Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ElusiveEd

Brendan Making The Headlines It Seems

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Should be moved to General Sport. 

This supercilious little pr*ck has nothing to do with our football club thankfully. 

TBH, I found it hard to even type his name. 

Detest the man! 

Was reading the comments after the article. 

One mentions on multiple times, and I actually remember him saying it to the likes of our RL interviewers, "Good Man" at the end of post match chats as he walks on to the next one.

Reckon it's just a thing he says but obviously being a female interviewer the woke feminist brigade have jumped all over it and made it suit their agenda.

Edited by ElusiveEd
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Context and nuance matters though doesn't it? 

Even in a vacuum "Good man" and "Good girl" are not equivalent phrases are they? Because it's man vs woman and boy vs girl isn't it? He wouldn't sign off an interview saying "Good boy" would he? 

Then the context is clear, in most interviews him saying "Good Man" is just like a 'thanks' or 'cheers mate' - a perfunctory way of signing off the interview in a somewhat amiable way

In this interview he was obviously riled up by his perception of an 'agenda' against him and his team and was annoyed at the interviewer pursuing a line of questioning he wasn't happy with. He basically said 'right we're done here' to finish the interview and when she stopped he said "good girl" So him saying "Good girl" clearly wasn't an equivalent to saying "good man" 

It was condescending, sexist and intended as 'well done for doing what you're told' 

You know what, that is actually how I feel about it and my above post was looking at it from another way when remembering his previous interviews when with us, but your (Very eloquent btw) post sums it, him and the situation up perfectly.

`Nothing pleases me more than seeing this odious toad exposing his true colours.

But what I hate in life generally these days and what really drags society down are the usual suspects just itching to pounce on anything to suit a (usually) woke agenda and being "horrified" and "offended" by every little thing.

Edited by ElusiveEd

4 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

Seems the media aren't as patient with him in Scotland as they are in England. 

The focus on two clubs there means he can’t get away with it us much as he did here.

Don’t care whether you think this is ‘woke’ or not… the important thing is this bloke is getting dragged. Our fans and media let him off the hook, so I’m all for him being castigated here. About time. 

• Like 1

He still owes me £50 (ticket money) for making the Brentford game his own little personal protest to the board instead of the football match it claimed to be on the ticket. Oh and then there's the £120 million or whatever he owes to the club for what those two dropped points cost them ultimately.

• Like 3

Haha can't help himself. Sexist is pushing it a bit, but he's definitely a condescending nob. Absolutely love it, hope she's back at it again roasting him next week lol

I still find it mad how many people here adored the man and defended him when it was plain to see he's clearly a massive narcissist.

• Like 2

The reporter knows she was poking the bear the bear snarled back.. she was unfazed by his comment and now people are jumping on the bandwagon and making it into something bigger than it should be,

Im no fan of Rodgers... i wanted him gone for about a year before he left but this feels like  a non story to me.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MPH said:

The reporter knows she was poking the bear the bear snarled back.. she was unfazed by his comment and now people are jumping on the bandwagon and making it into something bigger than it should be,

Im no fan of Rodgers... i wanted him gone for about a year before he left but this feels like  a non story to me.

Her being unfazed or not is kinda irrelevant. What he said was sexist and condescending either way. I think it's quite illuminating about his character...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Her being unfazed or not is kinda irrelevant. What he said was sexist and condescending either way. I think it's quite illuminating about his character...

I just  think he was having a dig back.

Non story.  Can’t be worse that Pearson telling fans to FOAD surely? 

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

I just  think he was having a dig back.

Non story.  Can’t be worse that Pearson telling fans to FOAD surely? 

Who was making that comparison either way? That's some weird whataboutism. 

Brendan Rodgers, said "good girl" in an insulting, condescending, sexist manner. That's a fact. 

How big a story it is, or should or should be is a different conversation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Who was making that comparison either way? That's some weird whataboutism. 

Brendan Rodgers, said "good girl" in an insulting, condescending, sexist manner. That's a fact. 

How big a story it is, or should or should be is a different conversation. 

calm down chap lol . It was me making a comparison. I wasn’t accusing anyone of making the comparison.

and  no, that’s not aFact he said it in that way, it’s an opinion. 

I don’t condone sexism in anyway, but she’s an experienced journalist, she knew exactly what she was doing in poking the bear..

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

calm down chap lol . It was me making a comparison. I wasn’t accusing anyone of making the comparison.

and  no, that’s not aFact he said it in that way, it’s an opinion. 

I don’t condone sexism in anyway, but she’s an experienced journalist, she knew exactly what she was doing in poking the bear..

I wouldn't say that asking questions the fans want answered is "poking the bear." 

If I was a Celtic fan, I'd be pretty raging at some of the stuff he was saying in that interview. Stuff like "even a draw wouldn't have been a bad result because a 4 point gap isn't that much" and would have 100% wanted him pressed on it.