Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VintageFox73

Will Enzo walk ?

He won't walk. Why would he?

For one, we have cash rich owners and, fingers crossed, will be promoted. When all this is sorted and books are balanced we will be in a better position than, at least, the next three teams that come up from the championship.

Secondly, I'm under no disillusion that he will move on to something different when ever his time comes. Just like young players, we are a stepping stone to something bigger and better for Enzo. If he walked away it would tarnish him with arrogance that he certainly has not earned yet. People forgetting he's not Pep.

Thirdly, getting promoted this season is the best way he can get to managing in the Premier League.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I genuinely think you should start looking for a different sport to follow - Football at the top level has already changed to this style and will trickle down the leagues. 

If it’s not Enzo playing this style (which I see the benefits but also why you think it’s dull sometimes) then it’ll be someone else

If you disagree with my opinion about my comment. Then cool, but, please do not 'Genuinely' try and dictate what I should and shouldn't watch. That's out of order. 

Football at the top, hasn't ALL changed. 👍🏽

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blue army 1988 said:

He won't walk. Why would he?

For one, we have cash rich owners and, fingers crossed, will be promoted. When all this is sorted and books are balanced we will be in a better position than, at least, the next three teams that come up from the championship.

Secondly, I'm under no disillusion that he will move on to something different when ever his time comes. Just like young players, we are a stepping stone to something bigger and better for Enzo. If he walked away it would tarnish him with arrogance that he certainly has not earned yet. People forgetting he's not Pep.

Thirdly, getting promoted this season is the best way he can get to managing in the Premier League.

He thinks he's Pep

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Hope nobody minds, but I wanted to post this again as I didn’t get any responses and am keen to hear some answers/opinions/theories…

What is it that people realistically expect of our current squad at this moment?

What do they realistically expect our playing style to be and what results will it get?

If Maresca left, then who realistically would come in and what would they do that the fans who don’t like Maresca’s style would approve of?

Genuine questions. 

Top two - if we missed out to Leeds and Southampton, I'd accept that as the gap of budget etc is significantly lower. 

I think the other questions are all conjecture dependent on the time and availability of managers - in the situation we were/are in, the playing style should be that what fits the squad and utilises their abilities the best. 

On 26/03/2024 at 14:52, VintageFox73 said:

Iv been saying that, hes a top quality manager who plays fast attacking exciting football 

Why would he come to us......!?

6 hours ago, adamkhalifa said:

If you disagree with my opinion about my comment. Then cool, but, please do not 'Genuinely' try and dictate what I should and shouldn't watch. That's out of order. 

Football at the top, hasn't ALL changed. 👍🏽

“I genuinely think” is an expression of my opinion.

Sorry if that wasn’t clear enough. 

4 hours ago, Claridge said:

Bare minimum with this squad was to be challenging automatics which we are so a success up to a point.

To let the lead slip, winge about the fans and to make some rather strange selections, leaves me with little confidence in him being as good as he thinks he is. Some of the passing for the sake of it is pretentious drivel as is his waffle about his tactics. Most teams have sussed us out and games are now a struggle as he doesn't seem to understand that changing tactics is not a weakness in betraying Enzo ball, which is boring to watch a lot of the time. Be a miracle if we stayed in the Prem with Enzo in charge, but it will be hard for any manager.

Spot on 

• Like 1

I've never taken to him, nor did I with Rodgers.

I think I'm old school though, tend to prefer managers we've had in the past in the O'Neill, Little and Pearson mould. 

Find the new ones a little boring nowadays, wouldn't want to be stuck at a dinner table with them or have them backing you up in a fight.

• Like 3

Had a discussion in the pub last night about Enzo's tactics. Several Guinness later we argued about the effectiveness of the inverted wing backs using coasters. I'm ashamed to say a fist fight broke out and a brawl started. 

This is what your tactics have done to us Enzo.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MonarchFox said:

I think I'm old school though, tend to prefer managers we've had in the past in the O'Neill, Little and Pearson mould. 

Find the new ones a little boring nowadays, wouldn't want to be stuck at a dinner table with them or have them backing you up in a fight.

Before  that Jock  Wallace,I'd  love that type of manager in now ,shake afew things up and never dull.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MonarchFox said:

That's because we have changed the style of play throughout the club... i.e Puel, Rodgers, Enzo.. Enzo seems the most engaged and willing out the three though and doesn't mince his words.

14 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Had a discussion in the pub last night about Enzo's tactics. Several Guinness later we argued about the effectiveness of the inverted wing backs using coasters. I'm ashamed to say a fist fight broke out and a brawl started. 

This is what your tactics have done to us Enzo.

Possibly the first time Enzo's tactics have created something worth watching :)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

“I genuinely think” is an expression of my opinion.

Sorry if that wasn’t clear 

Rather than taming the situation, you add fire to it. Well done. 

Edited by adamkhalifa

9 hours ago, Nod.E said:

People wouldn't find Enzoball boring if it wasn't the likes of James Justin, N'didi and KDH tasked with playing intricate little passes. I like KDH, but the lad would be possibly the worst bowls player ever seen if he were to don the greens. Weight of pass not exactly his strong suit.

We've seen in glimpses throughout the season how scintillating it looks when it clicks.

It clicks more often when we have players that fit the idea. 

I take the point on lack of flexibility, but at this point in the season after week after week drilling in patterns of play, what do you expect? 4-4-2, play it to the wingers and whip it in?

We thought ripping up the rule book and throwing caution to the wind would work under Dean Smith. That's not a defence of Rodgers, we should have sacked him months before it got to that, but panicking and abandoning established patterns at crunch time demonstrably doesn't work.

You can like or dislike Enzoball, but Enzoball is what you get with Enzo and that was always going to be the case. Was he the best manager to suit the players at our disposal? Well, up until a couple of weeks ago we were set to break records. For me, we're already a little technically weak, so it only takes losing Ricardo's intricacy and N'didi's athleticism for it all to fall apart. 

Talk of being found out is lazy. We're just easier to play against without our best players.

What I will say of Enzo - he needs to manage games better when we take narrow leads into the latter stages. I will level that criticism at him. The talk of boring football, however, is lazy.

Ok. I'll bite..

Lets wait for the next two games, and if we have a full Ndidi and Ricardo included and 90% international break rested squad taking to the pitch, playing the inevitable Enzoball, but we still produce the same poor results thet we have recently been suffering what then ?  (No, its not so I can say "I told you so" , I've posted before that I find that childish behaviour) 

Surely if as you suggested at the top of your post the other weaker technical players are at then still the problem then surly Enzo should address this. 

However the players and their limitations you hi-lighted didn't seem to have a problem or cause us a problem at the beginning of the season when we were walking the league or until recently they were deemed good enough then.  Have they suddenly become cr@p overnight? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Ok. I'll bite..

Lets wait for the next two games, and if we have a full Ndidi and Ricardo included and 90% international break rested squad taking to the pitch, playing the inevitable Enzoball, but we still produce the same poor results thet we have recently been suffering what then ?  (No, its not so I can say "I told you so" , I've posted before that I find that childish behaviour) 

Surely if as you suggested at the top of your post the other weaker technical players are at then still the problem then surly Enzo should address this. 

However the players and their limitations you hi-lighted didn't seem to have a problem or cause us a problem at the beginning of the season when we were walking the league or until recently they were deemed good enough then.  Have they suddenly become cr@p overnight? 

That's a bit contradictory, no?

You're right, we were pissing the league. But a lot of people weren't happy, you included by the sounds of it. That's because the players we have, while of a great standard for this league, aren't the most suited to this technical style of football. 

That doesn't mean the appointment of Maresca was wrong. I love that we've gone down the route of establishing a clear identity. In a best case scenario, we go up, shake up the squad again and get one iteration closer to an 'Enzo' team, and we stay up playing an established style of play. Better that than going up by any means necessary and starting again next year.

Nothing in sport is guaranteed and the best case scenario might not happen. Maybe it'll work out that, given our limitations in terms of having technical footballers, we'd have been better suited to a different approach. I'm not sure who that would have been, I'm glad we didn't end up with Scott Parker or Russell Martin, though.

Only time will tell. I think we'll do it. I do hope the game management aspect improves though, it's that which worries me for next season if we do go up.

To your point on the next two games, I don't think we're going to see much of Ricardo, at least not for both games, so we'll probably never know. 

I think not having Doyle at the same time as not having Ricardo could be a massive issue, so I'm not going to come on here and state that we'll be fine and win both games. One of our most established routes into Winks, who we all know is the lynchpin of our play, is from our full backs. I don't trust Justin and Hamza with the role of playing quick, crisp, accurate balls into him. If we start with those two, Bristol would be wise to press the hell out of Winks.

I also think comments on Enzo not mixing things up is harsh. I think we have mixed it up because of this problem of late. We seem to go long a lot more than we were doing earlier in the season. It isn't working, though.

I'm hopeful we'll have enough to take 6 points, but I don't think either of us will be in a position to use the next two games to prove or disprove our argument.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

That's a bit contradictory, no?

You're right, we were pissing the league. But a lot of people weren't happy, you included by the sounds of it. That's because the players we have, while of a great standard for this league, aren't the most suited to this technical style of football. 

That doesn't mean the appointment of Maresca was wrong. I love that we've gone down the route of establishing a clear identity. In a best case scenario, we go up, shake up the squad again and get one iteration closer to an 'Enzo' team, and we stay up playing an established style of play. Better that than going up by any means necessary and starting again next year.

Nothing in sport is guaranteed and the best case scenario might not happen. Maybe it'll work out that, given our limitations in terms of having technical footballers, we'd have been better suited to a different approach. I'm not sure who that would have been, I'm glad we didn't end up with Scott Parker or Russell Martin, though.

Only time will tell. I think we'll do it. I do hope the game management aspect improves though, it's that which worries me for next season if we do go up.

To your point on the next two games, I don't think we're going to see much of Ricardo, at least not for both games, so we'll probably never know. 

I think not having Doyle at the same time as not having Ricardo could be a massive issue, so I'm not going to come on here and state that we'll be fine and win both games. One of our most established routes into Winks, who we all know is the lynchpin of our play, is from our full backs. I don't trust Justin and Hamza with the role of playing quick, crisp, accurate balls into him. If we start with those two, Bristol would be wise to press the hell out of Winks.

I also think comments on Enzo not mixing things up is harsh. I think we have mixed it up because of this problem of late. We seem to go long a lot more than we were doing earlier in the season. It isn't working, though.

I'm hopeful we'll have enough to take 6 points, but I don't think either of us will be in a position to use the next two games to prove or disprove our argument.

Just ref the bold bit..

When 'pissing the league' I was extremely happy we were winning, as any fan should be, so your assumption was totally wrong on that point.

However I have from day one, never hidden the fact that regardless of our results from match number one under Enzo until the last against Chelsea my  dislike of our playing style, but that just me, regardless of it's affectivness or not, aesthetically it just not my cup of tea.

The rest I'm not going to comment on, as we obviously have differing options and it's best to adopt a 'agree to disagree' I think.  

We both want the same thing but just see the route to achieving it differently.

56 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Just ref the bold bit..

When 'pissing the league' I was extremely happy we were winning, as any fan should be, so your assumption was totally wrong on that point.

However I have from day one, never hidden the fact that regardless of our results from match number one under Enzo until the last against Chelsea my  dislike of our playing style, but that just me, regardless of it's affectivness or not, aesthetically it just not my cup of tea.

The rest I'm not going to comment on, as we obviously have differing options and it's best to adopt a 'agree to disagree' I think.  

We both want the same thing but just see the route to achieving it differently.

Not happy / displeased with playing style. Po'tay'to / po'tar'to.

I do think you'd find it more aesthetically pleasing with more capable players in there. 

We end up having to be more cautious than I reckon Enzo would like, because many of our players are really quite poor when it comes to finding a pass. 

Stick with it!

• Like 1

On 27/03/2024 at 08:24, Guppys Love Child said:

Well said my friend, well said.

I to have posted virtually the same observations on other post's and in  different threads, so I'm glad it's not just me who thinks that EnzoBall is boring to watch, and that recently we have been  'sussed out'.

Also that someone else is questioning his lack of 'tactical flexibility' means I'm not totally blind.

I wonder how many other posters think and feel the same now?

Given that he knows more about the inner workings of our club and football in general than I, I do wonder at our playing style, given that it's not working right now and his lack of experience which could facilitate slight changes to his passing masterclass.

I must be careful not be disingenuous to Enzo as it offends some but the guy has proved nothing up to this point, that a fact. 

It’s an interesting junction we are at now.

with 9 games to go we sit neck & neck with Leeds who have managed to catch up.

Our dominance has wained and our playing style is under some serious scrutiny.

everyone has made great points on why this is so I won’t repeat them and they are all valid. What I’ll say is I also noticed under Rogers when we started those few seasons where we dropped out of ecl we were on fire and played some amazing footy.

The passing was quick, accurate, there was high intensity across the team and zero lethargy. Lots of energy, desire confidence. We even made remarks that it was like watching peak Barca at times.

Our lack of quality in squad depth has really hurt us. When we lose too many of our cord group of players our whole system of playing falls apart. Leaving behind the few quality players not injured and they suffer burn out as they try to hold it all together.

Enzo can’t be blamed for it all and yes he should know how to adapt and have other solutions but how when he’s literally learning on the job. He is trying but it looks desperate at best. His time at man city he never experienced this so he has no ideas to fall back on. Compare the rival managers and they are a different pedigree with a ton of experiencing knowing how to deal with different situations and flexible under pressure.

lets give Enzo these next few games to sort it all out and judge him then.