Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VintageFox73

Will Enzo walk ?

I think he will stay if we go up, but then either quit by mutual consent or get sacked if we end up in the bottom 3 all season, with his system we are never going to be able to afford to buy the players he needs for it to succeed.

• Like 1

He has more class in his little finger than Rodgers did but I don’t think he is just walking out. They are all motivated by money to some extent or another so won’t just walk away from a contract. Not to say he wouldn’t have his agent working on getting him poached if he does want out.

I like him a lot but with all this stuff about the finances and the club being a mess I do wonder whether it was the right appointment in a way with the investment you need to make it work. Time in the short term and longer will tell but I wonder whether a more pragmatic approach might have been sensible. Not that realistically we would be doing much better points wise with anybody else but in terms of the squad building needed.

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Fans need to stop having a go at the club and get behind them and more importantly Enzo and the team.

The owners may not be perfect but I am a little mystified as to what the fansa ctually want. If the owners showed no ambition and we were a yo yo team like Burnely or Bournemouth, the fans would be whinging. 

We never would have won the league and and FA Cup without this ownership. 

Yes theyve made mistakes, Rudkin being the biggest one, but there is a lot worse out there. New owners will change little, there is no physical way to suddenly increase our turnover and income overnight. 

The real issue with all this is that the FFP and PSR rules are absolute horse shit. They effectively mean small clubs can never invest in growth, even if it is sustainable. They can never hope to grow beyond a certain point. To remain within the rules the non greedy six would need to sell their players to the greedy six or other giants who are mortaged up to the hilt!! Its an absolute joke, it also allows the greedy xi to lowball on offers as they know some clubs 'need' the money. No one can pretend to me that this isnt putely to protect the status quo, the greedy six and all involved. All I can say is **** them and I hop the club make a mokery of this whole shower of corrupt shit for the good of football. 

I tend to agree, makes you foxin_mad don't it?

I listened to the BBC RL podcast a little earlier with Guillem Balague as there were a few posts criticising it. 

I didn’t get the same impression as some of the critics here, I think those with an anti-Enzo agenda may have overly interpreted some things like the comment about not wanting in the manage in the Championship - Balague said it in a jokey way like a marathon runner says after a race they don’t want to do that again because of the ordeal. And let’s be clear about it, none of us want Leicester in the Championship but the Premiership instead. 

He’s also wrote about the hierarchy needing to shape up and modernise - look at the FFP thread and the previous season’s mess for all the evidence/info you need. It’s clear Enzo wants to change the whole setup of the club to compete over the longer term in the PL and has high expectations, which surely is a good thing? 

Where I think criticism is fair is playing a style with a high line with players that can’t do it through lack of pace (as well as Balague’s bias/not acknowledging that this squad should be promoted). The profile of player we likely need to play this style in the PL if we get promotion will be very hard to acquire  -  but then raises the question of choosing a manager with a style that doesn’t work for certain defenders, and no guarantee of money? Suggests there isn’t a clear vision at the club and inconsistency in what they want. 

The players clearly love playing for Enzo and I’m supporting the team to get the job done, that’s what matters. 

Anyway, make your own minds up and give it a listen but thought it was helpful to provide some balance/alternative view. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hkftr9?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Edited by lcfc_forever

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I listened to the BBC RL podcast a little earlier with Guillem Balague as there were a few negative posts about it. 

I didn’t get the same impression as some of the critics here, I think those with an anti-Enzo agenda may have overly interpreted some things like the comment about not wanting in the manage in the Championship - Balague said it in a jokey way like a marathon runner says after a race they don’t want to do that again because of the ordeal. And let’s be clear about it, none of us want Leicester in the Championship but the Premiership instead. 

He’s also wrote about the hierarchy needing to shape up and modernise - look at the FFP thread and the previous season’s mess for all the evidence/info you need. It’s clear Enzo wants to change the whole setup of the club to compete over the longer term in the PL and has high expectations, which surely is a good thing? 

Where I think criticism is fair is playing a style with a high line with players that can’t do it through lack of pace (as well as Balague’s bias/not acknowledging that this squad should be promoted). The profile of player we likely need to play this style in the PL if we get promotion will be very hard to acquire  -  but then raises the question of choosing a manager with a style that doesn’t work for certain defenders, and no guarantee of money? Suggests there isn’t a clear vision at the club and inconsistency in what they want. 

The players clearly love playing for Enzo and I’m supporting the team to get the job done, that’s what matters. 

Anyway, make your own minds up and give it a listen but thought it was helpful to provide some balance/alternative view. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hkftr9?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Guillem is a penis and all he’s done is peddle his “Bigglesbollocks United” fund raiser. 

• Like 2

Not fussed either way if I'm truly honest. 

But my gut says he goes..

It depends on the next 9 games, good finish and promotion he gets a glowing report and looks favourable in the "manager shop window" which increases his chances of being poached. Crash and burn and he can leave under the excuse of the current turmoil ( but anyone with a brain can see through that sham) 

On a personal note, If he does go at least he'll take that god awful boring as fook, passing fest  EnzoBall with him..

• Like 2

I don't think an exit is imminent, unless we have a huge run of loses otherwise he'll be here come August no matter what division. TOP I don't think can afford to sack him. Enzo to West Ham in the summer maybe one, to think about. Moyes is yet to commit and could walk himself and does seem like a possible candidate for them. 

He needs an overhaul of players for his vision of the game, we wont be able to deliver on that even with promotion.

If we dont go up he is gone I think, if we get promoted I am not sure, as the lure of being an EPL manager will be strong, but even if we keep him in the EPL he wont survive the season.

11 hours ago, RoboFox said:

This picture was taken the next day as Whelan and Rudkin approached Enzo at the ground. He's actually puckering up and within 10 seconds of it being taken they were involved in a three-way kiss. 

Read into that what you will. 

Screenshot2024-03-25at10_18_36.thumb.png.a5032b15ed0bc202ae652862ed2ba65b.png

Whistle while you work

Rudders is a twerp......

I just don't really get the logic that he'd walk because of lack of transfers to go somewhere with players who don't necessarily fit his very specific style. Plus lots of clubs are going to be more wary of spending now.

Not sure why he'd walk.

Where else does he go? Every single club, as proved by the January window, is getting bent over by these unworkable rules. If Wolves, Villa, Chelsea and rumouredly others are falling foul of the PSR then he's going to get this issue wherever he goes. There's pretty much only Brighton and Luton not putting the brakes on right now. Sure he didn't get funds in January but he was heavily backed last summer and if we get promoted he's at a PL club with a world class training facility.

Don't think he swaps that for some broke Serie A also-ran.

Didn’t bother to read the thread, but here’s my take.

He just might if he’s not satisfied. He also might not if he is. Though if he is happy here, he still might walk if the right offer comes. Or he might not even if he’s not happy here if the right offer doesn’t come. 
It’s quite clear that whatever happens it’s a possibility. 

Up to boxing day I'd say he had about 99% of the fans support, since then our form dipped and the fans have started to turn which i think has spread down to the players. At times it feels like awkward relationship that Puel had with the fans which certain feed on to the players.

Honestly at the moment he is Brian Kidd when he went to Blackburn.  Good record as a number 2, not achieved anything as a manager.  I don't see a long queue of clubs waiting to take him on.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 1

I think the only way Enzo will walk, regardless of whether we go up or not, is if he there has been a significant change in circumstances that wasn’t discussed/shared at the time of him joining. We have all worked in situations where we have been told the truth and no matter how shitty the situation is, you at least have the opportunity to fully understand the situation and can therefore look to navigate a path through the choppy waters, or you can choose to not take the role/move on. 

If the club decided not to divulge the gravity of the problem and the high risk of a breach, which would severely impact us in the January window and the very imminent and highly likely risk of a significant points sanction at some stage before next season, then it is fair to think that this would now lead to some cracks in the relationship and for their to be a real lack of credibility for the clubs hierarchy. 

However if the club did divulge that potentially choppy waters lay ahead and without significant sales of unwanted players then there was a real risk of a financial breach and this would severely restrict future spending beyond the last summer transfer window, then I think it’s less likely Enzo will walk away. 

This isn’t about his arrogance and/or whether he has achieved enough to warrant taking another job, this is purely about whether the relationship between the employer and their manager is one of 100% trust or if one of the parties has been sold a dud. 

For what it’s worth, if De Zerbi goes in the summer I wouldn’t be shocked to see Brighton target Enzo.