Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Chelsea Away - Pre-Match Thread

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We'll play reasonably well and they'll knock us out in quite gutting circumstances late on I think.

Don’t. Not again. This is what my Chelsea season ticket holder mate texted me as soon as the draw was made,

‘Where’s Erland Johnson when u need him?’

I’m still not over it. 

• Like 2

On 09/03/2024 at 17:56, moore_94 said:

Be interesting to see how he goes for this

"full strength" or rotate heavily again

Hopefully he rotates as our full strength team are mingbeast at the minute. 

35 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

The opportunity of an FA cup semi should be taken seriously. Why would we wrap our players in cotton wool. Ridiculous!

Because we’re one Winks or KDH injury from complete meltdown…

• Like 3

I would absolutely rest players for this one which would give them more than a 2 week break 

It's imperative that we get out best team out for the last 9 league games now and I'd go so far to say that if Wilf and Ricky play in all games we go up 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 1

Vesty has played one game in two weeks, then gets another

rest, he’ll start, Hamza will start, Coady, Stella, in goal, Doyle, Kel, N’didi, needs game time, then it’s perm five from ten to complete the team…..he knows the side already….

Of the 20 players in the squad for the Hull game, I can’t see a single one of them who will start and play a full 90 minutes of international football after this game. All of the players are getting a good 2 week rest.

I would go as strong as possible minus Vardy - who at his age will need a break.

We don’t want to fall into the trap of having players not match fit, because they haven’t played for 3 weeks.

I would keep Stolarczyk in goal through, he has been brilliant in the cup and will need more games.

For this I’d go:

Stolarczyk 

Choudhury

Vestergaard 

Coady

Doyle

Winks

Ndidi - get 60 minutes into him

KDH 

Fatawu

Daka

Marcal - (Mavididi does look dead on his feet)

Bench: Hermansen, Souttar, Nelson, Yunus, Justin, Iheanacho, Albrighton, Cannon, Cover

Chelsea’s only chance of redemption. Pressure will be all on them. Think we put out a mixed side but nowhere near our strongest on paper. Really tough game. It might be more interesting than some think. 

11 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Last time we rested the whole first team, against Bournemouth, they followed up with that QPR debacle of a performance. Fat lot of good rotation and rest did for us that day. Play the best side possible and give it a real shot at reaching Wembley again. 

We lost Ricky after that game 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Chelsea’s only chance of redemption. Pressure will be all on them. Think we put out a mixed side but nowhere near our strongest on paper. Really tough game. It might be more interesting than some think. 

Good point and the term strongest on paper is the thing that is catching us out at the moment. Personally don't think that our first choice is the best right now and I for one couldn't tell you which 11 would give us the best combination. Even our goalie isn't automatic for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

I for one couldn't tell you which 11 would give us the best combination. Even our goalie isn't automatic for me.

Really? I'd have thought if there's any position where first and best choice is obvious, it's goalkeeper!

48 minutes ago, BertFill said:

Really? I'd have thought if there's any position where first and best choice is obvious, it's goalkeeper!

Well yes 100% but Bournemouth in the cup had me thinking again....I think all players need a reality check/break.

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Last time we rested the whole first team, against Bournemouth, they followed up with that QPR debacle of a performance. Fat lot of good rotation and rest did for us that day. Play the best side possible and give it a real shot at reaching Wembley again. 

Bit I'd argue what is our strongest team right now? Plenty of players knackered/out of form. 

I'd go a bit stronger than vs Bournemouth but the key to getting at Chelsea is by defending exceptionally and being very energetic. 

I'd have the likes of KDH and Mavididi to come on rather than start and Wout Faes would be nowhere near the match day squad, bloke needs a huge wake up call.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bit I'd argue what is our strongest team right now? Plenty of players knackered/out of form. 

I'd go a bit stronger than vs Bournemouth but the key to getting at Chelsea is by defending exceptionally and being very energetic. 

I'd have the likes of KDH and Mavididi to come on rather than start and Wout Faes would be nowhere near the match day squad, bloke needs a huge wake up call.

Agree 100%. Main thing for me is that we show intent and take the game seriously. Think the Bournemouth performance shocked us all, and probably Enzo as well. Not so confident we can replicate that at Chelsea with the side he chose that day. But this is Leicester City we are talking about and who knows what could happen on the day? 

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Agree 100%. Main thing for me is that we show intent and take the game seriously. Think the Bournemouth performance shocked us all, and probably Enzo as well. Not so confident we can replicate that at Chelsea with the side he chose that day. But this is Leicester City we are talking about and who knows what could happen on the day? 

I think we'll bloody their nose, whether we get through is a tall order but we'll give then a right good go.

Hermansen

Cover

Coady

Vestergaard

Hamza

Ndidi

Winks

Yunus

Albrighton

Vardy

Wanya Marcal

Doyle deserves to play but I think he'd go Vestergaard and Coady as opposed to Coady and Nelson which would be a quicker pairing and enable us to use Doyle. 

• Like 2

Tough one. Of course we want to give it a good show and we do have a break after from a rest point of view. But the fact we lost Ricardo in the last cup game gives me doubt. 

Stolarczyk - he has earned his chance during the run

Hamza - not really got an alternative

Nelson - give Faes a kick up the backside

Coady - played well and I don’t think you play him with Vesty

Doyle

Winks (but peeping through fingers if he goes down as we would be in a mess without him)

Yunus (not sure Ndidi will be ready to start but definitely should play a part)

KDH (same as Winks above but what alternative do we have in these position

Fatawu

Cannon (see what he’s got and Vardy to come on later)

Marcal (give Stephy a break and see if Marcal can build on his last showing

It’s also about rewarding those who have played in the run so far. Particularly with Marcal and Stolarczyk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BertFill said:

I would disagree. Herms is probably better with his feet at close range. Stors better shot stopper, commands the area better and decent long range distribution. I don’t feel we are better or worse with either in the goal.