Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

Things you never see anymore

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Clean streets in general 

The litter at the side of motorways and dual carriageways is obscene. 

No one gives a shit, do they?

I'm not having that in my car/truck/van/tractor. Lob it out the window. Not my problem anymore.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I'm not having that in my car/truck/van/tractor. Lob it out the window. Not my problem anymore.

So much rubbish on the streets in London now. Yesterday saw a guy across the road from me pick up a delivery and just chuck the bag on the floor and eat his food. Then you get all the shit left outside houses. People leaving kids toys or even books ffs for people to take, which get wet and disintegrate all over the pavement.

If I were a new PM the first thing I'd do would be a massive cleaning blitz across the country. Would be pretty easy and cheap to do and would be so noticable. Easy popularity boost.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

I've noticed more and more instances where folk basically fly tip next to a litter bin. I guess their reasoning is it will be collected when the bin is emptied.

The dumping of houshold items just doesn't make sense, especially moreso in the city. The council have a free bulk waste collection service.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Parafox said:

Only conclusion I can arrive at is that too many people are thick, ignorant uncaring scum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I've noticed more and more instances where folk basically fly tip next to a litter bin. I guess their reasoning is it will be collected when the bin is emptied.

The dumping of houshold items just doesn't make sense, especially moreso in the city. The council have a free bulk waste collection service.

I do a lot of road cycling and pretty much every hedgerow and verge in the countryside has loads of filth in it.

We've developed a sneering, holier-than-thou attitude to the European nations; we seem to think we're much better and our country MUCH more beautiful.

Neither is true - we treat our beautiful countryside like crap and fill it up with plastic wastage, bottles of urine, empty food boxes and the like yet there are vast portions of our society who look down at the folk on the continent as somehow less cultured and refined.

Nowhere is perfect, true enough, but we seem to have a real penchant for filling our areas of natural beauty with crap and garbage. 

And the current climate if this were challenged a smart-phone would be out and there would be the recording of a full-scale melt down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I do a lot of road cycling and pretty much every hedgerow and verge in the countryside has loads of filth in it.

We've developed a sneering, holier-than-thou attitude to the European nations; we seem to think we're much better and our country MUCH more beautiful.

Neither is true - we treat our beautiful countryside like crap and fill it up with plastic wastage, bottles of urine, empty food boxes and the like yet there are vast portions of our society who look down at the folk on the continent as somehow less cultured and refined.

Nowhere is perfect, true enough, but we seem to have a real penchant for filling our areas of natural beauty with crap and garbage. 

And the current climate if this were challenged a smart-phone would be out and there would be the recording of a full-scale melt down. 

Go to most parks in Europe or capital city parks,

Councils and Peoples are proud of their environment & parks and are richly decorated through the seasons with flowers…Paris Parks one feels very comfortable or other towns presentations are just a natural event….

The Brit councils. Famous promenade gardens in the holiday towns

Torquay,Paighton, old beautiful Bournemouth,Grt.Yarmouth promenade

was full of floral displays,our own Abbey Park with boating lake and nice appointed

floral decorations. We can’t even keep our holiday gems to their post war beauty.

Italy,S.France, Germany,Holland,Czech stand proud even in their suberbia..

Why has the English ASBO taken over the streets…it was a coincidence why I left and stayed away ,and become an expat. But I have spoke to many various expats In

Europe..most is work or that adventure spirit related,but talk positively of their home. I haven’t yet in my years found one British expat that yearns for

that homeland…often “it’s a dump” and no pride or desire from Government or the peoples circles…Before or after covid,just because it’s right..wash your hands after work before meal :dunno:….A lot of sportsmen/women will automatically have a shower,but I used to see Brit acquaintances that wouldn’t have a good scrub down

especially on & over the weekend nights out….again:dunno:

Among my old friends new friends an automatic duty.

The drink culture in UK,through all classes is “krank” I played Rugby & participated in Athletics, we played hard drank hard,but we controlled our limits…The British young and old …sorry louts,when visiting now my European neighbours is quite embarrassing…Though I have met some not scouts younger groups,who can drink,but saunted into France away from their own drunkard countrymen in Spain

While on holiday ..TV loose women discussing their tipple nearly everyday as a normal expected nuance..and seemed to take pride in getting clobbered.

My German wife didn’t or couldn’t drink any Vinzer or Kneipe dry,but she was happy over evenings in the company  of beer drinkers,her farming hard working brothers,.

She knew and trusted that her brothers and me knew our boundaries…

The Brits seem to have lost the whole bloody location

• Like 1

On 12/03/2024 at 11:46, fuchsntf said:

Go to most parks in Europe or capital city parks,

Councils and Peoples are proud of their environment & parks and are richly decorated through the seasons with flowers…Paris Parks one feels very comfortable or other towns presentations are just a natural event….

I've mentioned before on this subject, that I witnessed around 8 German lads laughing and joking around a park bench when I was over there a few years ago. I noticed that they were dropping their food wrappers, drink cans and so on on the grass.

Just as I tut tutted to myself, thinking they were just like folk back home, they left the park picking up every single item they had dropped.

You can guess the response I've received when challenging litter droppers on these shores.

On 12/03/2024 at 10:43, foxile5 said:

It amazes and disgusts me that some of these morons travel to beauty spots and I assume they want to enjoy said location because it is scenic then leave all sorts of rubbish behind. What if anything goes through their  tiny minds 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

It amazes and disgusts me that some of these morons travel to beauty spots and I assume they want to enjoy said location because it is scenic then leave all sorts of rubbish behind. What if anything goes through their  tiny minds 

'I'm more important than this; I don't need to remove my rubbish'.

Consequence free society, Britain. Nobody is accountable for their own behavior.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

'I'm more important than this; I don't need to remove my rubbish'.

Consequence free society, Britain. Nobody is accountable for their own behavior.

A common response is "it gives someone a job"

On 11/03/2024 at 23:55, bovril said:

So much rubbish on the streets in London now. Yesterday saw a guy across the road from me pick up a delivery and just chuck the bag on the floor and eat his food. Then you get all the shit left outside houses. People leaving kids toys or even books ffs for people to take, which get wet and disintegrate all over the pavement.

If I were a new PM the first thing I'd do would be a massive cleaning blitz across the country. Would be pretty easy and cheap to do and would be so noticable. Easy popularity boost.

I seen a woman emptying bread into the river and then she just lobbed the plastic bag in the water afterwards, pure ****ery

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

A common response is "it gives someone a job"

Local to where I am school kids often leave bagfulls of shite on the local cricket ground.

Any form of criticism and the parents are vitriolic in defence. 'Oh they're just kids; they need to let off steam' etc.

It's a taught entitlement and probably a generation or two old. I don't think it fixes.

27 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Local to where I am school kids often leave bagfulls of shite on the local cricket ground.

Any form of criticism and the parents are vitriolic in defence. 'Oh they're just kids; they need to let off steam' etc.

It's a taught entitlement and probably a generation or two old. I don't think it fixes.

Staggering that parents think like this.  Don't care about anything that is not directly theirs. Mind some of these morons would turn paradise into a crap hole

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Staggering that parents think like this.  Don't care about anything that is not directly theirs. Mind some of these morons would turn paradise into a crap hole

It's not just thinking it but also vocally defending it.

It's no wonder the country is a shit hole. If you challenge people yakking shit on the floors you're just going to get abused. 

I think it's deeper than rubbish and general laziness. As a nation we've allowed the less intelligent to become more vocal and have added footing in society. Very much an anti-intellectual society driven by narcissism. 

Don't like what someone is saying? Get online. Get hostile. Insist you are the most important factor. Receive validation.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I've mentioned before on this subject, that I witnessed around 8 German lads laughing and joking around a park bench when I was over there a few years ago. I noticed that they were dropping their food wrappers, drink cans and so on on the grass.

Just as I tut tutted to myself, thinking they were just like folk back home, they left the park picking up every single item they had dropped.

You can guess the response I've received when challenging litter droppers on these shores.

Problem is.. not lads, but mothers & Fathers in front of their kids in England

On 12/03/2024 at 10:43, foxile5 said:

Europeans are defo far less cultured, and Europe is an eyesore and a dump. With the exception of the Spanish. 
But yeh the all out dump this country has become is noticeable, 3rd world levels. Sad that we’ve regressed to the level of the French 

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Europeans are defo far less cultured, and Europe is an eyesore and a dump. With the exception of the Spanish. 
But yeh the all out dump this country has become is noticeable, 3rd world levels. Sad that we’ve regressed to the level of the French 

We were swimming in a lake close to where I live and there were several families from a specific country that were having some giant picnic together. Lots of kids. They were having fun and after they ate a few of the mum’s were taking their babies into the lake to wash them.. we soon figured out they were taking the nappys off and dumping the nappys in the lake.  It was eye opening- The  cultural difference. It seemed a very normal thing for them to do.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

There you go…..

30 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Cyclists with lights *

*im talking these bloody delivery bikes 

Absolute scourge of our cities (along with Uber drivers). To make matters worse, none of them are in control of those f****g ridiculous electric bicycles and they all insist on dressing like ninjas/SWAT team members/SAS soldiers. A balaclava to deliver a KFC family bucket in July?  Righto. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1