Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Coventry 3-1 Leicester City - Vote Now

Coventry 3-1 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.4

Total Average Rating

134 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Harry Winks 6.3
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Abdul Fatawu 3.0
  4. Manager Confidence 94% -4%

Season: 2023/24
Voting Starts: 13/01/24
Voting Ends: 18/01/24

1. Mads Hermansen
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Wout Faes
  4. Jannik Vestergaard
  5. James Justin
  6. Cesare Casadei
  7. Harry Winks
  8. Abdul Fatawu
  9. Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall
  10. Stephy Mavididi
  11. Tom Cannon
  12. Kasey McAteer (sub)
  13. Hamza Choudhury (sub)

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Really difficult to rate them, as a lot of them ended up doing stuff they aren't in the team to do.

That record is currently held by Luke Thomas I believe! 

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

Like putting in some guts??? 🤷

Sorry, I seem to have not made myself clear.

By "difficult to rate them" I meant "difficult to assign a realistic score" (and deffo not "difficult to praise them").

For instance, to pick a couple of examples, McAteer came on and hardly got a sniff, but worked incredibly hard.

Harry Winks was a defender most of the second half, but put a massive shift in.

My fault for expressing myself imprecisely.

16 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Again, very harsh on Fatawu. The amount of defending he is happy to do for this team is incredible, on a couple of occasions he's got it wrong. He'll learn thankfully. 

It's not harsh, we are judging on today's game. I think virtually everyone loves him and agrees he's fantastic, but he can't be given a good rating for today's match just because he's been brilliant prior.

Edited by Langston

13 minutes ago, Langston said:

It's not harsh, we are judging on today's game. I think virtually everyone loves him and agrees he's fantastic, but he can't be given a good rating for today's match just because he's been brilliant prior.

2.9 out of 10 not harsh? 

8 hours ago, weller54 said:

1's for the lot of them!..

And......

Enzo out!!

There's a man after my own heart. 

This team has consistently let us down at the big games over the last 18 months so it's difficult not to be extremely mardy after that.

Fatawu (brain dead), Enzo needed to make changes with much more agility i.e new legs on a regular basis, react when Robbins made subs etc - I think he showed that he may be a little one  dimensional and that he is still an inexperienced manager. 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

14 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

91% manager confidence. Unbelievable. 

This came up a long while ago, and it turned out there is a surprising amount of people who think you're meant to judge whether you want the manager to stay based on this one game alone - as if you've only got this one game to base your opinion on. I've got no idea why anyone would assume that to be the case, but there you go. That's why you get crazy results like this - crazy people 😜 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

There's a man after my own heart. 

This team has consistently let us down at the big games over the last 18 months so it's difficult not to be extremely mardy after that.

Fatawu (brain dead), Enzo needed to make changes with much more agility i.e new legs on a regular basis, react when Robbins made subs etc - I think he showed that he may be a little one  dimensional and that he is still an inexperienced manager. 

Here we go lost a local derby still 7 points ahead of the rest still top of the league,  9 games without defeat and its wake-up time for the arm chair managers to have their say.

20 hours ago, Langston said:

He put in a good defensive shift “today” (yesterday) while he was on the field. I distinctly recall one covering header on the back post (on which he was fouled) after our entire defense had been caught out, earning backslaps from Faes and the other defenders. In fact, his red came from trying to stop a break after we carelessly lost the ball, albeit a bit OTT -  although IMHO the optics were probably worse than the actual tackle, and on another day and under different circumstances (without just following the PK, more sensible officiating, etc.), more likely a yellow. Even on the Coventry fans’ forum, many thought it should’ve been a yellow.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

He put in a good defensive shift “today” (yesterday) while he was on the field. I distinctly recall one covering header on the back post (on which he was fouled) after our entire defense had been caught out, earning backslaps from Faes and the other defenders. In fact, his red came from trying to stop a break after we carelessly lost the ball, albeit a bit OTT -  although IMHO the optics were probably worse than the actual tackle, and on another day and under different circumstances (without just following the PK, more sensible officiating, etc.), more likely a yellow. Even on the Coventry fans’ forum, many thought it should’ve been a yellow.

Sorry but I simply don't think a ~3 average for someone who was sent off on 45 mins is that rough. 

2 hours ago, Langston said:

Sorry but I simply don't think a ~3 average for someone who was sent off on 45 mins is that rough. 

It may not be “rough” but still doesn’t negate from the fact that he put in a good defensive shift while he was on the pitch. It’s not as if FTers have ever been known to be hyperbolic or impulsive in their reactions. lol