Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Chelsea Away - Pre-Match Thread

No reason not to go strong for this:

Hermansen

Hamza Coady Vestegaard Doyle

Winks

Ndidi.       KDH

Fatawu.                               Akgun

Vardy

15 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Because getting promotion is too important. What would happen to our promotion push if Winks, Fatawu, Vardy, Ricardo, Nidid, KDH etc were to get long term injured, playing against Chelsea?

It’s very unlikely 6 players will get long term injuries in 1 game 

• Haha 1

On 09/03/2024 at 19:30, FoxinNotts said:

Because getting promotion is too important. What would happen to our promotion push if Winks, Fatawu, Vardy, Ricardo, Nidid, KDH etc were to get long term injured, playing against Chelsea?

Let's just not train. Tell them to stay at home too, and get deliveries only. Avoid sex and DIY. Anything to avoid missing out on Premier League coin. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's a quarter final with an international break after. Go for it. 

This is where Enzo Needs to put out a Full first team squad go for Chelsea’s Jugular we’ve beaten them before we can do it again put Vards up against them they’re bound to foul him in the box, trouble is the Schitt officials will probably be on Chelsea’s side for this one we’ll get the craziest ref going and schitt VAR decision!!

4 hours ago, bovril said:

Let's just not train. Tell them to stay at home too, and get deliveries only. Avoid sex and DIY. Anything to avoid jeopardising missing out on Premier League coin. 

Great comment 🤣👍

30 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Do the coaches stop for a bevvy or two on the way down?

They’re usually with Enzo and the rest of the lads so I doubt it. 

• Haha 3

From what I've read it's worth almost a minimum of £1m in prize money if we are to make the semi-finals; £450k for winning the quarter final, £500k for losing the semi final.

There's also a 1/4 share of 58.5% of the total semi final gate receipts (if rules are the same as a couple of years ago). 

If we were to get to the final then it's worth a minimum of £2.45m should we lose the final. It's worth £3.45m if we were to win the thing. 

These aren't astronomical numbers, and of course there may well be bonuses to be paid too, but financially it may be important for us to give it a go - and we should give it a go anyway in my opinion. It's probably unlikely we'll get through, but it would surely be madness to go there and field a side more likely to get battered. 

• Like 1

On 09/03/2024 at 18:13, FoxinNotts said:

I’d tweak our usual shape slightly, I’d go:

Hermansen.

Coady.      Souttar.    Nelson

Albrighton   Hamza     Cover.     J Justin.

Akgun.

Iheanacho.           Daka.

Never Going To Happen my friend. 

• Like 1

Would start relatively strong, and then utilise the bench for once! 

Stolarczyk       
 Nelson - Vestergaard - Doyle 

Hamza - Winks 

Fatawu - Ndidi - KDH - Wanya 

Vardy 

Hermansen / Coady / Faes / Justin / Albrighton / Yunus / Mavididi / Cannon / Daka