Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Chelsea Away - Pre-Match Thread

Four points off 7th with a game in hand and a mixed run in including Arsenal, Villa, Man Utd & West Ham, could Chelsea see the cup as their best chance for European Qualification?

Pressure all on them if so (not that we couldn't also do with as much extra revenue as possible right now).

16 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Four points off 7th with a game in hand and a mixed run in including Arsenal, Villa, Man Utd & West Ham, could Chelsea see the cup as their best chance for European Qualification?

Pressure all on them if so (not that we couldn't also do with as much extra revenue as possible right now).

It's also our best chance at European qualification!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

5-0 loss and Ndidi injured for the rest of the season vibes.

Ndidi needs to get 60 mins in his legs.

Coady and Vesty need to play together more.

Other than that we need to ensure most of the squad are fresh for the next championship fixture. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Ndidi needs to get 60 mins in his legs.

Coady and Vesty need to play together more.

Other than that we need to ensure most of the squad are fresh for the next championship fixture. 

The next fixture is 12 days after, so I think they'll be fine if they play

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fox42 said:

Field our strongest.

Not only do we want to win this game, but if we put a solid performance in, it would likely carry momentum forward into the business end of the season which is crucial.

And if we get stuffed👀

• Like 1

On 09/03/2024 at 19:30, FoxinNotts said:

Because getting promotion is too important. What would happen to our promotion push if Winks, Fatawu, Vardy, Ricardo, Nidid, KDH etc were to get long term injured, playing against Chelsea?

hel play half a team then cry is players are tired and more injurys for bristol game

It's a difficult one to call but I think we may well go full strength for the following reason.

Chelsea are very hit and miss and are beatable and our possession based football might just piss them off.

The players have had over a week since the last game to recover and they'll have 12 days until the Bristol Game. Plenty of time also to recover.

If we're out of it by half time pull a load of them off , But if we're still in it why not take the chance and stuff them again.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, filbertway said:

The next fixture is 12 days after, so I think they'll be fine if they play

Once again, famous last words on this thread..... Play the kids, Give our strongest players enough rest, they look absolutely out on their feet in recent weeks. Not the priority as been said many times before. Also we've got this far playing a different team, no reason to change.

8 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Once again, famous last words on this thread..... Play the kids, Give our strongest players enough rest, they look absolutely out on their feet in recent weeks. Not the priority as been said many times before. Also we've got this far playing a different team, no reason to change.

I really don't understand how they can be out on their feet when we play walking football, specifically for the reason of keeping them fresh. This was the huge bonus of our slow football. 

I'm pretty sure we just tired because that's the style of football we play tbh.

In reality we should get slapped by Chelsea if they play anything resembling a full strength team and look arsed about winning, which Poch has no reason not to. So it doesn't really matter who plays.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I really don't understand how they can be out on their feet when we play walking football, specifically for the reason of keeping them fresh. This was the huge bonus of our slow football. 

In reality we should get slapped by Chelsea if they play anything resembling a full strength team and look arsed about winning, which Poch has no reason not to. So it doesn't really matter who plays.

100% we need to have a good day and they need to have a bad day at office.

They are definitely beatable on the day as they have had plenty of bad days this season.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

They are definitely beatable on the day as they have had plenty of bad days this season.

I still can't get over how apathetic Bournemouth were in that game.

Millwall and Birmingham both ran a train over us in the first halves and I've no clue how we didn't concede 2 or 3 in the first half of both of those games. Bournemouth spent the first 15-20 minutes of our game watching Hamza and the cbs pass the ball around for fun.

I think our fortunes will very much depend on how Chelsea approach the game. If they're up for it and we rotate it should be a massacre. If they come in half arsed and don't respect us, then who knows.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Watched them play Newcastle Monday night.  I thought they were very good.  If he plays Cole Palmer was exceptional, Mudryk when he came on Newcastle couldn't handle his pace.  Am going looking forward to the game but I think we will get beat.  Afterall only Leicester could make Sterling look like prime Messi, Ronaldo, Rivaldo in one.

Edited by suffolk fox

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I still can't get over how apathetic Bournemouth were in that game.

Millwall and Birmingham both ran a train over us in the first halves and I've no clue how we didn't concede 2 or 3 in the first half of both of those games. Bournemouth spent the first 15-20 minutes of our game watching Hamza and the cbs pass the ball around for fun.

I think our fortunes will very much depend on how Chelsea approach the game. If they're up for it and we rotate it should be a massacre. If they come in half arsed and don't respect us, then who knows.

It's all about attitude and application of the talent.

Bournemouth drove me mad like most PL clubs, I think they have lost sight of why we play football, to win trophies.

Chelsea  are a young side, which seem to go from really good to really bad game to game.

We could be at our best and still get beat. For me let's just make them work for it, don't be a middlesbrough and be out of it after 15 minutes.

12 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Watched them play Newcastle Monday night.  I thought they were very good.  If he plays Cole Palmer was exceptional, Mudryk when he came on Newcastle couldn't handle his pace.  Am going looking forward to the game but I think we will get beat.  Afterall only Leicester could make Sterling look like prime Messi, Ronaldo, Rivaldo in one.

They were pretty good last night, but I've also seen the same players look poor.

For me it's about making the game close.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I think in theory this works, especially when we're winning comfortably because our slick passing should tire the opposition more than us. However I believe the grueling championship schedule coupled with the fact that we've not actually been winning games comfortably of late means that we're expending more energy. 4 of our last 5 games have been away too, Leeds, Bournemouth, Sunderland and Hull. It plays a part!

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

It's a difficult one to call but I think we may well go full strength for the following reason.

Chelsea are very hit and miss and are beatable and our possession based football might just piss them off.

The players have had over a week since the last game to recover and they'll have 12 days until the Bristol Game. Plenty of time also to recover.

If we're out of it by half time pull a load of them off , But if we're still in it why not take the chance and stuff them again.

middlesboro tried playing out from the back and got hammered.   we did it at anfield and got away with a few errors.  last few games we haven't looked v comfortable playing out and have resorted to being a bit more direct.

• Like 1

Bournmouth was my favorite Enzo performance, starting hungry fringe players, then feeding in selected 1st teamers worked perfectly. Every manager needs a combination of luck and judgement, why no try the same again?

• Like 2