Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VintageFox73

Will Enzo walk ?

42 minutes ago, Bozman said:

Not bothered one way or the other, not really reinvented the wheel here, he's done ok with the best squad in this league, and if he does spit the dummy out, I'd say go for the Ipswich manager who's done a far more remarkable job in my mind.. 

Iv been saying that, hes a top quality manager who plays fast attacking exciting football 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozman said:

Not bothered one way or the other, not really reinvented the wheel here, he's done ok with the best squad in this league, and if he does spit the dummy out, I'd say go for the Ipswich manager who's done a far more remarkable job in my mind.. 

I think if you speak with some Ipswich fans you'll probably find that Mckenna has his faults too.

Fans of other clubs probably fail to believe that we sit second in the league yet despite that a fair portion of the fan base question Enzos decisions. 

Would Mckenna take a backwards step to join us if Enzo walks? We are hardly an attractive proposition...potential points deduction/fines/transfer embargos...

I can't see many managers being desperate to join us unfortunately.

Edited by lee7
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

And if I was the Ipswich board, I'd be very happy with the job McKenna's been doing and try to hold on to him at all costs.

And if I was McKenna, I'd be revelling in my achievements and want to see just how far I can keep this ball rolling, rather than move to a club that is stalling.

I'm just pointing out the fact that Enzo  has  done a alright job for us and not done anything better than I expected at the start of the season with the squad we have, and as for the Ipswich manager I'd wager if they don't get promoted I think if we came knocking he would be very interested If we achieved promotion.. Not saying he would be the right appointment I'm just more impressed with what he's done with the players he's had to work with.. 

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm not sure that's entirely true. It is somewhat but it's not every team. I wouldn't say Ipswich play this way for example.

I think Ipswich are a good example to pick. For me they’re like us at our best under Enzo. They don’t treat the ball like a hot potato but do fizz it around quickly with purpose.

Often I think the criticism of our style of play is when we haven’t had a good game, or run of them. This style doesn’t stand up well to a bad day at the office

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Skidmark said:

He's over-rated and plays pedestrian ineffective football. We'd be lucky if he left in summer, even if we went up. 

Ineffective, yet second on goal difference with a game in hand. If you think it's boring fair enough, but you can't really say it hasn't been effective.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Ineffective, yet second on goal difference with a game in hand. If you think it's boring fair enough, but you can't really say it hasn't been effective.

At the start of the season and up until recently I'd agree. EnzoBall  has been effective, as our points tally and league position shows. 

But something has changed, and we look nothing like the dominant team of last year and early 2024.

Compared to other teams we are slow and pedestrian in our play, and currently the style, which hasn't changed a single bit from day one is ineffective, as the drop in performance and more importantly the lack of wins shows.

And yes it is boring to watch for high percentages of the match and our style of play has spoilt my enjoyment of the game personally..

Maybe if we played the 'passing fest' at a quicker tempo, and didn't always pass it backwards as much to "reset" ( there have been numerous times where a forward pass is on, or the opposition has had the time to get it's shape back and regroup defensively while we have passed the hell out of the ball 38 times in midfield waiting to 'pull  players out of position', but they've not taken the bate)  it might be a little bit more pleasing on the eye.

Show just a teeny weeny bit of daring to actually go forward with some intent.

Oh wait, sorry that's not our identity is it.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

At the start of the season and up until recently I'd agree. EnzoBall  has been effective, as our points tally and league position shows. 

But something has changed, and we look nothing like the dominant team of last year and early 2024.

Compared to other teams we are slow and pedestrian in our play, and currently the style, which hasn't changed a single bit from day one is ineffective, as the drop in performance and more importantly the lack of wins shows.

And yes it is boring to watch for high percentages of the match and our style of play has spoilt my enjoyment of the game personally..

Maybe if we played the 'passing fest' at a quicker tempo, and didn't always pass it backwards as much to "reset" ( there have been numerous times where a forward pass is on, or the opposition has had the time to get it's shape back and regroup defensively while we have passed the hell out of the ball 38 times in midfield waiting to 'pull  players out of position', but they've not taken the bate)  it might be a little bit more pleasing on the eye.

Show just a teeny weeny bit of daring to actually go forward with some intent.

Oh wait, sorry that's not our identity is it.

Not sure why you've argued those points with me to be honest, I haven't argued it's great to watch or anything of the sort or that it couldn't be improved. Just that calling the style of play that's been effective for a majority of the season ineffective overall is wrong.

Hope nobody minds, but I wanted to post this again as I didn’t get any responses and am keen to hear some answers/opinions/theories…

What is it that people realistically expect of our current squad at this moment?

What do they realistically expect our playing style to be and what results will it get?

If Maresca left, then who realistically would come in and what would they do that the fans who don’t like Maresca’s style would approve of?

Genuine questions. 

4 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Hope nobody minds, but I wanted to post this again as I didn’t get any responses and am keen to hear some answers/opinions/theories…

What is it that people realistically expect of our current squad at this moment?

What do they realistically expect our playing style to be and what results will it get?

If Maresca left, then who realistically would come in and what would they do that the fans who don’t like Maresca’s style would approve of?

Genuine questions. 

Promotion as champions. Should have broke points record or at least come close. 

Entertaining football in this league, which he has managed for large parts in my opinion, although I have massive reservations about some aspects of his philosophy.

Get us up and I won't care about any of the above though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Genuine questions. 

1. Fight, show some heart, but beyond that nothing. I do not expect any positions because it’s arrogant and ignores any unforeseen context.
  2. I do not expect any style, just that whatever it is, it works, and yes preferably exciting
  3. Expect it would be a boring predictable safe appointment for a while
  4. This feels like a fishing expedition. :)

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:
  1. Fight, show some heart, but beyond that nothing. I do not expect any positions because it’s arrogant and ignores any unforeseen context.
  2. I do not expect any style, just that whatever it is, it works, and yes preferably exciting
  3. Expect it would be a boring predictable safe appointment for a while
  4. This feels like a fishing expedition. :)

Honestly isn’t a fishing trip. I am just curious as to what the greener grass may be that some can see. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Honestly isn’t a fishing trip. I am just curious as to what the greener grass may be that some can see. 

Yes, tend to agree that it’s intriguing with the wide range of opinions and expectations.

25 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Not sure why you've argued those points with me to be honest, I haven't argued it's great to watch or anything of the sort or that it couldn't be improved. Just that calling the style of play that's been effective for a majority of the season ineffective overall is wrong.

Go back and read my first line again.  

I was agreeing with you.

Then I said it was affective until just recently...so yet again I was agreeing with you.

But I was also agreeing with the original poster in saying it's (currently) ineffective and boring.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Go back and read my first line again.  

I was agreeing with you.

Then I said it was affective until just recently...so yet again I was agreeing with you.

But I was also agreeing with the original poster in saying it's (currently) ineffective and boring.

I'm aware you've agreed on when and when it hasn't worked, I'm on about your comments regarding the style in general and how exciting it is or isn't etc

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I'm aware you've agreed on when and when it hasn't worked, I'm on about your comments regarding the style in general and how exciting it is or isn't etc

In that case, I stand by my comments then.  We are boring to watch, most of the time.

And we will continue to be so as long as we play EnzoBall. The style is conducive of it..  sorry but I've never been a fan from day one and that will never change (regardless of the manager)

• Haha 1

One thing that did cross my mind, what did actually happen with the Casadei recall, did Chelsea really terminate the loan based on lack of minutes, just at a time when he was getting game time and was due a decent run in the side because of the injury to Wilf, for him to hardly kick a ball for Chelsea. Or was this a non-footballing decision by the club to start cutting back on some costs and trimming wherever possible and there was a termination option in January which we exploited. 

if it was a non-football related decision then it may well explain some of the frustrations Enzo may have when the club and certain high ranking executives, I guess it’s highly unlikely we will find out, but I never did quite buy that Chelsea recalled him, or the timing of it. 

• Like 1

As others have said, regardless of FFP related issues.

Enzo with this squad at his disposal not getting promotion would surely be deemed a failure.

As for someone asking what they’d like from our next manager (which is crazy to even consider but I’ll entertain the question)

1) In game management that actually sees our manager positively influence game, has Enzo done that once this season?

2) Anyone who isn’t Rodgers (I will never excuse him for the mess he was at the heart of) 

3) Someone who wants to be here and is a builder with a short and long term plan