Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VintageFox73

Will Enzo walk ?

2 hours ago, adamkhalifa said:

I really don't care if he did walk. With the sqaud he has, he is doing exactly (B) average.

Enzo (Puel style) football is awful to watch. 

That's quite surprising, given the near-faultless start that he had.

The team needs to learn how to perform well under pressure.

4 hours ago, adamkhalifa said:

I really don't care if he did walk. With the sqaud he has, he is doing exactly (B) average.

I genuinely think you should start looking for a different sport to follow - Football at the top level has already changed to this style and will trickle down the leagues. 

If it’s not Enzo playing this style (which I see the benefits but also why you think it’s dull sometimes) then it’ll be someone else

• Like 2

There ain't many that walk from our club! Brian Little & MON are two of the memorable few. Of course there were a couple of to$$ers along the way - Mark McGhee & Gary Megson spring to mind. But the majority got the sack - it don't matter none if they won us the Premier League or the FA Cup! 😂

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

If we manage to lose Enzo I want Rudkin paraded naked up and down the saff while chucking anything I can get my hands on at him

And the other day Mavididi posts to Soumare (at Sevilla) to come back on Instagram to which he replied with ‘you already know’ 🤔

Sevilla aren’t exactly comfortable financially and won’t have any European football next season either, so not like he would be going somewhere that could give him a decent amount of money to rebuild the squad to suit his tactics

There is still a chance they could be relegated as well

Regarding Soumare I think it is more likely that Enzo has probably spoken to him and told him he wants him as part of his team next season if we go up

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, adamkhalifa said:

still on to break the Championship record with 9 games to go, one away win from breaking our (maybe even the league?!) record. It is so lazy to say the squad he has we should be top. The players he inherited were basically broken and not good enough to survive in the premier league. 

Average though....

Think you need to lower your expectations, if we did lose him with our currently situation we would end up with some has be journey man. 

Awful to watch is also an opinion that isnt shared by all. I personally find playing football the way we are a lot more interesting that lumping it long and feeding off scraps. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I think he’ll be off. He’s not really settled with the fans and he’ll have realised we’re managed by a bunch of lunatics. 

That's pretty much it for me. There are a number of factors going against him being here.

- Fans haven't really taken to him for the most part and his comments after the majority of home games seem to imply this bothers him.

- Still haven't forgotten how fed up he looked in Thailand in July. Think it was starting to hit him already what he's dealing with.

- Let down over Sensi and never even got anybody in to replace Casadei. People will say he should've seen it coming, but we have previous here with Rodgers.

- Possibility that it's going a bit to pot on the field anyway.

I'm having doubts whether he's truly the right man for this situation regardless. I can see a natural parting of ways.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Sevilla aren’t exactly comfortable financially and won’t have any European football next season either, so not like he would be going somewhere that could give him a decent amount of money to rebuild the squad to suit his tactics

There is still a chance they could be relegated as well

Regarding Soumare I think it is more likely that Enzo has probably spoken to him and told him he wants him as part of his team next season if we go up

I think If we go up Soumare could possibly thrive in the number 8 role. 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think If we go up Soumare could possibly thrive in the number 8 role. 

The bloke clearly doesn't give a sh*t and thinks he's gods gift to football, Can get away with this attitude in France & Italy.... Not England.

Move on and take your 80k a week with you.

I imagine he will walk... to the edge of the box, then to Vesty...back to the box.... over to Winks.... back to Vesty... to the edge of the box, then to Vesty...back to the box.... over to Winks.... back to Vesty... to the edge of the box, then to Vesty...back to the box.... over to Winks.... back to Vesty... to the edge of the box, then to Vesty...back to the box.... over to Winks.... back to Vesty... to the edge of the box, then to Vesty...back to the box.... over to Winks.... back to Vesty... to the edge of the box, then to Vesty...back to the box.... over to Winks.... back to Vesty... to the edge of the box, then to Vesty...back to the box.... over to Winks.... back to Vesty....

What is it that people realistically expect of our current squad at this moment?

What do they realistically expect our playing style to be and what results will it get?

If Maresca left, then who realistically would come in and what would they do that the fans who don’t like Maresca’s style would approve of?

Genuine questions. 

• Like 1

Nah he’s only walking if a better project from a bigger club came along. With all the trouble the club are in it’s a convenient enough distraction. Easier to go end of this season with us failing ‘if’ we don’t progress than if we win promotion.

8 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think the only way Enzo will walk, regardless of whether we go up or not, is if he there has been a significant change in circumstances that wasn’t discussed/shared at the time of him joining. We have all worked in situations where we have been told the truth and no matter how shitty the situation is, you at least have the opportunity to fully understand the situation and can therefore look to navigate a path through the choppy waters, or you can choose to not take the role/move on. 

If the club decided not to divulge the gravity of the problem and the high risk of a breach, which would severely impact us in the January window and the very imminent and highly likely risk of a significant points sanction at some stage before next season, then it is fair to think that this would now lead to some cracks in the relationship and for their to be a real lack of credibility for the clubs hierarchy. 

However if the club did divulge that potentially choppy waters lay ahead and without significant sales of unwanted players then there was a real risk of a financial breach and this would severely restrict future spending beyond the last summer transfer window, then I think it’s less likely Enzo will walk away. 

This isn’t about his arrogance and/or whether he has achieved enough to warrant taking another job, this is purely about whether the relationship between the employer and their manager is one of 100% trust or if one of the parties has been sold a dud. 

For what it’s worth, if De Zerbi goes in the summer I wouldn’t be shocked to see Brighton target Enzo. 

I'd say there's a decentish chance this was the case. The Sensi situation didn't really tally with how we acted in the summer making luxury signings like Cannon. They have previous with Rodgers as well for all I fault him.

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

still on to break the Championship record with 9 games to go, one away win from breaking our (maybe even the league?!) record. It is so lazy to say the squad he has we should be top. The players he inherited were basically broken and not good enough to survive in the premier league. 

Average though....

Think you need to lower your expectations, if we did lose him with our currently situation we would end up with some has be journey man. 

Awful to watch is also an opinion that isnt shared by all. I personally find playing football the way we are a lot more interesting that lumping it long and feeding off scraps. 

Correct, it is down to opinion..

But who said anything about lumping it long and scrap feeding.

I find EnzoBall boring hell, but also I wouldn't want hoof ball as our playing style .

A hybrid option of counter attack, with the odd hoof here and there, with some heavy influence towards forward passing and not the unnecessary pressure created by passing back 90% of the time to start the recycling from the back we currently adopt.

Teams have woken up to our move the opposition around by 57 passes ethos and are not getting sucked in. (Hence the current blip) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I genuinely think you should start looking for a different sport to follow - Football at the top level has already changed to this style and will trickle down the leagues. 

If it’s not Enzo playing this style (which I see the benefits but also why you think it’s dull sometimes) then it’ll be someone else

I'm not sure that's entirely true. It is somewhat but it's not every team. I wouldn't say Ipswich play this way for example.