Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Out of Contract Summer 24 …… let’s get excited about nothing.

Maybe time to potentially starting looking at the summer transfer window.

With FFP having such a massive impact upon clubs, maybe we’ll start to utilise the free agents, as players run down contracts.

This way, they’ll get the massive signing bonus, rather the clubs getting transfer fees. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

Some interesting names on that list that we’ve been linked to previously.

Josh Brownhill, Gabriel Barbosa, Alex Meret, Nicolas Pepe, Felipe Anderson etc

Given our potentially to fill 6 or 7 gaps, we aren’t splurging money on all players with our potential FFP status on the edge. So you’d likely think we’ll be dipping our toe into this pool. 

End of 2024 rather than in the summer has some South American lads I've suggested before, Valentin Gomez, Aravena, Juan Sforza. Sebastián Cáceres is also out of contract in December. Roger Fernandes from Braga in the summer is an interesting one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ryy said:

I’d love it but he flopped massively at Inter

Look, he absolutely might never come back to Europe and thrive. True. And he's never coming to Leicester in a million years. 

But he's a long, long way now from the kid that went to Inter with too big a reputation to live up to. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Reckon he could cut it in the prem?

Jury is out, I do rate him and he'd be a relatively risk free punt as long as we looked to pay him a larger signing on fee up front than have him on a salary that should he not be good enough, we can't offload him back to the Championship very easily.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, surrifox said:

Or perhaps if everyone else is constricted ( apart from the usual suspects to whom the rules don’t apply) then the price of players will come down and we won’t be in a position of paying out £30 mill + for garbage like Slimani and Silva 

That's what I'm thinking. Everyone's affected, so the market just needs a bit of time to settle and adjust. I expect we'll see clubs spend a lot less for a while, and any club trying to sell a player will have to accept that they're not likely to get what they might once have been offered. The money they do get will go further, though.

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

This post from Sensi’s wife strongly suggests to me that he will come in the summer.

IMG_0318.jpeg

Nice one Rudkin, Sensi's wife's crying

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

This post from Sensi’s wife strongly suggests to me that he will come in the summer.

IMG_0318.jpeg

Hmmm I would read that as a different 'place' than Milan or Leicester in that case...

21 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

IMG_0318.jpeg

She obviously really enjoyed the tour around Nottingham that the rest of the new signings get ;) 

On 06/02/2024 at 06:28, Tommy Fresh said:

End of 2024 rather than in the summer has some South American lads I've suggested before, Valentin Gomez, Aravena, Juan Sforza. Sebastián Cáceres is also out of contract in December. Roger Fernandes from Braga in the summer is an interesting one.

Caceres is an interesting one. Linked before if I remember correctly, no idea how credible it was though.

36 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I won’t believe we can sign anyone until we can get rid of the players that have been on the books for so long.

It will naturally happen in the summer, when we the 20m per annum drops off the wage bill with so many contracts expiring. 

I guess that is why we are waiting for this season to finish, before reviewing our position. 

It is a market we need to do more in, especially in light of how appalling we are at moving players on when we no longer want them.

Saving on transfer fees can help alleviate some of that burden and possibly make it more attractive for buyers, obviously we need to continue to lower our wage bill too.

Some realistic targets from outside the top leagues:

Luka Ilic - Troyes

Callum O'Hare - Coventry

Nico Melamed - Espanyol

Nathan Wood - Swansea (inverted full back candidate)

Harrison Burrows - Peterborough (LCB/inverted full back candidate)

Bence Dardai - Hertha Berlin

Gabriel Misehouy - Ajax (huge talent and is leaving this summer which is a big surprise)

Sinclair Armstrong - QPR (I'm convinced he's a superstar in the making. Seen flashes of it this season)

Pedro Santos - Benfica