Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

Things you never see anymore

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Daggers said:

No. But I was taken to hospital for stitches when I ran back in from playtime, slipped and dived headfirst into the milk crate. 

I don't know whether to  lol or  :(.

There were times when we had rumours that there weren't enough bottles, it having happened once and used to cause a mad rush with desks and chairs going flying people falling over, like it used to be when we scored a goal down Filbo as everyone rushed to get a bottle.

• Haha 1

On 16/05/2024 at 11:56, davieG said:

I don't know whether to  lol or  :(.

There were times when we had rumours that there weren't enough bottles, it having happened once and used to cause a mad rush with desks and chairs going flying people falling over, like it used to be when we scored a goal down Filbo as everyone rushed to get a bottle.

I  think I was amongst the very last (51) to get those little bottles of milk (warm in the summer)

Mrs T put a stop that…. Thatcher the milk snatcher 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I  think I was amongst the very last (51) to get those little bottles of milk (warm in the summer)

Mrs T put a stop that…. Thatcher the milk snatcher 

I had milk at school (I'm now 42).   Don't know if it was school funded, but it was ****ing horrible in summer

1 hour ago, filthyfox said:

I had milk at school (I'm now 42).   Don't know if it was school funded, but it was ****ing horrible in summer

Margaret Thatcher withdrew free school milk from children over seven in 1971

i only remember it in nursery school to be honest…. I think it was fully fazed out in the 80’s?

14 hours ago, ThurmastonFox said:

Multiple colours of toilet roll. All white these days. Gone are the days of walking down the toilet roll aisle in Co-op Thurmaston and there were blue, green, pink, yellow and some white. 

Remember coloured bathroom suites too? Looking back they were hideous.

To my eternal shame, I remember berating my dear old dad for having a new white suite back then.

He had taste, I didn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Margaret Thatcher withdrew free school milk from children over seven in 1971

i only remember it in nursery school to be honest…. I think it was fully fazed out in the 80’s?

Must have been a school funded thing.   I DEFINITELY had it in First School

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

To my eternal shame, I remember berating my dear old dad for having a new white suite back then.

He had taste, I didn't.

Fitted many a coloured bathroom suite a lot of them being whisper pink, grey, cream etc.. The worst by far where the dark brown ones they were disgusting. A lot of people used to have the plastic shelving around the baths as well to put all your bottles on. 

5 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

He had taste, I didn't.

3 hours ago, NAKC20 said:

Fitted many a coloured bathroom suite a lot of them being whisper pink, grey, cream etc.. The worst by far where the dark brown ones they were disgusting. A lot of people used to have the plastic shelving around the baths as well to put all your bottles on. 

I've seen a few grey baths lately in houses that have been completed overhaul where the whole house is all grey and white.

3 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

The Queen Of The Skies (747) are a dying breed. There is a 747-4 that seems to be in out of East Midlands daily at the moment. Eventually they’ll be no more.

Yep. Airline industries prefer a stiletto to a warhammer these days. Range and efficiency over size.