Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Chelsea Away - Pre-Match Thread

52 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Memories to going 2 down against 10 men 

One of last season's many shambles! Chelsea doing the double over us when they were utter dross. Gave Potter one of his very few wins as well. 

I'm massively of the opinion it should be a sackable offence to lose to a team with less men on the field especially when Gallagher got sent off in the 28th minute. If you think about if that was us, we'd lose the game 3 or 4-0.

• Like 1

If Chelsea lose this, it could have quite massive consequences for them, especially Pochettino.

They're at their lowest ebb as a club for many years..

Think most of the football community want a LCFC win.

• Like 2

Just posted this to keep our relevant business…top priority talking point…

Other off field crap is there…but I have stopped wanting to take interest…

As a fan my priority is the game against Chelsea….

Then…Bristol City…

FFP has to sort itself out…

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

If Chelsea lose this, it could have quite massive consequences for them, especially Pochettino.

... even Dennis Wise.

8 hours ago, HereBeFoxes said:

****s sake. It’s football. It’s the FA cup. Play to win. Fight to win. Strongest team. We’re fans, we’re not the manager, the director of football, the finance director, it’s their jobs to think about complex ramifications - it’s ours to want the team to win and get behind them 100% to do so. 

All out to win it, I can’t see why we’d **** about thinking anything else. 

This is how every match we play regardless, should be approached, completely agree with everything you've said, and sets an excellent tone throughout the team.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

They should hammer us really.

Hoping for a bit of cup magic though - Could be a bit of a catalyst for the rest of the season. :fc:

I don't think they have it in them to hammer anyone at the minute.

It'll be high scoring though, could see a 3-2 or 3-3 going to ET easily. 

Both defences aren't exactly sound lol 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I don't think they have it in them to hammer anyone at the minute.

It'll be high scoring though, could see a 3-2 or 3-3 going to ET easily. 

Both defences aren't exactly sound lol 

Hopefully you're right.

To be fair, Leeds gave them a game at their place last month - Middlesborough on the other hand, did not!

Chelsea were the better team in the cup final recently as well, but still lost. Never know what you're going to get from them.

1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

They should hammer us really.

Hoping for a bit of cup magic though - Could be a bit of a catalyst for the rest of the season. :fc:

They had a good win against Newcastle but I'm hoping the Enzo way will be there downfall.

• Haha 1

I think a team selection somewhere between our league normal 11 and Bournemouth is the way to go. Agreed that those not playing internationals should probably start. Give some game time to the likes of Coady and Doyle. One we're expected to lose but can give them a scare and maybe catch them on an off day.

And if you want a league benefit then there's the confidence factor but also that it would properly **** up the game scheduling for Saints.

I'm expecting to lose, so if we win it will be a pleasant, unexpected, (but a Leicester thing to do suprise), that would be very welcome at the moment, considering our last few matches haven't  been great.

7 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Hopefully you're right.

To be fair, Leeds gave them a game at their place last month - Middlesborough on the other hand, did not!

Chelsea were the better team in the cup final recently as well, but still lost. Never know what you're going to get from them.

As with most Premiership teams they have individuals that can turn a match in an instant despite being a shambolic club all season. Would play the majority of the side that earned us this tie at Bournemouth. Match is a free shot, just avoid a heavy defeat which allows the notion we are imploding at the sharp end of the season.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HereBeFoxes said:

****s sake. It’s football. It’s the FA cup. Play to win. Fight to win. Strongest team. We’re fans, we’re not the manager, the director of football, the finance director, it’s their jobs to think about complex ramifications - it’s ours to want the team to win and get behind them 100% to do so. 

All out to win it, I can’t see why we’d **** about thinking anything else. 

Exactly. What is the point of entering the competition if you're not going to go for it in the quarterfinals? It's not like we are going up against Man City or Liverpool. It's a mid table PL team, barely better than the Bournemouth team we've already beaten. Why not go for it?

This is a chance to do something special. Push the chips all in. 

Edited by Detroit Blues
  • Like 2

Guest leatherhead32
23 hours ago, Wymsey said:

id guess ponch would be a goner , decent bloke tbf but still not won a trophy in england has he?  but time on side . would think frank lampard be a good replacement AGAIN  

Stolarczyk 

Nelson

Coady

Doyle

Hamza

Raikhy

Albrighton

Yunus

Marcel

Abdul

Cannon.

Cant afford to lose any key players, those who want us to go full strength need to just have a sit down and think about the potential fatal consequences of not getting promotion. This needs to be our complete priority, our position is perilous and it’s extremely concerning that some fans are genuinely wanting us to go for this… the FA cup isn’t going anywhere, it will still be there next season and the season after that, this is not the time to be nostalgic and fall for the love of the cup, likelihood is we’re not going to win anyway, we could well end up coming off the top of the table this weekend too , which will further increase the pressure on us going into the final game of the season. 

Take no risks, get through the game without losing any players and then forget about it. 

We’ve got 9 cup finals coming up anyway, and we need absolutely everything to throw at those. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Let’s go strong no better chance to go the Semi finals and we might draw the winners of Coventry / Wolves.

I keep reading this but is our perceived strongest team actually our best team right now given we've been struggling when they've played and their record against better sides is suspect. 

Our fringe team perhaps don't have the same issues with form and mentality but it's probably coincidence.

I'd go somewhere between the two, there's definite players who need dropping.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I keep reading this but is our perceived strongest team actually our best team right now given we've been struggling when they've played and their record against better sides is suspect. 

Our fringe team perhaps don't have the same issues with form and mentality but it's probably coincidence.

I'd go somewhere between the two, there's definite players who need dropping.

Strongest possible team, the likes of Winks / Ndidi should be involved.

• Like 1