Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VintageFox73

Will Enzo walk ?

Baring in mind the points hes allowed us to drop, to be in the position we are now...If he doesn't end up winning the league, i am a bit confused as to what he has on his CV for people to think hes a desirable choice for anyone?

Has he won anything anywhere other than the youth set up of the worlds richest and most talent rich club?

On 27/03/2024 at 12:24, Guppys Love Child said:

Well said my friend, well said.

I to have posted virtually the same observations on other post's and in  different threads, so I'm glad it's not just me who thinks that EnzoBall is boring to watch, and that recently we have been  'sussed out'.

Also that someone else is questioning his lack of 'tactical flexibility' means I'm not totally blind.

I wonder how many other posters think and feel the same now?

A lot have felt this way from the very start, but got shot down by the usual blue tinters.

We can go on to win every game from tomorrow onward, id still have my reservations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, adamkhalifa said:

Rather than taming the situation, you add fire to it. Well done. 

I’m aiming to explain what I meant by “I genuinely think”, not “tame a situation”.

There is no situation.

You’ve misinterpreted my words and somehow chosen to be offended. I’ve explained the intent and apologised if it wasn’t clear. 

Edited by 5waller5

2 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Not happy / displeased with playing style. Po'tay'to / po'tar'to.

I do think you'd find it more aesthetically pleasing with more capable players in there. 

We end up having to be more cautious than I reckon Enzo would like, because many of our players are really quite poor when it comes to finding a pass. 

Stick with it!

That will always be the case given our financial situation, the ownership needs to remove its obsession with this brand of football.

15 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

That will always be the case given our financial situation, the ownership needs to remove its obsession with this brand of football.

I don't think that's necessarily true. 

Sensi is an example of the profile of footballer we can bring in without breaking the bank. 

17 hours ago, Nod.E said:

People wouldn't find Enzoball boring if it wasn't the likes of James Justin, N'didi and KDH tasked with playing intricate little passes. I like KDH, but the lad would be possibly the worst bowls player ever seen if he were to don the greens. Weight of pass not exactly his strong suit.

We've seen in glimpses throughout the season how scintillating it looks when it clicks.

It clicks more often when we have players that fit the idea. 

I take the point on lack of flexibility, but at this point in the season after week after week drilling in patterns of play, what do you expect? 4-4-2, play it to the wingers and whip it in?

We thought ripping up the rule book and throwing caution to the wind would work under Dean Smith. That's not a defence of Rodgers, we should have sacked him months before it got to that, but panicking and abandoning established patterns at crunch time demonstrably doesn't work.

You can like or dislike Enzoball, but Enzoball is what you get with Enzo and that was always going to be the case. Was he the best manager to suit the players at our disposal? Well, up until a couple of weeks ago we were set to break records. For me, we're already a little technically weak, so it only takes losing Ricardo's intricacy and N'didi's athleticism for it all to fall apart. 

Talk of being found out is lazy. We're just easier to play against without our best players.

What I will say of Enzo - he needs to manage games better when we take narrow leads into the latter stages. I will level that criticism at him. The talk of boring football, however, is lazy.

Certainly agree the football has been good when all players are fit and what we get with Enzo is this, Enzoball. But this is my issue with the modern day coaches. Why do they persist to play a certain way even though they have not got the players? Surely the job of the coach is to get the best out of the players available. We were relegated as Rodgers refused to play any other style as his own philosophy is to play out. In theory sounds great but with Ward, Thomas, Amartey, Ndidi etc we were our own worst enemy. Look at Burnley, they have to play out but have not got the players to do so. Dyche gets a lot of criticism but he kept Burnley up for years spending less than Kompany did in one transfer window. It seems that modern day coaches can only coach 1 style of play. 

When Ricardo and Ndidi are injured, there has to be a better option than just replace with 2 other players and expect them to do the same job.  I would expect a decent coach to be able to recognise this and put our strongest team out playing in a way that benefits and not hinders them. We have lost an 8-13 point lead in 1 month due to injuries and persisting with this style of play. Enzo mentioned he plays this style as it is supposed to tire the opposition, yet we are the ones who look shattered after 75 minutes and is why we concede so many late goals. But nothing changes. We have dropped 13 points in the last 15 minutes and there has not been any indication to address this. It was the same with Rodgers defending corners. It got so bad that as fans we would cheer when we did not concede a goal from a corner. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nod.E said:

So then I'm sure you'll forgive people for treating such closed-mindedness with contempt, the way you do. You're as bad as a 'blue tinter' in that regard, surely?

Why are so few football fans measured? In fact in life generally, why are folk generally in camp A or camp B, sat at opposite ends of the extreme?

Can more people not appreciate what Enzo is doing while maintaining some reservations?

Painful.

Nah, you can't have it both ways, and in fact if you say anything positive about Enzo you are also a Rodgers lover.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

So then I'm sure you'll forgive people for treating such closed-mindedness with contempt, the way you do. You're as bad as a 'blue tinter' in that regard, surely?

Why are so few football fans measured? In fact in life generally, why are folk generally in camp A or camp B, sat at opposite ends of the extreme?

Can more people not appreciate what Enzo is doing while maintaining some reservations?

Painful.

See I think most are balanced albeit that even with balance comes being naturally a bit more pessimistic or optimistic.

Problem is, even if you said for example, 90% are balanced(ish) and 5% are let’s call them blue tinters, I.e Enzo, the club whoever can’t do anything wrong and the other 5% are let’s call them wingers. That 10% minority are a lot more vocal and it therefore seems a lot more as most balanced supporters are naturally quieter about it.

My issue is, when as a balanced supporter, you do express reservations as you yourself say is fine to do, you get met with aggression from the extreme vocal blue tinters and get accused of wanting us to lose or wanting hoofball etc. Whereas the true wingers as it were, tend to just post for their own venting and it’s a forum so why not. Thats why it’s the blue tinters who piss me off more as if you don’t like reading someone’s posts because they are too negative for you, just put them on ignore rather than being aggressive!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adejo92 said:

A lot have felt this way from the very start, but got shot down by the usual blue tinters.

We can go on to win every game from tomorrow onward, id still have my reservations.

“I could go on to be proved wrong, and I would still think I’m right”

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

“I could go on to be proved wrong, and I would still think I’m right”

No, not at all.

What I'm saying is that even if we get promoted, there's worrying signs that have been consistent throughout the whole season.

There's only really a hand full of games where you come away thinking "yeah, we played really well there".

You genuinely think we've looked convincing this season?

I guess it's always easier to not have an opinion and just blend in with the majority for an easy ride.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

Given that we need a complete reset now, Maresca isn’t the man for it. We need a scrapper and disciplinarian - along with a new ownership, board and senior management team - to oversee a complete revamp of the squad and finances. 

This club is dead, it’s just refusing to accept that it’s no longer registering on the machine that goes ping. 

• Like 2