger club picks him up as #3 for home grown GK cover, then I think he'll drop down to League 1. Wrexham standout as one of the sides who might take a punt.

Feels like pipe dream stuff he voluntarily wants to go this summer and we can find a taker.

If Carlsberg wrote threads on FT - then 2) & 3) above would be that thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/01/2024 at 12:15, LCCFox96 said:

wokeup.JPG.ae774c75852f4cfe5ded0dbf0bf0532e.JPG

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Once Smithies retired and Iversen had gone on loan to Stoke, it always felt Ward would stay as experienced cover in the event either Mads or Jakub get injured 

Experienced cover at what exactly? Making booboos and conceding goals?

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

Ward is a like a bad fart that is still lingering at the club. A reminder in the background that the Bodgers nightmare really happened 

I remember last season reading the comments on FT and thinking that he’s not as bad as people are making out. 

Eventually I realised he was! :cry:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

I'm now convinced we are stuck with Ward forever! Proper jobs-worth.

TBH if my boss handed me a £40k a week deal to sit and do nothing I'd snap his hand off. He's only going to get half that at best at any other club. It's a short career you get what you can. Whoever gave him that deal is the issue.

• Like 1