Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) Match-Thread

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

If we had Vardy we would be winning this imo 

You forget all of those awful displays where Vardy did next to nothing? 

We lack a defence. 

We took Ndidi off and worth the red card, invited pressure and fell apart. 

Justin was horrible once on.

Akgun offered nothing, I’d have pulled him rather than Mavididi.

Vestergaard can’t press high but is still our best defender.

Faes can get sold. We miss Ricardo as Choudhury isn’t a full back.

Jacob had a good game. 

Other than that, all good! 

5 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

They’re a bottom half prem team like cov beat yesterday, without palmer they’d be ever lower

Good job they've got him and he played today then.

You might as well talk about what would have happened if they'd given Dmitri Kharine the gloves today.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Yeah just hand em the game. Fair enough

What is the alternative though? It was our only realistic chance after the red. We were the better team in the second half until that. 

5 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Yes but they aren’t going anywhere in this league so I think we need one ☝️ for him and the other two are a lot better for the squad but I don’t know what to expect in this squad and we have to wait for him and we will have a good squad to make the yopye squad for him and I hope 🤞 they get the best player in this season so he doesn’t go anywhere and get the job he wants but he deserves it so he can be done for now so he can go and get the club but we obviously 🙄 and he will get a better chance to be the club but we don’t have the same amount for him and he can get him but he can 👌 and I hope 🤞 so he will get it all right then he will have the money 💴 and then he’ll have the best players probably the players are pretty good for him is what he has a great season ahead so yeah 

How drunk am I?

2 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

They’re a bottom half prem team like cov beat yesterday, without palmer they’d be ever lower

They are not like Wolves at all, they may be crap at the minute compared to normal but this is just silly. 

• Like 1

We were pretty awful 1st half. 

2nd half I was impressed though, until we went down to 10 then we were waiting for the inevitable.

I questioned our fight and desire yesterday when I saw what Cov did, I need to eat abit of humble pie, we shown abit today and fair play.

I'm not glad we lost, far from it, but i'm abit relived, we'd have not beat Cov in the next round (Should we have drawn them), we just wouldn't, not got it in us and I couldn't handle that, which is a disgusting thing to say.

Also, we can now go away, rest up and come back fully focused on finishing the job in the league. No excuses from here on in.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Jonathan Pearce & Martin Keown - the absolute pits.

We did ok overall but let not forget yes they are Chelsea but they're mid table Prem .

Cole Palmer looks like his dad is his uncle too and  if he wasn't a footballer he's be smoking soap bar outside lock up garages. 

Standard fayre from Pearce. Not sure what Keown's done wrong. Thought his comments throughout were fair, and whilst staying neutral, you could tell he wanted Leicester.

• Like 2

Way too much negativity on here (as per). Did brilliantly to pull it back, better team in 2nd half. Red card changes everything. 

Some really good lessons to learn from today.

• Like 3

I appreciate Enzo likes Vestergaard for his passing ability but he's far to slow against anyone why even a small amount of pace and some of his clearances in the box on recent games have been really lazy.

• Like 1

Just now, southfox66 said:

I think we gave it a good go, but down to ten the chances of winning none existence. Maybe losing in normal time a good thing, so we can focus on championship now.

ET would have just pulled us to bits down to 10, at 11 I’d have wanted it.

• Like 1

Just now, Ledecestre said:

They are not like Wolves at all, they may be crap at the minute compared to normal but this is just silly. 

3 minutes ago, Ledecestre said:

Wolves have done the double over Chelsea this season, you’re fearing what they used to be. They’re bang average at best, that’s why they’re bottom half of the prem. Like you say they’re crap atm

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Standard fayre from Pearce. Not sure what Keown's done wrong. Thought his comments throughout were fair, and whilst staying neutral, you could tell he wanted Leicester.

TBF Keown wasn't anywhere near his standard level today (ie absolutely shite). 

But its still a dreadful combo, I really have no idea how Pearce has made a career