Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Danny Ward - OUT

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Ward was/is trash. But the pic clearly shows the shot happening between the 6 yard box and penalty spot (12 yards) 

Think he means distance from ward. 

He is a terrible footballer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Ward was/is trash. But the pic clearly shows the shot happening between the 6 yard box and penalty spot (12 yards) 

Should enlarge this and hand to my keepers with a caption of "do not let this be you in net"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike1983 said:

Something's off about this photo, looks strange.

It’s so ridiculous it looks photoshopped, but in reality he’s copied the striker of the ball and not watched the object he’s paid to keep out of net. Such a shit keeper, man 

2 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

Not often you see goalkeepers who are scared of footballs. Always felt it was a weakness in his game.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, KFS said:

It’s so ridiculous it looks photoshopped, but in reality he’s copied the striker of the ball and not watched the object he’s paid to keep out of net. Such a shit keeper, man 

I disagree.  He's got his eyes fixed on the ball.

It's just he's miles away from it!🤦

• Haha 1

We always have to remind ourselves that it wasn't ward who authorised 12m transfer fee nor a renewal of a four year contract worth millions nor Ward who picked himself for those disastrous 23 of 26 games (Everton, wolves and west ham the exceptions, tho still think he got lucky at wolves with that save in half time, but benefit of doubt etc) 

The guy's career and reputation has been trashed by playing. Sheffield United could and would find better keepers from leagues 1and 2 and I suspect a good dozen or so in the non league 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

We always have to remind ourselves that it wasn't ward who authorised 12m transfer fee nor a renewal of a four year contract worth millions nor Ward who picked himself for those disastrous 23 of 26 games (Everton, wolves and west ham the exceptions, tho still think he got lucky at wolves with that save in half time, but benefit of doubt etc) 

The guy's career and reputation has been trashed by playing. Sheffield United could and would find better keepers from leagues 1and 2 and I suspect a good dozen or so in the non league 

But it was Ward who spent 5 years warming the bench at Leicester, happy to rarely play, clearly didn’t develop in that time and then was woefully, disastrously unprepared and unable to make the step up to No.1 when finally called upon…

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

It's a star jump to make you as big as possible, KS did it all the time. The player shooting is well inside the six yard box, anyone can be made to look bad from a screenshot, I dare say KS would have looked ridiculous from the initial header across for the Deeney goal.

6 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

It's a star jump to make you as big as possible, KS did it all the time. The player shooting is well inside the six yard box, anyone can be made to look bad from a screenshot, I dare say KS would have looked ridiculous from the initial header across for the Deeney goal.

That's exactly right, spreading limbs out like a star jump is good keeping in that situation, no greater exponents than Kasper and his dad.

However have you ever watched an under 7s Goalie? They know that you dive to get to the ball but haven't connected the reason - to get to the ball quicker than running.

So they end up completely mis-timing their dive and getting no where near the ball. They execute the dive but not the save.

It's comedy gold.

Danny Ward isn't 7 but somehow suffered from the same problem with making himself "big"

• Haha 1

On 10/01/2024 at 14:28, Bazly said:

The third 'I'll wave at the ball after its gone past' was actually much worse.

LCWard.jpg.af3ee1d0195e90f5e986d32326ae1ac8.jpg

The first goal , Chilwells low power shot at his near post is easily the worst of the Chelsea game. Could make the top 5 of his blunders for the season, strong competition though!

Will believe this transfer when I see it. Surely no one at any half decent level would be genuinely interested in the hopeless prat, it just makes zero sense.

• Haha 1

On 10/01/2024 at 16:15, BillyFOX12 said:

Sheffield fans seem excited about this.

Bladesforum.thumb.jpg.aa91ff523aa2b7de879146833f876105.jpg

lol

No mugs then

Edited by Tuna
  • Haha 2

Bidding war, I can't believe it, we wont get anything like what we paid for him, but really should take the first real offer put on the table, and get him gone.  BR was implicit in our relegation but this guy contributed by being woeful between the sticks, not suprised at the Blades fans comments.