Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

Worth a punt if we can get at the right price his injury record from 2019 pretty much mirror's Harvey Barnes probably going to be used as back up we get a injury to winks we could be knackered plus he is versatile positional wise.

Edited by glos-fox

37 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

KDH and Mavadidi have scored quite a few. Hopefully Daka will be back soon and Vardy fit. I don't think we should be prioritising a striker in this window personally as I think we have enough fire power in the squad.

25 minutes ago, Scotch said:

KDH and Mavididi alone have scored two fewer goals than all four of our strikers combined...  I imagine the goals will continue to come from the same place that they have all season, our CM and wingers. 

So, if Cannon gets injured in training this week who would we select in the no. 9 position on Saturday? And subsequent games until our 37 year old Vardy is back? 

3 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Mavadidi - he's played there before at Montpellier, with Yunus or Albrighton on the wing. I just don't think we can go buy another forward, so that in a month's time we have 5 strikers vying for 1 position.

Still leaves us vulnerable for a crucial 4-6 weeks (and whilst we are still in the cup). I think it's another position to fill with a loan/option to buy in the summer as we are most likely to lose Iheanacho, Vardy, and Daka if we get a decent offer. 

32 minutes ago, Scotch said:

KDH and Mavididi alone have scored two fewer goals than all four of our strikers combined...  I imagine the goals will continue to come from the same place that they have all season, our CM and wingers. 

This is a bit misleading though because of the numbers of minutes people have played. Whilst its true we spread the goals out around the team and our CMs get a lot of chances, you've just said it yourself - our two best performing non-strikers combined have scored less goals than we have from the ST spot. And it's not like those four you're combining have been overlapping in minutes, they almost never appear on the pitch at the same time together.

Cannon, Daka, Vardy and Iheanacho have all scored more goals per 90 minutes than the rest of the squad (except Wanya, ha) - it is by far the highest performing position on the pitch for goals per 90. It's a bit of a myth that we aren't creating chances for them, that they aren't scoring or that they're underperforming. We just rotate our main number 9 more than any other "top" team in the league.

There are actually only 6 players in the squad who have scored more than 2 goals this season in the league and 3 of those are strikers and two of them could very much be considered "wide forwards." In fact, I'd argue KDH is a bit of an outlier, no other central midfielder comes close and nor do Yunus and Fatawu who, when playing out wide, typically operate deeper than Mavididi and take up the role of providers as opposed to Stephy who spends a lot of time as our most advanced player given our system is a little asymmetrical. 

In total, Cannon, Daka, Vardy and Iheanacho combined have scored 17 goals in 2352 minutes of Championship football for a return of a goal every 138.4 minutes.

KDH and Mavididi combined have also scored 17 goals but they've done so in 4132 minutes which is a goal every 243.1 minutes.

Or, if you want to look at all of our 8s & wide players combined that is: Wanya, Kasey, Stephy, Fatawu, Yunus, Ndidi, KDH, Casadei, Praet and Albrighton they've played (if I've counted this up correctly) 9212 minutes in the league with combined 28 goals which is one every 329 minutes.

Trust me. Our strikers are scoring goals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Still leaves us vulnerable for a crucial 4-6 weeks (and whilst we are still in the cup). I think it's another position to fill with a loan/option to buy in the summer as we are most likely to lose Iheanacho, Vardy, and Daka if we get a decent offer. 

We should only really get one this window if one leaves permanently/on loan as I really don’t think we can carry 5 strikers from Feb onwards when we only play with 1

There is a chance one or both of Iheanacho and Daka are back with us before the end of the month as well so would only be missing Cov, Ipswich and Hull/Birmingham

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I want answers on Dennis Praet. In fact he needs to front up and come and tell the public what on earth he's been doing. 

“Leicester will be back 💙” post incoming 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I want answers on Dennis Praet. In fact he needs to front up and come and tell the public what on earth he's been doing. 

Someone earlier in the thread made a joke about Matty James, at least his were 2/3 bad injuries… Praet genuinely can’t stay fit for more than 2 weeks without stubbing his toe. Bloke is a farce.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Someone earlier in the thread made a joke about Matty James, at least his were 2/3 bad injuries… Praet genuinely can’t stay fit for more than 2 weeks without stubbing his toe. Bloke is a farce.

It was me joking about Matty James, but you are right, Matty's injuries felt legitimate despite the frustration at the time, but I am at a loss with Praet. Can only conclude he is no longer willing to pay for us or has a genuine career ending injury, but that would surely be known by now. 

• Like 1

And I thought some of our fans were reactionary (from the inter forum, swears edited by yours truly).  On Sensi having no offers to date from other clubs: 

Of course he doesn’t.

Why the fvck would anyone be interested in this worthless piece of sh1t? He is garbage.

The only people who still think this guy is good are delusional inter fans who at this stage need to be labelled fvcking idiots, because it’s 2024 and we’re way past the point of giving this cvnt the benefit of any doubt

End his contract today… how the hell can anyone translate no club wanting this guy for even free, to we should risk losing more points by giving him playing time?

The Bologna game should have been everyone’s final straw

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

And I thought some of our fans were reactionary (from the inter forum, swears edited by yours truly).  On Sensi having no offers to date from other clubs: 

Of course he doesn’t.

Why the fvck would anyone be interested in this worthless piece of sh1t? He is garbage.

The only people who still think this guy is good are delusional inter fans who at this stage need to be labelled fvcking idiots, because it’s 2024 and we’re way past the point of giving this cvnt the benefit of any doubt

End his contract today… how the hell can anyone translate no club wanting this guy for even free, to we should risk losing more points by giving him playing time?

The Bologna game should have been everyone’s final straw

I like him already.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

So, if Cannon gets injured in training this week who would we select in the no. 9 position on Saturday? And subsequent games until our 37 year old Vardy is back? 

Aside from what others have said re Mavididi, I think Yunus could be perfect as a false 9 dropping deep, linking up with the wingers and #8s. I think his movement could be tricky for defenders to pick up too, pulling defenders out and leaving space behind them.

10 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Aside from what others have said re Mavididi, I think Yunus could be perfect as a false 9 dropping deep, linking up with the wingers and #8s. I think his movement could be tricky for defenders to pick up too, pulling defenders out and leaving space behind them.

There's absolutely zero chance of this. We've played a "false 9" for all of about 3 minutes this season out of necessity when seeing out a game we'd effectively already won. If memory serves it was one of the earlier games of the season, might even have been a cup game, and it was Praet?

Talked about this in the Cannon thread recently, we don't really "do" false 9. Contrary to what people keep parroting from one another, the idea that Enzo wants and needs some deep lying striker to drop in and get heavily involved creatively is a myth. 

If Cannon was hurt I'd be very surprised if one of the quicker wide forwards wasn't used as a makeshift 9 for a game or so, Mavididi and McAteer seem like the most obvious by skillset. 

I like Akgun but no chance we use the 5ft midget who lacks a bit of pace.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

A bit harsh (he's 5' 8") and not exactly slow

I mean yeah it's obvious hyperbole, albeit that's taller than I thought he was, but we're still quite clearly not going to play him down the middle as a lone striker.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean yeah it's obvious hyperbole, albeit that's taller than I thought he was, but we're still quite clearly not going to play him down the middle as a lone striker.

Only world class managers like Ben Petty use midgets as lone strikers :thumbup:

• Haha 1

Million, million and a half pound fee.  Worst case, he gets hurt -- and in that case, we can see him off without discussing a new contract.

Enzo wants him.  Get it done.