Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

Things you never see anymore

Just now, leicsmac said:

Would agree with that too. There certainly has been a backslide in that regard in the last decade in places including the UK, but times are still steadily getting better overall IMO - that's just a hunch on my part though.

I wish I shared your optimism, and I never thought I'd post that in a reply to you of all posters lol 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Royston. said:

i know Lynx Africa is still around but what about the other old ones like INCA and........actually i cant remember any more but did they just stop making them?

I’m assuming they discontinued a load. 

This year was the first time I didn’t receive a Lynx Africa shower gel / deodorant set in about the past 20 years at Christmas. I’m assuming this is due to the demise of Wilkinsons. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I’m assuming they discontinued a load. 

This year was the first time I didn’t receive a Lynx Africa shower gel / deodorant set in about the past 20 years at Christmas. I’m assuming this is due to the demise of Wilkinsons. 

Every cloud has a silver lining etc.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bovril said:

Street sweepers. Never see them any more. Not sure if that's due to Tory cuts or the fact I don't go clubbing til the early hours any more.

I thought so until I saw one in Hinckley the other day. I'm assuming you mean a mechanical one and not and not a Trigger one

b79dbf9ff3d24a25c034a37b40049564.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

I thought so until I saw one in Hinckley the other day. I'm assuming you mean a mechanical one and not and not a Trigger one

Yeah the mechanical ones.

The noise just makes me think of coming out of a club in the very early morning, or being up early somewhere in Europe to get a train or bus somewhere. 

14 hours ago, MPH said:

it’s an odd one that’s for sure!

id assume you only need a license if you actually watch the tv and not have it stored away somewhere..

I think you need a license for one if it's capable of receiving TV broadcasts. Even if it's stored but is capable of working

13 hours ago, davieG said:

Back in the 90s, in london, a professional sweep taught me to turn my brush upside down (ie bristle ends facing forward) and to slide it along on the wooden part of the brush head - so it lasts longer but also reduces the amount of stuff that goes underneath.

428332429_808080078013070_70761598213493

Did you get washed in the kitchen sink as a child?   
It was often more economical to fill the sink rather than the bath as there wasn't always  hot water to be had.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, davieG said:

It was often more economical to fill the sink rather than the bath as there wasn't always  hot water to be had.

No, but oddly enough the other day i remembered that we didn't have bubble bath but washing up liquid.

• Haha 1

On 21/02/2024 at 18:37, davieG said:

Sink?

You were lucky to 'ave a sink. We used to 'ave a wash in the gutter...

On 21/02/2024 at 18:37, davieG said:

We still do this now as our boy is small. Seems pointless filling the bath.

On 20/02/2024 at 06:49, Chiltern Fox said:

Lynx did oriental and musk too. Both I remember well.

There was Spice in a green can and my favourite.Amber.Wasn’t keen on Musk.

The Euro equivalent was called Axe and I think they had a couple of different flavours.Might be wrong.