Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

9 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

Statute of Liberty 🗽 

The drive down Narborough Road onto Upperton Road, passing Lidl, Statue of Liberty & the eyesore student flats on Jarrom Street. I bet he doesn’t get picturesque drives like that in Milan. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So far this has been the season for surprising. Fatawu looked like an extreme risk and 18m seemed absurd, Harry Winks was regarded as underwhelming and uninspired, Mavididi raised a lot of eyebrows and FoxesTalk jizzed itself to death over Cesare Casadei. Haha.

There's no doubting that Sensi has a fantastic amount of talent, he's a much better player than Praet has ever been. Yes, he's had a difficult history with injuries and, sure, he's not good enough for Inter Milan. But we are where we are.

I can't get my head around people acting like 2m is anything other than bargain basement. Even for a Championship club these days, it's not a significant amount of money, especially given we're looking almost certainly on course to be back in the top flight again.

He's an experienced pro with a lot of ability, on his day he's not far off Champions League quality. He won't be under pressure to play every minute here and he gives us a good option.

I don't really see a significant issue with this transfer if I'm honest. Some of the reactions seem over the top.

Exactly boro just signed finn azaz for 2-3 Mill! This guys a high end Pro, only reason we are in with a sniff is injuries.  With wages it's probably a 6-7 mill gamble. Well worth it

40 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think the idea of this is for general cover across the midfield now N’didi has gone for a while. It’s an integral part of the season. He’s clearly a good player and has played at a high level for a long time, a level far above the championship. 

I don’t think integrating will be an issue, and Enzo will more than likely make him feel at ease. 

It will cover the winks position and potentially an attacking position too. Praet was probably the preferred option, but he’s as reliable as a pedal cycle with no wheels or pedals. 

For a couple of mill it’s low risk, and potentially could add a bit more quality in depth. 

Yes but to be effective "cover" you need to be available almost constantly and at short notice. He isn't that. 

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

If we pay 2m for a player with 6 months left who managed to play more than 800 league minutes once in 6 seasons we want shooting 

Stinks or us giving him a 2 year contract on decent money to sit in the treatment room.

I see your point, but £2m in today's game is peanuts. We paid a lot more for Coady who has been backup for us. It's a calculated risk to recruit a player of a higher caliber than what we'd otherwise be able to recruit.

If it's a relatively short term deal and we're not paying him the world, it's got to be a risk worth taking.

47 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think the idea of this is for general cover across the midfield now N’didi has gone for a while. It’s an integral part of the season. He’s clearly a good player and has played at a high level for a long time, a level far above the championship. 

I don’t think integrating will be an issue, and Enzo will more than likely make him feel at ease. 

It will cover the winks position and potentially an attacking position too. Praet was probably the preferred option, but he’s as reliable as a pedal cycle with no wheels or pedals. 

For a couple of mill it’s low risk, and potentially could add a bit more quality in depth. 

TBF this guy makes Praet seem like an ever-present.

He could turn out to be another Cambiasso or another Inler but 2m is a relatively small gamble if that's the fee.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

And this season? 

The issues with Sensi this season don’t really seem to be injury-related. Yeah, he had some minor issues earlier this season but he’s just not in Inter’s plans and simply not really being considered for selection.

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

He's been available for Inter for most of it but hasn't been picked because he's fallen down the pecking order. 

Fair enough, but I think with his injury record and Seagrave is a recipe for disaster. 

We're just about shot of the last crop of players on big wages that aren't contributing, hopefully he wouldn't be similar. 

The Yorkshire Post trying to make out we are buying the league & that it's not a level playing field with the headline of "Leeds United promotion rivals 'in talks' for £21 million midfielder" they don't even mention the €2m at anytime in the body of the article & that is what other clubs fans will just pick up on, the fact at somepoint in his career he was rated at 21m & ignore the fact they they could also buy him now for €2m.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Fair enough, but I think with his injury record and Seagrave is a recipe for disaster. 

We're just about shot of the last crop of players on big wages that aren't contributing, hopefully he wouldn't be similar. 

I doubt we'd be offering him mega wages and the very small transfer fee would make it a low risk move, financially speaking at least.

• Like 1