Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Of course he’s said yes.

The National Space Centre, King Richard III centre, Walkers Crisps factory.

Does Milan have attractions like that? No it bloody doesn’t. 

Ironically Milan is not the most exciting city - particularly for its size

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Don't you find it interesting that our injury problems since Rodgers left haven't been noticeably worse than those of other clubs? Almost as if it wasn't Seagrave's fault at all...

I also don't think they've improved that much either.

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Don't you find it interesting that our injury problems since Rodgers left haven't been noticeably worse than those of other clubs? Almost as if it wasn't Seagrave's fault at all...

I know but let me fish for some rep points man. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Ironically Milan is not the most exciting city - particularly for its size

No wonder he’s coming to Leicester then.

Give him a life’s supply of Walkers Crisps, Melton Mowbray Pork Pies and a Zizzi’s gift card, he’s sorted.

8 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Wilf is always good for a few months out in any season. Vardy has just turned 37. McAteer's injury happened during a game. Our key players have been available most of the time - eg Winks, whose previous injury record was poor, seems to be coping remarkably well with Seagrave. Rodgers' training methods (and he has form for this at other clubs) surely must have been a factor in our injury problems in recent years?

I'm hoping Enzo has improved things and that it was training methods or burden of the style of play and amount of games under a previous regime than our training ground but we still have ongoing injury issues. Other clubs quote possibly do, I'm biased that I only care about Leicester and feel we're always good for 4-5 injuries at any one time.

Gone completely full circle on this tbh. Didn't want him cause of his injury record, than having a read of this thread I thought "nah Enzo will get the best out of him and keep him fit hopefully" and then you look at the Inter fans comments under this post and I'm majorly doubtful again :D

• Haha 1

Let's say he wants 60K a week, and we give him a 2.5 year deal:

• 60k * 52 = 3.12M yearly salary before tax
  • 3.12M * 2.5 = 7.8M total wages over the duration of the contract.
  • Add in a £2M transfer fee, and then 10% (£200K) for a signing-on fee and you've got £2.2M
  • Add all that together and it's a £10M deal.

How much in total did Soumare cost? Dennis Praet? Harry Soutar? If you put it into that perspective, then if he was a total bust that played as much football as Ryan Bertrand, it's still not a total disaster. So overall, you could see why we might gamble on him. It could also be a 3.5 year deal, but on lower wages, etc. With this deal, you just have to accept that you are NOT making that 10M back even if the player smashes it.

PS: I am waiting to see how bad my maths is as other people check I've done the arithmetic correctly.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Let's say he wants 60K a week, and we give him a 2.5 year deal:

• 60k * 52 = 3.12M yearly salary before tax
  • 3.12M * 2.5 = 7.8M total wages over the duration of the contract.
  • Add in a £2M transfer fee, and then 10% (£200K) for a signing-on fee and you've got £2.2M
  • Add all that together and it's a £10M deal.

How much in total did Soumare cost? Dennis Praet? Harry Soutar? If you put it into that perspective, then if he was a total bust that played as much football as Ryan Bertrand, it's still not a total disaster. So overall, you could see why we might gamble on him. It could also be a 3.5 year deal, but on lower wages, etc. With this deal, you just have to accept that you are NOT making that 10M back even if the player smashes it.

PS: I am waiting to see how bad my maths is as other people check I've done the arithmetic correctly.

I don't think we'd pay him 60 bags a week. I think that's what he's been on at Inter. He's not getting that anywhere in Italy again or another European team bar the PL. 

I'd hope it was less up front as a wage and more in bonuses. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think we'd pay him 60 bags a week. I think that's what he's been on at Inter. He's not getting that anywhere in Italy again or another European team bar the PL. 

I'd hope it was less up front as a wage and more in bonuses. 

£35k I read at inter somewhere on this thread I think ?

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

We've also dropped down to a league where we aren't sprinting and pressing every blade of grass intensely. We aren't chasing games as much. 

Yes there are more games, but we're in control of the ball 60/70% of the time 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought it was €3.7m a season I'd read.

4 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

35k a week.  I also read it here.  So it must be true... 

6 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I suspect you’re correct, I could’ve sworn that someone wrote it somewhere?!

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-told-need-e3m-sign-midfielder-january-still-lot-work/

€2m a year - £33k a week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1